Are there other objects like the World Tree that are somethimes despicted as gods or godly/holy?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GabilFD, Sep 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been reading a novel about a girl who is transmigated as the new world tree of another world and in this world the world tree is also the goddess of life and nature also the mother goddess of the elfs. So i've been wondering are there any other objects/structures that can represent higher beings like gods or demons.

2. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    Divine items (or something similar), temples, statues. Also seen stars and asteroids?

3. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know but as long as the thing you're thinking of is incapable of directly interanct with the world and it can be seen from far away i guess it's ok. i want to write a novel so i was asking around

4. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like a sacred mountain/river, a mysterious obelisk/black pillar, or even a constellation/star?

The 1st thing that comes to my mind in real life is Ayers Rock (or whatever is the correct spelling) in Australia.

In fiction? The World Tree is so overused that I can't think of anything else

5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Shrines? Halos? Statues and prayer beads and stuff~

me

6. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    No, me

OechineunAlex, Gin_Hindew and Lissi like this.
  7. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gaia, akshually, elementals fit nicely, as embodiments of natural forces
    Ancestors and First Whatevers

8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... anything that is awe inspiring enough can end up being worshiped by man. Japan has their Mount Fuji, then the obvious one would be Gaia, the planet itself as a god. You can even have a "universal consciousness" as a god where all souls in the universe join up to become all knowing. Phantasy Star Online had an "ocean of souls", a sea that can think and is pretty godlike. UFO Aftermath has an alien "fungus" that could grow into a supercomputer. Lots of possibilities really.

aShinyVaporeon and GabilFD like this.
  9. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess i'm more to a mountain bc i want to write a novel and MC god and he will have a limited area of influence in the begining, if anything i would go for a really large and deep lake(i like to picture a army of fishman or monsters emerging from it), but after reading you guy's replies i'm thinking of making a large lake with a big mountain in the midle of it and i can make a plot twist that the mountain was actually a star that represented a god that was wounded and fell on the planet, he died bleeding and the lake is his blood but after many years his remains bacame another god and this is the MC. no reincarnation on this one

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    Baldingere and Gadget like this.
  10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

11. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you mean

what does "post in" even mean

12. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    A huge af river

13. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't like the idea of a river for a object of worship so i settled down with a large lake with a mountain in the middle

14. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Its kinda offputting. You cant call it a mountain if its small enough to be in a lake and its not a lake if a huge ass mountain can occupy it. What i mean is, it doesnt look like a lake if a huge ass mountain is inside. It will look like a huge river flowing around the mountain rather than a lake.

Rather have a lake inside a mountain or something.

If you want some real life thing just check out Mount Pinatubo in the philippines. It has a lake inside the mouth of the volcano with an island-like volcanoes inside the lake.

15. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    With the mountain being a "fallen star", the lake around is made of water filling the crater, while the mountain is the half buried "star" in the middle of the crater

16. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    Animals could be one of them. Ancient Egypt back then worship a lot of animals and the gods/goddesses tend to have heads or masks that are like the animals the people worshipped. (Examples: dung beetle was associated with their sun god, Ra. Bastet, goddess of protection, has a cat head with a slender female body.)

17. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Burning Bush

Gadget likes this.
  18. GabilFD

GabilFD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it will not be a huge ass mountain but it will be pretty big. and about the size of th lake i was thinking like the one in the OVA of Slime datta Ken where it is so big it looks like a beach just a little reduced something like a 2km radius from the center of the pond an the "mountain" about 200~300m radius (i'm assuming the mountain is in the exact middle of the lake)

actually i thought of that and the water will be the blood of the fallen god(star) it could be used as a resource to the MC to make minions and make himself bigger. like i can make that the water is really rich in mana and the MC can't make mana yet as a new god so he consumes the water to make minions and i can also make that the minions are dwarks or golems and they sprout MC's body so he has to make himself bigger to produce more minions. as the story goes on MC uses all the water but also becomes independent of it and he is at that point a huge mountain and in the future he becomes a mountain range level thing producind miliond upon milions of golems and elementals of all sizes

Ok it's getting late for me so i'm not gonna be responding bc i'm going to sleep ciao

19. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A floating castle roaming around the world's sky seen from time to time but when the inhabitants finally have the capability to fly towards it, the majestic buildings and silhouette they've been seeing from afar are nothing but ruins.

20. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is tree considered a structure?

But I can't seem to think of any other .. maybe that other tree for phoenixes I forgot the name.