Are dreams an escape???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zissel, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever dreamt of the deceased??? How'd you react to it???

It's known that dreams occur to demonstrate to us our hidden wishes and desires. They might also occur as random signs from our brain that it wants us to interpret. However, people wish to deny that and wish to interpret the dreams as something more.
    However, in my religion, dreams are like a message or a sign we receive in our sleep.
    After the death of my maternal grandfather, my mum became a bit sensitive on matters regarding him. She didn't allow me to cry and she herself didn't either. On top of that, that was the first time I ever faced the death of a closed one.
    Possibly as an outlet to that, I started to dream of my grandfather while he was still alive. And also the death of my grandmother who, in reality, still alive. While I wanted to take it as any other regular dream, but a part of me kept on holding on to them. It was a delicate time and I didn't dare mention my grandfather to my mum. It was causing imbalance in myself too.
    Now that I don't dream of my grandfather anymore, I'm left with a sense of longing and emptiness. While my mother who interpreted the dreams she had as something more meaningful has been able to move on.

So what exactly is the correct choice??? And how can one decide if dreams mean something, a sign or just an reflection of their minds??? How should one deal with dreams that effect one's life dramatically???

2. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Enjoy them as they are and remember them. That is sufficient. It's an experience and it ends at that. No need to search for the reality in them, but at the same time, there's no need to completely invalidate dreams too. As long as you don't sink too deep and forget about what is real and matters more.

Zissel likes this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    dream on sleep?
    general accept theory it replay memory mixing with various stuff~ still it is fact some weird thing such as prophecy dream which nah not much interest cuz too rare and too bothersome for proper research~

there scratching psychology? err hoe the mind work, it also with neurolgy which too advance for this dumb cat~

Zissel likes this.
  4. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh....:hmm::hmm::hmm: Many people close to me has died but tbh I haven't dreamt about them that much.....
    And even if I did, those were not exactly a pleasurable experience....:blobneutral::blobneutral::blobneutral:
    So I like to think of them as what they truly are.......a dream....

Zissel likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think of dreams just as a reflection of some things that have been going on on my head when I went to sleep. I don't give them too much thought, really~

Zissel likes this.
  6. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think anyone close to me has died... so I don't know if I'd dream of them or not >.<