Discussion Are you a lazy person?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shorng, May 5, 2021.

1. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    For anyone going through mental issues and but can’t get therapy for whatever reason, here’s a channel that can help you understand some of it
    https://youtube.com/c/HealthyGamerGG

This one might relate to you, I suggest going through his videos when you have time even if they are long.

The man in the video is gone unfortunately, so it is up to you if want to watch this

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    imK and Shorng like this.
  2. Allpointswest

Allpointswest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have ADHD so procrastination happens much of the time. I can't call it laziness. It's more decision paralysis over starting complicated projects and tasks. So I ignore it while at the same time worrying about the fact I'm not getting work done. It's a vicious cycle.

AliceShiki, imK and Shorng like this.
  3. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    My family, they never gonna understand me. Because everyday, they says I’m crazy for just using precious time in my phone always playing games on my phone like a kid. And What they concern about is if I am having boyfriends online. For my own good, they ask me to understand them, how hard they work for money, what I have today is like their sweat of blood from scratch until we have a car to drive like now. I’m blessed that I’m born to just eat and sleep and they didn’t have to work like some poor kids out there who can’t even eat a full meal. Everyday the same things being said, they want me to understand them but I don’t think they ever try to understand me, so why am I being asked this questions? I think I’m being a bitch to my parents who work hard but I don’t want money, it doesn’t make me happy. They want me to do business like them, want me to inherit their business, even if I don’t like their business I still should do some other business because I will get rich in the future. I want to study and not do business and they let me study accounting because this subject can let me work in bank or do business in the future. Then I felt like I want to work in bank and that my high school friend also study this with me so I accepted it and study this subject even tho I love computer science more. But they still nag me everyday to help with their business! I feel tired of it, I just want to play games it make me feel like some achievement I got. But everytime I would play without thinking about doing work or study. They shout at me, that I should look at myself my face so ugly because of pimple why am I not showering like other kids. Everytime we have a trip they would call their business partner to go with us then I would get compared with those people no matter young or older than me. I want to go to my friend house to play with them before but my mom always think I go to play with my boyfriend and that my friends has boyfriend so they are bad friends. EVENTHOUGH I NEVER HAVE EVEN ONE BOYFRIEND! I have such an ugly face why would they even think about me having one, I don’t fucking understand. It’s so annoying.

They even engaged me with a man doing business with them before but everytime he and I go have a date, I don’t feel his love toward me. At first I shouldn’t have accept him but my parents says I’m such a lazy person and not that beautiful, I shouldn’t pass a good man like him. I felt reluctant so I said I will accept it but not the marriage yet. Then we often went on a date and it last 1 year. At last I said no I don’t like him nor do I feel like he like me at all even though he was the one who said he love me first. His family is farmers and he work as a seller the company, he feel inferior about it and talk bad behind our back. I hate it. I told my mom and she said I’m just dense, not knowing what’s love because she saw him look at me with such loving eyes. Then we continue with the preparation of our marriage. Even though I’m just 19. But then maybe a month before that my mom let him take our car to fix for use on the marriage day. And she want him to be closer with me so she told him to help teach me drive. But then he took the car to go to his hometown without telling my mom. And when came back my mom said I should msg him to take me to learn driving, but he said the car still need fixing. A few days later it was my birthday so he asked me to go on a trip with his friends. I felt furious at the time so I told him no and said he should return the car to my house so my dad can teach me how to drive. On the day he return the car was scratch in the front when he drive into our house. He didn’t tell my mom so my mom got angry and broke our engagement. But the final result she went around telling her business partner that I don’t love him so we didn’t get married. Until now, she still said I wasted her money so I should be more active and help her with the BUSINESS! I hate the business! Even when we were engaged that man also remind me to help my mom with business. I really hate it I don’t like doing it so why the fuck they only think about it and always tell me to do it! For the future? For getting rich because working get me nowhere near the “rich”? I don’t wanna get rich. I don’t feel like I want money. I’m not hungry for money. I know I have today and have food to eat because of money they work so hard for. I know, but I can’t understand why money worth more than me? I really hate this house and this life I just wish next life I won’t meet them again.

I’m sorry for the ranting :( because today I have an argument with my mom again... so... sorry. I don’t know what I’m trying to say anymore.

Nana24, kkgoh, aintg and 1 other person like this.
  4. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    You're redeemable:blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin: cuz you have friends and don't want to be alone (I love to be alone and I always feel irritated whenever someone suggest me to make friends)... So don't stay alone and use internet all the times, try to go outside and interact with your rl friends(well just to pass time don't take them seriously)... don't overthink and try to talk to someone about your problems cuz it helps......
    Well you say your parents have some problems... Well many people's does mine too... Well they were not that much but I've made a mountain out of a mole heel...
    Well don't be down because of that..
    Well you say you can't see a future??? Well you don't need to (I think) just make a goal.....to stay alive and get a good job to continue living after you've achieved that well you can think about this then....
    Tho... My advices are... Crappy right??

