Discussion Anyone ever play the old .hack games?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Westeller, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Nightmares

Nightmares Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I played all the .hack games on ps2. I had a lot of fun with battle systems. Like Hack and Slash game.

2. dark_hero00

dark_hero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I played from .hack infection to .hack//g.u. v3 in junior-senior high like 8-10 years ago. For .hack//g.u I think it has great story and you will feel like you're playing an MMO. you can trade items to npcs to get great equipment, send gifts to "friends" (haseo's friend ofc lol, feels like a simulation game), you will get a motorcycle that can be used to quick exploring and mini-game (only remember time attack), best part that thing can be upgraded too!

Battle wise it feels like playing open world action RPG or Blade & Soul? but unlike most of them, you'll be blocked with barrier once you fight and you can only escape with an item. Grinding to level up isn't really hard but it matters a lot

Westeller likes this.
  3. JarJarThinks

JarJarThinks Addicted to Monster Hunter Generations

Reading List:
    Link
    The original .hack// series (INFECTION, MUTATION, OUTBREAK, QUARANTINE) were all really good experiences to play through. However, to modern game standards, they don't really hold up very well.

.hack//G.U (soon to be G.U Last Recode) holds up in terms of gameplay and plays like an older 3D Tales game. Both series have great stories and great characters with lots of side content to go through. Would recommend, will see how well built the PC port is, but from someone I know who got an early copy by Namco on the PS4, the port is really nice to play.

Westeller likes this.
  4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I remember playing hack sign game. It was funny how it tried to simulate an MMORPG while being a single player game. It was really fun. Unfortunately, I didn't own it, played at a friend's place.

GM_Rusaku likes this.
  5. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    I've played the first hack and hack g.u, but only the first game both

6. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought the game but requested for a refund before two hours was up. :sweating_profusely: I couldn't stand the cringey dialogue and cliche plot. :notlikeblob:

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You realize I can see deleted posts, right? Why'd your opinion change!?! :blobdizzy:

8. GM_Rusaku

GM_Rusaku Neptune-sama's Devoted Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I remember the days that me and my friends are always in the same group project in college, while 2 of us are working on the project one will grind in GU then switch when someone is tired of grinding or doing their work. We managed to hit the counterstop for all characters. The good old days. ( *´︶`*)

Westeller likes this.
  9. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful: I've actually played games from the .hack series before. :notlikeblob: They were fun in my memories but playing the games now isn't. :blobcry: I guess it's a problem of subconsciously comparing them with modern games? :hmm:

10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. Well it's not like I don't know what you mean. ... I actually have a thing for retro games -- not the modern "retro" style of game, I mean actual older games. SNES emulation, for example... PSX emulation.. I like old games. Even older PC games. Of course some stuff today just feels so awful. Terrible graphics, clunky.. Y'know.. the modern perspective really gets to ya. .. but in my experience, if you play them for awhile, your mindset shifts back. You start to really get into them again, and fall in love with them all over.

But that's just me. Not everyone wants to play dated games, lol.

LordCorwin, GM_Rusaku and ongoingwhy like this.