Discussion Anyone know or read The Grave Robbers' Chronicles(Daomu Biji)?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by SummerX, Apr 15, 2017.

1. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it has published English version. I read some of it and do not think that the quality is good, and I am not the only one that thinks this way. I am not going to translate it myself as I know I am not good enough either. Since webnovels are getting popular I am just wondering if there is a way to re-introduce the series to the community.

2. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, the Chinese Qilin x Wuxie fans saw Xiaohua as a threat immediately after he appeared in the novel, and deliberately promotes Hei Xiazi x Xiaohua pairing so that people won't pair Wuxie and Xiaohua together...
    And our dear author, well-known for selling his soul for money and popularity, followed the popular opinion and made the two pairings semi-official
    (TEARS THE BOOKS APART)
    That's just a new level of evilness in yaoi world....

mereumsama likes this.
  3. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my favorite for Qilin x Wuxie pairing: 
    The pic in 4:23

4. Namjoon9499

Namjoon9499 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally understand that, since with the appearance of XiaoHua, a love triangle will appear.
    With the semi-official statement, it good to know that Qilin x Wuxie semi-official XD
    Btw, I click on the link for the manhua and I wasn't ready to see a chopped off hand *chill*

* GLUES EVERY PIECES TOGETHER*

Yup, there is all kinds of level of cruelness in the BL World XD

5. Namjoon9499

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG I LOVE WALKER <3
    His voice is amazing!
    *kowtow* thank you for showing me such a beautiful song <3
    I really need the rest of this book *tears*

6. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    Until very late I always see Wuxie being more of a seme than uke and Qilin being the uke....after XiaoHua came out I just totally jumped to this new pairing.
    Semi-official is my understanding....The author is definitely trying to lead people to think this way though. Even the movies and the tv series are so heavy on this(and ignoring my XiaoHua completely....) The ending of the eighth book honestly moved me and made me had to admit the semi-official relationship of them. The feeling of Wuxie for Qilin reminds me a lot of my first love.....and after 2005 what Wuxie is just approaching and becoming Qilin which made me feel really compelled....

I don't know if you know it already...the author said something along the line of 'I(Qilin) will exchange my entire life for your ten years' innocence' in response to the relationship of them in an interview....then the pairing became so hyped

mereumsama likes this.
  7. Namjoon9499

Reading List:
    Link
    For me I ship Qilin (seme) x Wuxie (uke). Once I shipped a couple, I can't see them switching from being a seme to an uke. Also in movie the Lost Tomb and another one based on Daomu Biji with Luhan in it, you can actually see it clearly that Qilin is the seme and Wuxie is the uke XD, there is some bromance in it too haha.

Poor XiaHua, I have nothing against him but Qilin x Wuxie is my ultimate couple <3
    I hasn't read the 8th book yet *cry* Before I died, I really want to finish Daomu Biji!
    Awww, I really missing out all of this Qilin x Wuxie moment

In the video you showed to me earlier with Walker singing, that line appeared, it make my heart moved. It such a beautiful sentence. I can't even describe how much I love them, honestly I even thinking about translate the rest of the series myself, just to able to read it.

8. Namjoon9499

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to go to bed now, it was nice to talk to you <3
    (I enjoy our argument very much XD)
    *kowtow* thank you for the new information and that beautiful song!
    ~~~Have good night/day~~~Hope to see you around!!!!~~~~~

9. Pipipingu

Pipipingu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say the only way you can reintroduce the series is to go ask Qidian International to host it on their website.

10. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    A novel recommendation became a BL talk....I hope I didn't scare non-yaoi readers away haha.
    The later books are more obviously shipping the pairings, as the author got more and more influenced by the fujoshi fans. I was really reading it purely for their adventure and thought of them only as friends. The 7th and 8th books have some 'too much' moments...did you read the part about Zhangjia Gulou(Ancient tower of Zhang family? I don't know how it's translated and I don't want to spoil anything) that was really touching and heartbreaking.....
    But, I still want Xiaohua. I hate the author more for trying so hard to ship Qilin and Wuxie and actually made it :(

11. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    So, if I found the online reading links of the book, can I post it here? What is the best way to let people read it?
    I only found the first two books.

Ars likes this.
  12. Ars

Ars Simple-Minded Trash

Reading List:
    Link

Ooh, I'm sold.

If it's brought online, I'd definitely read it.

13. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    男の娘? >////<男の娘大好
    My favorite character in the series was trained as an opera singer for female roles~when he was young everybody thought he's a girl and in the story he masqueraded as a woman at least once.
    Part of the book can be found online. There are kindle version I think. And openisbn has the first two books for free.

Ars likes this.
  14. Namjoon9499

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO, everything could shift to the topic of yaoi XD

I stopped at book #6 *tear*
    I think I'll just give the Vietnamese version a try, since I don't think anyone would be translating it anytime soon *sigh*, plus I want to more Qilin x Wuxie scene <3
    Honestly I started this series because of the BL undertone, but then got hook in it overall.

I recommend reading more fanfic about your ship to get risk of that disappointment in the actual book, that's what I do, when my ship ain't going the way I want -_-

15. Yukihito

Yukihito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'M SO GLAD ABOUT THIS THREAD-
    I liked the series (due to my love for Qilin's actor) but was disappointed that I couldn't find the books online. I haven't read the books since I can't buy it (I don't have a credit card-) but I really loved the story and I'll probably love it even more once I read it. If anyone can talk to me about the books, I'll appreciate it- (SPOIL ME REALLY- *coughs*) I also ship Wuxie and Qilin since I don't even know who Xiaohua is OTL
    @lollideath can you pm me the links ;-;

16. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to promote this book in other languages so that there is hope of Wuxie x Xiaohua being more popular than Qilin x Xiaohua overseas.......
    Well, I hate fujoshis.

17. Yukihito

Reading List:
    Link
    I could probably ship Wuxie x Xiaohua once I actually found out who Xiaohua is ;^D
    I hope it also becomes more well-known (internationally)! I haven't met anyone that also knows this :(

18. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    How did you know this then?

19. Yukihito

Reading List:
    Link
    The series? I like Yang Yang since I've watched him from Love O2O then I went to watch his other series~ one is The Lost Tomb. I actually liked the plot of it then went to browse the internet then voila

20. Namjoon9499

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't take it personally since not everyone like fujoshi, but just saying, like me, you're shipping two guys too.