Recommendations Are there any novels that use the Kardashev scale?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by AIm21, May 20, 2018.

1. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So for my research, I want to read a novel that use the Kardashev Scale as the basis to how advance Earthling has gotten or an alien race is in their story. But if any of you are wondering what the Kardashev Scale is-Wiki puts it as,

"The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement, based on the amount of energy a civilization is able to use for communication, proposed by Russian astrophysicist Nikolai Kardashev."

Also don't post novels that involve that have advance alien civilization in their story, but still use a method of cultivation or have a RPG system that allow the protagonist to rise up to these advance alien races civilization individually.

What I am looking for is purely a novels that either show how advance a civilization can be using the Kardashev Scale or Earth gaining some alien technology that allow them to start approaching type 1 civilization in the story and go beyond. The protagonist can just be the observer or act as an ambassador that made the alien race want to share their technology with earth either because the protagonist got a intergalactic Overlord daughter to fall in love with him(not Rito) or some intergalactic Overlord need Earth to help them fight against another intergalactic Overlord.

So are there any novels that use the Kardashev Scale?

Edit: Don't put any Sovereign of something or Something Sovereign Novel like Sovereign of Judgement or Dimensional Sovereign.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ringworld.

Robert Forward's novels may have a story based on dyson spheres, I'm more familiar with the dragonfly novels.

Greg Benford's stories postulates advanced mechanical civilizations, even a race that feeds on ideas.

3. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit... Do I have to buy this novel?

4. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
  5. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it and that does use a cultivation like system.

6. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Mansion in the Apocalypse references this, but the story never actually surpasses Type I civilization. It's just too difficult for anyone to advance a civilization from modern time to a Type I. Even if they've explored their own solar system.

7. Ol bugga

Ol bugga Carved of stone

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh.... i can only recommend you search non-asian novels/books since those are unlikely to have your search option

8. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    There are free ePub download sites...also, many public libraries have Ebook lending systems.

Project Gutenberg may help, though it is for older books.