Question Anyone Know if something happened to "Reincarnator"?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls, Aug 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls

Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so basically i finally decided to pick up reincarnator (was fantastic) and although i finished it by looking for it Its been completely wiped from Gravity Tales even though it was updated earlier this month anyone know why?

2. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its always been like that since it moved to GT the TL have so many excuses like having exam , moving to another place etc .

3. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    http://gravitytales.com/news/85
    They're in talks for getting rights to officially release it. As a sign of good faith, they're taking the unlicensed translations down

4. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was reincarnated...ask truck sama where it went

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN and ninish like this.
  5. boop

boop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gravity decided to take down their translation for KR novels for what they say is "good faith" in talks to get licensing. This isn't done by anyone else unless they are asked so fair warning don't expect anything at this point. Especially due to the fact that Gravity has been pretty terrible about giving any info about any decision they have made since QI owned 90% of them that hasn't been horribly stated or an outright lie. (17k or Zongzhen asking them to take down TLs, saying TL does not need to know about licensing talks, not telling anyone about QI owning 90% of them in any way along with the fact that a Gravity person became the QI spokesperson before this, and of course relying on NDA to not talk about things when normally NDAs aren't signed when no contract has even been formed)

Just assume it has been dropped, google-sensei is your friend, until this is (hopefully) proven otherwise.

Kanna Kamui likes this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I pretty much agree with most stuff except NDAs not being signed before contract. That isn't true, sometimes NDA is required at same time of contract, but in other times NDA is signed even before talks begin. The reason for this is pretty simple, they don't want prices to leak.

To give an example, lets say we start talks and I make things public prior to contract.

I decide to keep everyone in the loop.
    Day1: "We offered 5k, they counter offered with 50k"
    Day2: "We renegotiated for 15k, they responded with 30k"
    Day3: "We agreed to meet at 20k"

From then on, anyone who tries to license with them will already have a taste of their pricing and will use it in their negotiation. I know for a fact from running a business, plenty of times we forced clients we work with to lower prices simply by knowing how much the other person is paying.

That said, there is 0 reason to keep translators out of the loop. Translator just signs an NDA and that is it.

Though my guess is GT is treating translators same as QI where they don't see them as even part of the company but freelancers offering their stuff over. Thus, don't feel the need to inform them.

zeus likes this.
  7. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much anything unlicensed has been wiped from gravity after Qidian takeover.

8. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we probably going to have to wait for GT to give up all novels not QI b4 we hear about those novels. Since they trying to win the good graces of QI I doubt they will get other publishers rights since GT itself sold like most of its rights to QI. I know for a fact Munpia will probably not let GT translate any of their novels. They a bit like QI not as bad though.

9. LeakLeaf

LeakLeaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    those fking assholes

10. boop

boop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This can be true but then all the time you hear "we are in talks with X company" being in NDA doesn't mean you can't mention the fact that things are happening.

I can understand NDA when your product isn't unique, but in this case it is. It just seems strange in the sense of the scope of the size of the community and what could even be gained by announcing some details of ongoing talks besides as giving leverage to GT (understandable) but I just doubt that, personally.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  11. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    How many more times are these threads going to appear?

12. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also used to read Reincarnator in GT. Now that GT is officially legal bvllsh!t, anyone know the fate of non-Qidan novels like the Reincarnator ?

13. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp. The moment gravity becomes a foothold website for yuewen, every fan translator shouldve moved out of that site because they should know what will happen otherwise.
    Reincarnator's translator seems to be one of those guys that felt in debt to richard kong and his website..
    So he might just give up translating all togather and dissapear afterwards rather than move out of the site.
    Eitherway, everything non qidian is dead in gravitytales.
    . its the yuewen purge!!
    Nuf said.

14. duburu

duburu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See you in 8 years (Estimated time when the license will catch up what left off)

15. Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls

Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus christ Alright Thanks Everyone

16. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    I will miss Reincarnator forever. :(

17. Diarmuid

Diarmuid New Member