Apparently, novelupdates is an alt-right forum

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nyarlathotep, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    wellp, be carefull of such bait. most of the time, such article are being created to generate views. such article are intentionally created to/by inciting or attacking people with believe that is different than their own, playing victim, and accusing them as the extremeties that cant get along with their believe.

also, does one thread could represent the believe of the user on this thread? just because the "evidence" are easily captured, doesnt mean that it would represent the whole populace. most of the time, the most vocal people are the one who have extreme believe, who tries to incite other believe, and ofc couldnt be used as the standard to determine the general believe of the populace.

its like saying "Because Bush attacks and ostracize the Middle Eastern would means that all American hates All Middle Eastern"
    1 sample of 1 incident wont represent the views of general populace.
    just sayin.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    @OceanMagix @Pau

Liberal / Left:
    Everyone should be equal and free, society should work towards making everyone have equal power and influence. Get rid of hierarchies that make some people more powerful than others.
    Conservative / Right: Some hierarchies are natural and important for social structure. Different levels of hard work / ability should have different levels of rewards / power. Be careful of changing the current system in case you make it worse.
    Authoritarian: The government is responsible for taking action to fix society. Trust and obey the government / leaders.
    Libertarian: F*** government, each individual has the right to do what they want. Don't interfere in my life and I won't interfere in yours.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically its a conspiracy by qidian to lower to traffic on NU

4. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Are they idiots? NUF is an international forum. Even non-U.S citizens can't stand U.S. nonsense forcibly shoved down their throats.

PortalManipulation34 likes this.
  5. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    At least it's not a CTRL-forum

AMissingLinguist, Wujigege and Ddraig like this.
  6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh what's this nonsense?

Finalbeta likes this.
  7. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    I am more about spreading chaos so I am neither

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    It's no secret.
    Found Trumpists and this place is filled with conspiracy theorists.
    I better report the thread so I am the last post
    :blobspy:

PortalManipulation34 likes this.
  9. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Journalists don't know what the Alt-Right is and don't care. If you talk about ideals that these people don't like, even if you're center left or closer to moderate left, they will still call you Alt-Right.

10. Serra

Serra 『plumie's grandson~』

Reading List:
    Link
    MODS ARE ASLEEP
    inb4 thread gets closed

11. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Just enjoying my popcorn from behind the screen.

AMissingLinguist and Kuro_0ni like this.
  12. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    So does this mean there are control codes for the forum?
    Alt + Insert + Shift + Right + Down
    or
    Ctrl + Home + F + Up + Alt + Tab

Did you crack the forum code? {Kinda like the Da Vinci code}

AMissingLinguist and Wujigege like this.
  13. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    The alt-left has been polluted by people with false ideals like equality for all but right now people are arguing if the earth is really round.

The alt-right is group of people that have conservative beliefs but its polluted by people that believe that one race is better than another or etc..

The neutral is the people that used to not vote because they felt like they could do better things in life like buying a cheap couch at costco or learning Spanish from Rosetta stone but now the place they live is polluted by plastic bags killing animals, chemical spills in water supplies, deforestation, and the polar caps melting.

14. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    That was entertaining. I hope to find more funny threads about what NUF is like to other people. :blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

LaDyViL likes this.
  15. Jaikteis

Jaikteis 【Box-Lunch Connoisseur】

Reading List:
    Link
    That definition of 'liberal' goes more with how the original term was applied before it was appropriated by what is now the 'left' (which is a multi-generational development with changing how the term is applied now compared to in the past even if some claim its all the same.). Both 'left' and 'right' claim to support an ''equal and free" system but as things go along with each generation they both are just becoming incrementally the same (and that 'same' aspect to each may not necessarily equate to a truly equal and free result despite the best of intentions), but each side just has their bias towards the 'left' and 'right' and in many cases individuals profess to be of the 'left' or the 'right' but their actions may support being properly labeled the opposite but they officially claim otherwise for some voter/election advantage for their voter base.

As far as alt-left or -right, those are obviously extremes where history shows how destructive such influences are and how in many cases when such influences are left unchecked they become a large enough issue for perhaps a large portion of the world's nations to act. But before they act, those extremes tend to hide behind the more moderate elements and corrupt things from the inside out if left unchecked.

Anyways, I'm no reputed expert but I can say with confidence that things are at least not as good as they could be and not as bad as they likely will eventually get before enough people decide to do something more about it besides hashtag about it all.
    Now, if they want to be constructive, they should put their efforts into making amusing political memes to entertain me with... :p or whatever else I find on the internet to waste time with...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018