Discussion Arc-Exclusive Characters

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Alyuna, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel almost opposite - there's a lot more examples of authors dragging characters along through the story past the time they were no longer relevant to be cheerleaders or harem members. Then they just get re-used as damsels in distress (including the male followers) to be saved again whenever the author needs it to happen. I don't mind if a side character gets a lot of development and decides not to follow the main character as long as there's a good reason.

Though I stopped reading sports/martial arts manga because they'd always put a lot of time into building up characters who'd end up losing in one frame or less to show how strong some new guy is and then never show up again.

2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind them. In real life there are arc-exclusive characters, you know? Like, the people who were important to my daily life in high school/college/work place were never seen (by me) ever again. My first boyfriend moved to a different country one year after we met and I never saw him again after that. He's dead now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.