Let me give you a dumb advise.... Just leave them... If you're capable to..... I think if you live with them nothing's gonna change.... After all you live on their money and if they truly want to force you to do something you won't be able to resist....
    And hey don't talk bout sh!t like next life..... Who knows if that thing even exist...

5. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Meaningless.

6. God slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    Wdym ???

Shorng likes this.
  7. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t see your meaning. I might as well just kill myself after they go to heaven or maybe kill myself before then. They said my personality like this when I marry and have a husband my husband will beat me. Only they can tolerant me, no others can do the same. So I don’t see the meaning me life at all right now. Even if I have money to move out that would leave me lonely because my friends won’t contact me anymore. They’re not the type to help when I need help. Useless. Meaningless. My parents didn’t want me to begin with. Just a mistake. I’m the reason they argue everytime. I feel jealous with my younger bros because they get to do whatever they want while I can only listen to my parents.

8. God slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a woman so I don't know what you're going through.... But well actually if your friends are ass**le as you say just don't care bout them... Learn to live alone if you can't find friends there's many things to do other than having friends in life... And why should you care that much about your parents and what do they think about you??? Learn to ignore(tho that's hard), stay at someplace far from them if the situation is really bad.....
    Meaningless and uselessness.......... I'm pretty sure you're thinking what I'm saying is meaningless eh...... Well if you view what I'm or others are saying as such, your situation will not improve...

9. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know... I just want people to accept me just the way I am. Maybe because I’m such a lazy person but I don’t want to hear criticism or complain about my personality. It’s truly make me tired of this world. I know I think like this is wrong but I don’t know anymore, I just don’t feel the need to improve myself. I finally accept myself as having depression but can’t other also do the same. Just... it’s hard to tell in words. I don’t know...?

10. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I'm basically super-productive now so I can retire young and spend the rest of my time doing a whole lot of nothing.

11. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I was here, leave my mark. :cookie:

12. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries, it's ok to rant occasionally.

Sorry to hear about your family situation.
    I don't have much insight into your family, nor can I say that I understand your local culture. There really isn't much we can do here other than encourage you to seek help the right way.

Just make sure you protect yourself. If your family doesn't appear reliable enough to assist, then look for a school counselor or someone in a professional setting. Or as others in this thread have suggested, have a close friend that can support you.
    Your teacher may not necessarily be the best resource since he may not be trained for these circumstances. And as you pointed out, he's a man, which may make you uncomfortable.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    imK likes this.
  13. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm super lazy and I feel bad about it, but I still remain lazy :blobReach:

Shorng likes this.
  14. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww:blobjoy: you’re cute :blobsmilehappy:that made my day

Shizukani likes this.
  15. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link

Shorng likes this.
  16. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha :blobxd: :blobuwu:

Shizukani likes this.
  17. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's an interesting article that was recently written on NYTimes.

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2021/05/04/languishing-pandemic-mental-health

Psychologist Adam Grant’s latest op-ed for The New York Times details the experience many are feeling during the pandemic — showing up for life, but living without purpose and aim.
    Grant draws on the work of Emory University sociologist Corey Keyes, who coined the feeling as "languishing."

Languishing is not depression or sadness, but rather “the absence of feeling good about your life,” Keyes says. Languishing is also the lack of meaning, purpose or belonging in life, which leads to emptiness, lack of emotion and stagnation, he says.

Depression, on the other hand, is a clinical disorder. Interest in life disappears and sadness is felt acutely, he explains. There are also clear signs of depression such as sleeping too much or too little and expressing hopelessness or suicidal thoughts.

“Languishing is neither feeling good nor sad,” he says. “It's feeling really nothing.”

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    imK likes this.
  18. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am quite lazy, but because I'm a human, I've adapted to it. I can basically tell when I'll need to do something, BEFORE I am told to do it. So, I usually start up somethng but then leave......

19. Jeiyiii

Jeiyiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really

But... After that phase "Depression"
    You need to know your dream/ passion in life and do something about it, it might be your "Future"
    You'll be happy
    Trust me I used to be the lazy girl, not caring about School but got high grades and got work
    But didn't felt happiness
    After years found "Dream" and studied again related to it
    My problem is also about my family but my School/ Studies help me to forgot about it, I'm happy

20. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I'm older now, but still feel the same way. Life is purposeless unless you're rich or a genius (or at least ambitious and dedicated to make up for the lack of genius) and can contribute to society. I guess you could contribute a child, as a future taxpayer for the country, but that's so banal. I've found that following Epicureanism suits me best. Life is meaningless anyway, so might as well enjoy what you can while you can. Unfortunately, you still gotta make money to live. So, you'll have to find a way to prioritize. Maybe 5% study/work and 95% lazy time.