Discussion Anyone interested in voice chat READING CLUB on Discord?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NerdChina, May 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. I like to read my novel to myself and giggles by myself. Although, this would be good for people who read "real" hardcore literature to simply talk about politic or subject more in depth.

Meloman likes this.
  2. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not gender bender, it's crossdressing.
    The genre I'm into is gender bender or body swap kind of thing. Where they actually transform into the opposite gender.

...but I've read a few crossdressing ones too, like Prunus Girl and whatnot...but not many. Gender bender is still the thing that I'm truly into. Like the manga 'Kanojo ni Naru hi' or the novel 'Reborn as my Love Rival's Wife'. Both are respectively my favorite gender bender manga and novel (the novel being my favorite love story of all time too).

You should check out 'Boku Girl' if you like traps in mangas. It's about a trap who gets turned into a girl by Loki for fun and it's quite a decent love story(also not yuri). Best of both worlds, ey?

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  3. killking

killking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I introduce you to the great thing called anonymity in the internet.

Also i dont know if you know the manga, but maybe you can enjoy boku girl
    Edit: Wow what a timing. nvm then

4. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, anonymity, that's probably I'm saying all these right now...?

...or not? I don't really mind telling other people I know either. I just don't think I'll have fun discussing it with other people who like the same stuff. Cause, you know? I don't wanna talk to people who are having perverted thoughts while talking to me. (not about me, just perverted thoughts in general...makes me want to leave them to their own thing)

And you can't really recommend me much of anything that I don't know about already. I'm basically a database for gender bender mangas and novels at this point. There are not many of this specific genre with even these specific sub-genres out there. It's not a really popular genre by itself and I've got preferences within even that. So its not hard to already know all of the novels and mangas cause it's not that many to begin with.

Meloman likes this.
  5. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I'm that much into it, but sure :blobjoy:, whatever floats your boat!

I mostly like straight romance, but an exception now and then doesn't hurt :blobsmirk:

6. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I read prunus girl, idk though if he was trap or just a girl though.

7. Sordahon

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, good romance is awesome, my favorite are Itazura na Kiss, Unbalancex2.

8. Sordahon

Reading List:
    Link
    Also have you read manga about body swapping and 7 witches? Don't remember title though. but mc could steal witches powers.

9. killking

killking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally get that point with not wanting to discuss those topics in a bigger round, wouldnt want that myself ^^. But i think the thinks up to discussion are other Novels. While i think its interesting to talk about your stuff in a smaller more "jokey" environment.

Btw. I was also pretty much in the beginning of my novel reading phase into gender bender, but the "problem" i had with most of these that it either didnt really explore the whole problems or different aspects that come with it and was like "well im a girl now, we never mention my male background ever again" or at max with "oh man im a man in a girls body in this lockerroom full of hot girls, i cant think right". The closest thing i saw that really worked with the topc was boku girl. If you can recommend me something feel free^^

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  10. UDI

UDI Writer / Emcee / Lime Blood

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm interested.

11. Living Dream

Living Dream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really tbh

12. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, I hate it when they just brush over it like its nothing. I only like that drama, their inner conflict, trying to cope with their new body. That's the main reason I like gender bender. I wanna see them suffer! Well, not really. But you get it.
    Maybe that's why I like for it to be straight too. You know, if they end up with a woman after turning, it would be normal for them. Cause they are already previously attracted to women. But if they start to gain feelings for another man, possibly their best friend, the confusion and conflicting emotions they'll feel. That's just what I live for. It's really fun watching them fall for someone they never thought they'd end up with. It's something like that. I guess yaoi can pull that off too, but I don't like yaoi but still want that type of drama, so my preferences immediately went towards the second best choice for it. And that's gender bender. It's technically straight, and it can provide me with the drama I want.

13. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    'Yamada-kun and the 7 witches' is its English name I believe. Yea, its got gender bending in it. Similar to 'Kokoro Connect'. But I don't really consider it as such cause it's either for only one arc, or it's not that big of a plot point...and most importantly, they go back to their original bodies or genders by the end.

I want them to remain the opposite gender till the end and completely become a woman by the end of it and live their lives happily as such.

14. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm 90% sure he's a trap....at least all the hentai artists seem to believe so. (Don't ask me why I know that...I just had to check.)

15. NerdChina

NerdChina Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We have 4 in the group so far. Let me know if anyone else is interested! Reply here or PM.

16. Sordahon

Reading List:
    Link
    I know manga where body swap is one of main points but it's between two guys.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  17. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a manga where gender bending is the main point, but they all turn back to their original gender at the end. (Ame Noci Hare)

The manga is great though, one of the best gender bender mangas out there if you talk from a neutral stand point that's not biased towards any side (unlike me who prefers only Male-to-Female gender bender with straight romance and no turning back). But I can still judge. And I know from a general standpoint, its one of the best gender bender mangas out there.

Well, what I'm saying is that there are all kinds of thing. There is even one where a t-rex from prehistoric times gets transmigrated into the body of a highschool girl. There are all kinds of things out there, and I read all kinds of genres. I'm just saying that that specific genre with those specific sub-genres is just my favorite type and what I'm very into and biased towards.

Like, a fujoshi woman would most probably read normal straight romance novels too...but she's still very much into yaoi. That's what she's into but not the only thing she'll read.

...wait, why am I talking about this?

18. Sordahon

Reading List:
    Link
    You seem to like sharing your fetish with me, that's fine. I like vanilla romance, trap-guy romance, don't like pure yaoi, and don't like harems.

19. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like harem or yaoi either.

You know, as they say, you can have a million things in common and you're still indifferent but the moment you find out you dislike the same thing ,you start hitting it off while throwing as much shit as you like together.

...also, it's not so much as a fetish cause I don't really fap to gender bender hentai or anything. I've read those before, Aji Pontaro hentais and such. And I didn't fap to those even once. I was just reading it for the beautiful love story about a demon king who turns his dearest friend the hero into a woman to make her his wife through a demonic ritual that would free him from the curse of having to murder his friend the demon king. Or that one where the demon king infiltrates the hero's party to attempt a sneak attack but ends up taking care of the clumsy hero, even after his other companions leave him, so when...wait, why the fuck am I talking about this?

I think I really need help.
    So anyway, I don't think I get off of it. I just really REALLY like it for some reason.

20. Sordahon

Reading List:
    Link
    Liking these things is first step,though your description of someone changing into woman and falling in love reminds me of some manga, no demon kings though. There was something about becoming progressively girly. What do you think about AKB49? Takamina has existence crisis if she is lesbian or straight because she falls in love with MC(she doesn't know she is he though), that's really funny because she feels strange liking her(him). 1/2 Prince is also amazing gander bender.