Recommendations Anything like Angel Densetsu?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Osamaru, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/angel-densetsu-r460
    (EDIT NOTE: I should mention, please state if you recommendation is a Manga or a Novel)
    Anyone who's not read Angel Densetsu is missing out on of the best Comedy/Action/Heartwarming Stories out there. Its one of the few I'd feel safe calling a "Classic" (There is a Reason it has a near perfect Score on just about any site it shows up on). There is something about Kitano's "Pure Innocence" and "Normality" that is pretty refreshing, though I admit the comedy plays a big part in exacerbating it (In a room full of weridos and freaks, its the 'normal' guy that's out of place).

Anyone know of anything with a similar premise? Not necessarily the same SETTING, but a MC "Pure Innocence" similar to Kitano's (Innocence, not naivety), but in a setting that finds them drawn into situations. I know this one is going to be pretty "Hit or Miss". If you've not read Angel Densetsu (which if you have not, get to it), then it is pretty hard to grasp Kitano's personally (if anyone knows anyone similar they can relate him too, feel free to say).

As for requirements;
    1): Something of a Decent length(40+ chapters) or being currently translated (last translation at least Feb). I.E not something with 10 chapters that was dropped in Aug 2016.
    2): No Hentai/Smut.
    3): As I said, I am not looking for a "naive" MC (Kitano is a realist), but an "Innocent" one. Not an unrealistic holiness, but more of a the kind of person that anyone who get along with. LIke I said, I know this one is going to be pretty "Hit or miss"; it is hard to describe Kitano to someone who's not read the story.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    zeus, Smaky, raysha18 and 2 others like this.
  2. Uzu30

Uzu30 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I not sure if it will count as the MC being innocent. But it's really a good Manhwa. The similar thing to angel densetsu has to this manhwa is the whole misunderstaning sorrounding the MC. It funny and interesting. Title is:
    Transfer Student Storm Bringer

Sordahon and raysha18 like this.
  3. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    That manga is godlike.I read that in middle school bout to reread that right now. Thanks form the reminder

zeus, Wujigege and Nyarlathotep like this.
  4. heartentice

heartentice The One That Entice The Soul

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe cromartie's high school suits your taste. Its about a smart student transferred into delinquent school of which many misunderstood him as a gangster. Its very funny BTW both angel densetsu and cromartie high school have their anime counterpart, maybe a lil bit old for our taste

Slowpok likes this.
  5. kenjohn100

kenjohn100 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that manga and liked it but i can not think of any story with a character like that sorry.

6. Uzu30

Uzu30 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zippy Ziggy is another good manhwa. Everyone likes the MC but he is kind a dick and pretends to be an nice guy.

7. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my favorite manga, it has been two weeks since I decided to do the same thread but procrastination hit hard

8. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    Handa-kun

9. Jackfrost2139

Jackfrost2139 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Evil duke household

10. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Rizkyfw

Rizkyfw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A really, really classic story. Love it to the max. I'm not sure if you have read Holyland. It is another good and classic manga, the mc is pretty pure chasing his ideology. Although not a heartwarming story, i consider holyland and angel densetsu in the same level of good work.

12. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    cromartie was great, but its more of a "super gag" strip than a full story. Like if MAD was a Manga. Well at least it had a concrete story at the start.

mir likes this.
  13. Smaky

Smaky [A bullied Bunny] [Stalked By LoT(seriously)]

Reading List:
    Link
    OH MY GOSH!! I'm reading the first chapter of 'Angel Densetsu', and I'm laughing my ass off! Thanks mate! :)

Nyarlathotep likes this.
  14. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, I think was really makes Kitano stand out, is that unlike the typical "nice guy", Kitano is just genuinely a good guy. not in an overly obnoxious way, but in a way that would make even a overly cynical person think "ya, he ain't that bad".

Nyarlathotep likes this.
  15. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You'd probably like Ocha Nigosu. Though I personally don't think it's as good.
    Also while not quite the same vein as what you seemed to be looking for my favorite manga of all time Kyou Kara Ore Wa!! is phenomenal and would recommend checking out. (The mc is pure, but also pretty evil. Comedy/Action/School life)

pomoli likes this.
  16. xlefr7

xlefr7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hinamatsuri is as good or funnier than Angel Densetsu

17. Eolan

Eolan Totally serious poster

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Mx0. It carries on the same concept of protagonist misunderstood as being something more, in this case OP magician. While actually, he is a guy with below average talent, who has a crush on a girl and the willpower to overcome any hardship.
    Similar to densetsu in misunderstandings and innocent love (with a bit of ecchi).
    Mc is likable as well as several sidecharacters.
    Just like densetsu, it is a 'classic, and these are two mangas I have reread at least 6 times each and still highly recommend them.

pomoli and mir like this.
  18. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree with OP, there's not many pure MC type nowadays, is t because lack of support from the readers? or publishers being d*ck and not doing this kind of story (benefit/profit/popularities issues), or just no author dare or brave enough to explore it?

honestly would like to see more of this kind, but then, in the end new ideas are hard, and old ones tend to be re-cycled

EDIT: +1 to hinamatsuri and Mx0, both got good comedy/pure/misunderstanding parts :D

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    pomoli likes this.
  19. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is weird, because Angel Densetsu was insanely well received, and constantly rated even higher than the Author's OTHER stupidly popular work, Claymore.

20. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't this one get a super rushed ending that wasn't even really resolved? or was that just the Manga? Is there Novel or Squeal I am not seeing?