LCD Apocalypse Summoner

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Morvian, Jan 1, 2017.

1. angel_serena

angel_serena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    L
    link mtl

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    sigh...good novels everywhere but no time to pick them up!!!

3. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, the novel looks interesting enough for me to give it a try. Even tough the writer seems to have a dark sense of humor, or, at least, a weird taste of humor, there are only 10 chapters translated and so I can't say if it's worth my time and effort. The summons are kinda unconventional... but, I fear that the mc will go make a group and so the novel will use the common trope....

4. Lawlyeth

Lawlyeth [Gorrila Warfare Expert]

Reading List:
    Link
    This octopus ><
    I'm still waiting for an explaination but oh well

5. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tentacle-chan has appeared! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

6. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 9-12 lol

ahah btw I though that scythe beetle bug can be crafted to become scythe weapon for MC but it was sacrifice needed to summon!
    hmm something like that, and 2nd summon is artifact??

7. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    after reading all 13 chapters, i can say this about the novel: It's like GDW, but better. I dont think things will be overly dark in the novel. His first run was fucked up, but he him of now will be capable and smart enough to avoid that shit. Though i did feel sorry for his sister....i assume she was raped or something along those lines by the men, then killed herself. Though she'll obviously be saved now that MC be steppin' onto the stage.

And that healer person. I mean such a sad fate for her.... As for that Sun girl, hm, i think she'll change from how she originally was. Before she just did anything to survive and enjoy a good life, but she's pridefull by nature. Seeing the MC, who she thought was just a sissy, so calm, collected and strong, i believe she'll thinking upon the words the MC said about her original path and reject that life. She'll probably just want to get stronger and more capable.

That aside, i really like the characters. 'Specially the pervy octopus. Adds a bit of lightheartedness that's very welcoming, and reassuring that things wont be all doom and gloom. One thing though is that i cant stop thinking, "All those students have families." Or friends, or lovers, people they just care for.... And they cant just go save all their loved ones. Either their loved ones will die, or, at least for the women, they will be taken and raped. Probably. Who knows. Thinking what may be happening behind the scenes is a bit exciting yet disheartening as well since no one will get out of this with all their family and friends in one piece, they may never even know what happens to their loved ones.

Ah, whatever. A great story so far,really liking it. GDW was just too dark from the get-go, but this one? A perfect blend of comedy and seriousness.

CDLevit likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c1: " the massaging products that you women use" Oh no, not those! XD

Its nice to see that he's not going to hide it. I do wonder how much he'll tell though, considering what all happened to him in his last life due to being too nice.

c2: "However, compared to the carnage of the insect invasion, it's simply ludicrous, like an ant challenging an elephant." That seems like a really bad analogy since, in the case this is meant to describe, its the ants that are eating the elephants.

Why was there a need to make it so that only the girls were super scared and the boys the only ones that can sense danger?

c3: I'm detecting a strong hatred/disrespect for women here. At least in Reincarnator, they acknowledged that this sort of thing happened to good looking, weak men too. I hope chauvinism isn't going to be a theme in this series.

c4: Its pretty much impossible for his skills to have not degraded. His muscles are completely different pre-death vs pre-appocalypse. Sure, his technique would be better than the first time around, but he wouldn't be on the same level as he was at the end of his life.

c5: I can't help but notice the author's fixation on women being deformed or cursed by lust as being particularly gruesome fates. Even worse is that the only thing that can defeat the "evil succubus" is the MC's d**k. Is his imagination so very limited that he can't imagine anything outside of his own, pathetic S&M fantasies? I really want to like this series since, for once, the MC is sharing his future info, but the author is making it very very hard.

Right, his Zapp Brannigan approach to dealing with the monsters + his continued, mindless hatred for women is too much for me. Dropping this.

9. i-eat-novels-everyday

i-eat-novels-everyday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    angel_serena likes this.
  10. i-eat-novels-everyday

i-eat-novels-everyday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    enjoy reading mtl :D

angel_serena likes this.
  11. phk

phk 『Lost Soul』『Master Of The Fine Arts』

Reading List:
    Link
    this novel couldve been great but the humor really ruined it for me and i was expecting the MC to be more cold, rather then him saying really cringey lines.

CDLevit likes this.
  12. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    am i the only one that click link to chapter 14 for more than seven times????????

13. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    There's this comparation that's used in another works (not of this writer) where ants/mosquitos/mice defeat an elephant even tought their size and abilities weren't enough.

I've had to search and see who that character was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zapp_Brannigan . I've also found the way the writer treats womans in the novel a bit strange. I also didn't like his humor, nor the 'cringey lines' as @phk well said. But, I'll wait few more chapters before I decide If i'll drop it or not.

In a way, the humor and the way womans are treated reminds me of Path to heaven and that novel about summons.

I really liked the first chapter, but, the next chapters were a bit strange to me. The writer could do more, but, he decided to 'cut' descriptions and...

Anyway, I've tought that the MC coudn't use that sword.. so, how cames that he, actually, can use it?

A legendary artifact was not an object anyone could wield, especially for the current Li Jiayu who had not undergone any strengthening. The most probable scenario would end up with him dead upon giving it a few swings from over-exhaustion! "Heck! Was it so difficult for me to get a trash weapon?! Even the strongest of weapons would be worthless at my level!"​
    He used that for more than few swings.. and his body isn't fit for 'gymnastics', nor is well rested. So, how came that he could use it? Or, maybe... with the sword was also summoned another creature, it's weilder or that sword has special characteristics?

14. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Im not sure what you mean, the only time he said something strange was when he was talking to the octopus, and that understandable becasue he is a powerful summoner who somehow ends up summoning a perverted octopus. Im sure its an afffront to his pride. Also, he is cold. I mean come on bro....he was really uncaring. He didnt try to help the students much at all. He pretty much went, "This is what going to happen. There gon be monsters showing up, so listen to me and maybe survive or freak out and die. Don't do something stupid." He just told them what was going on, exlpaining about the monsters, but not much more. Even if he never explicitly said it, he was clear that if they dont do as he said then they will probably die, that he didnt really care if they did either. He was only trying to survive, he was the only calm one, but he didn't try to reassure the students much at all, just telling them to either fight or run away, he even once took most of the danger onto himself--that time he got he axe to kills the beetles--because he understood that they would mainly just get in the way and waste time dying while he could just kill the beetles himself.

I mean he wasn't exactly cold, but he wasn't comforting either. So i am not sure what you mean. Cause remember, this aint his first time doing stuff like that. You probably expected a darker toned story that had a heavy feeling to it. But that cant be, because to the MC, all these things are just not too scary or alarming. He doesnt want to die, he probably is scared to die, but he isnt scared of those beetles or worms or whatever. If he dies, he dies, but he wont be scared of them just because they can kill the current him. It'd be like how when you start a new game after reaching the final level. You know that you got back to level one, and that there are a lot of monsters that can kill you, but you wont feel the same fright or dread or apprehension as when you first faced them.

Well first we have to ask exactly how much is a "few swings". It never said he couldn't use the sword, just that he wasn't able to use it with any normality, hence his lamentations in regards to it. So we can assume he can use it a few times at least, watch, he'll probably be weak after all this is done. Also it may be as you say. Remember that the synopsis said he can do more than his dark summonings now or something. I think this is why he is able to summon that octopus and that weapon. Because he isnt just a regular summoner anymore, his soul isn't corrupted anymore.

From that wording we can also assume that his soul had at some point become corrupted. Maybe as he became a summoner? Or something else? In any case, i think that is why these things are different now, or at least part of the reason. Cause see, the octopus isnt immune to venom/poison/whatever it said. The MC commented on this too. He was surprised when the thing got hurt because of venom. And i think that the octopus isnt immune either because it was summoned by a strange summoner like the MC, or because it was already different from normal Dark Octopi and was summoned only because the MC is a different breed or even unique sort of summoner now.

So it can be like you think, with the user of the weapon, it's summoner, being special from normal users. I dont know if thats it, though, because the MC should know about that if it were true. But that weapon, if it's usually just found as a drop from a monster or in some special places, then maybe it's different due to it being a summoned weapon, giving it some special properties that wouldn't be present if it was acquired any normal way. So im thinking that any weapon summoned, especially a rare and powerful item like that, is inherently different from normal weapons of its kind. And im only thinking it may be the case because i dont know much about how it's gotten normally. So if we assume that weapon has different properties due to being summoned, it may not be wrong. Also, it could be like how it is with my theory regarding the Dark Octopus, different only because the MC is the one doing the summoning. Though this is also assuming the weapon has such properties at all that allow its user special characterisitcs.

....im using the word assume alot. SInce i cant do anything other than that for now. Im just thinking of any reasons the MC may be able to use the weapon, why the dark octopus is not immune to poison/venom, and why the weapon may or may not have special characteristics. Whether it's just due to being summoned, or due to being summoned by the MC specifically. Ah, all this thinking hurts....

On another note, if i got a nuffie for every other word on every post i make these days, i would be a millionaire here already. I gots mad ranting skillz yo.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Norwegian Viking and CDLevit like this.
  15. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the comments&toughts that he made can be also seen as being perverted.

I tend to not read synopsis as they are spoilerish (some of them).

I agree with that.

Why do you need nuffies?

16. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    it's never about need, my dear boy, it's about want.I want to have millions, that way i can pay @Tony to tease @Parth37955 or @Nom de Plume anytime i wish. In NUF City, nuffies are that which makes the world go round. Here nothing is impossible, so long as you have enough nuffies....

17. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    can he tease Nom de plume?

Anyway, I'm curios to see if the MC can keep with him all the summons and for how long. In a way, he looks like a lich/necromancer - he needs sacrifices.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  18. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    3x a week and it's Wei of Gravity.

radikai likes this.
  19. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    well i dont think any time limit is imposed upon him. If so, it would be only when he sends them back by conceling the summon, perhaps, or he runs out of vitality, meaning he is dead. I think maybe it's a passive thing that doesnt end until he is too weak to keep it up. Not sure. But i doubt that its the case, im only saying that's how I think it would be if there was a limit to how long they can stay summoned. What i think is more likely is that he can only have a certain number of summons at any one time. Like maybe three, or five, at the same time, but have to switch out the summoned creature for another if he wants something different.

We'll have to wait and see, i suppose, cause i cant read that shitty-quality mtl shit, bastards are cancerous to my eyes.

20. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that he can keep his summons for an undefinite period of time. Also, I think that every summon is an individuality -> if the summon dies, then it remains died. But, that will make him too op. He already has rare summons... and, if he continues to 'summon' them, then, in a short time he'll have an army at his disposition.

I... dislike those two tags - 'harem'&'chinese' if they are grouped together.. at it looks like they are.