Recommendations Apocalyptic Yaoi novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Jun 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't usually read yaoi novels which is why I'm asking for expert opinions. From my understanding of the few yaoi novels I've seen, they usually have good writing quality and character development.

Basically I'm looking for either a novel with good writing where I can picture the appearance of characters, basically where there are descriptions, little grammar problems and it doesn't give a simplistic amateurish feel with no writing flow whatesover, so yea that an some character development, the characters don't have to be overly individualistic because that means it focuses on a small cast of less than 20 characters with passerby like Lord of Mysteries. So yea, good writing quality (like Reverend Insantity) and good character development (not necessarily a focus).

The main points in addition to those two is an apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic novel with guns and scifi elements as well as genetic powers or cultivation in the futuristic setting. May or may not have mecha elements. Oh i'd appreciate it if relationships weren't the focus throughout and instead focuses on action and worldbuilding, some occasional human conflict too.

So yea, any novel close to that, I don't want to be too picky but I might as well describe what I'm looking for so I can get the closest substitute or if I'm lucky maybe even one or a few matches.

2. EUGEO SYNTHESIS

EUGEO SYNTHESIS Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well actually there are lots of BL novels with apocalyptic genres, but most of them are more about slice of life which tells how they survive (such as finding a base, making a group to grow crops) and of course the romance they have will also be strong.

So yes I'm sure that's not what you're looking for, so I can only recommend this one to you https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-earth-is-online/

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  3. LIght Novel San

LIght Novel San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, your criterion hardly fits any novel that I've read. However, I do know some but it isn't yaoi like Dominion's End, Omniscient Reader's POV, I'm not really the demon lord, I'm not demon lord's lackey.

For yaoi, i guess I can recommend the invasion day, thrive in apocalypse, back to apocalypse, the reborn otaku's code of practice for the apocalypse, Counterattack of a White Lotus that was Reborn into an Apocalypse... Can't remember the others.

Still, if you're looking for Yaoi that isn't focus on the relations and more on world building, you should just search thru the series finder by tagging.

Oh, there are also those Yaoi of QTs, ya shall try them.

Hope I helped.

4. Calien

Calien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend https://www.novelupdates.com/series/little-mushroom/
    It’s really well written and it’s completely translated.

Don’t look at the description, because of it I didn’t start reading this novel sooner and thought that I would not like it. It’s not a simple novel, like the description would suggest.

Of course it has an apocalyptic setting, but it’s Not a superficial one where you see only the “good” things. This novel explores more the human nature(not exaggeratedly much so it will not be boring trust me).

You should give it a chance and see if you like it

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  5. EUGEO SYNTHESIS

EUGEO SYNTHESIS Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, this one is one of the best stories in its genre. and is one of the most deceptive stories because the description really doesn't match the content.

Well I will also add this as a recommendation for TS (in a previous comment I recommended Earth is Online).

Btw I think everyone agrees that Earth is Online and Little Mushrooms are the best stories when it comes to the apocalyptic genre in BL

babybb and TaffyGirl13 like this.