Discussion Are Ley Lines magnetic or electromagnetic fields?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, May 25, 2020.

?

Type of force field?

1. Magnetic type

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Electromagnetic type

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Both types

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea which is which. Mind is currently fried from excess heat and lack of sleep including stiff joints. Still not stopping myself from researching the famous lines (ley, dragon, dream, song; breath, vein, pulse) commonly seen in fiction; and to my surprise, have actually substance to their foundation as lines with histories or meaning. As for their occultist properties, there is obscure evidence to prove there maybe indeed something supernatural at work, but we live in a world of science. Forget that, I just want to know if these lines' force fields are magnetic or electromagnetic. If you wondering why, it's because Einstein's theory on space-time distortions work on electromagnetic force fields. As for whether I can cross reference astrological signs with these imaginary lines on Earth, that's another whole different level for me right now. Perhaps in the near or distant future, I may attempt to see if they're connected or not in some way hidden to us.

2. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think so. The branching nature of ley lines and their impermanence suggests they are something alive rather than merely reactionary.

3. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leylines are magnetic. electro-magnetic are the magnetic lines around the Earth. Leylines are the points underground. said to be very powerful magic-wise. not sure if i believe, some incredible shit has happened. believe or not. your choice.

4. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be lines formed cause of magnetic material reacting to earhs magnetic field. So they move around with it, but at a slower pace

5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're ascribing scientific principles to a religious or at least quasi-religious belief, they are neither. Ley lines were thought to be "mythtical energy" connecting ancient sites, whose only notable value ironically was being "ancient", so people simply asscribed to them "power of the ancients", something similar to our current belief that "natural is better", but in their day, it was "ancient is better". So people started drawing lines between archological sites, called them leylines and said they had "magical energy". Regardless of if the site was a temple or an outhouse.

So Magnetic or electromagnetic? Neither. It's "Faith energy". It only came about through people's beliefs.

6. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leslines do exist in reality but what type of energy they could be classified as I don’t know.

7. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Ley lines are simply the network our cat masters use to manage the earth.

Nightow1, asriu, Westeller and 4 others like this.
  8. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

If you talk about ley lines, make it only fictional, science has nothing to do with it.:cookie:

9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ley lines form the area where my highest dps bursts originate.

There are cases where unauthorized personnel try to cozy up in them too, but that is highly inappropriate.

This is because aoes targeting such miscreants may force the true owner of ley lines, i.e. me, to move.

And as we all know, movement is bad for black mages, since it lowers dps.

Westeller likes this.
  11. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    This actually makes sense. The stone hedge, pyramids, etc all have cats lurking somewhere... are the pyramids on lay lines? I know they were/are into cats ...

12. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe its a fantastic field XD

13. 8MTB

8MTB Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For starters question is moot. A magnetic field is a type of electromagnetic field, so choosing that chooses both.

For the purposes of this topic, I think you mean electric field vs magnetic field as the two are different types of EMF.

Ley lines are geographic alignments of sites and/or structures.

As to them corresponding to the certain magnetic or electric fields, it's bound to happen given all the ways we can connect these places together.

14. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do our dog masters use?

15. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows, don't know many people who would call a slave's slave their masters.

[​IMG]

Nightow1 and asriu like this.