Discussion Are you living on autopilot?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoopyDoopy, Jan 13, 2019.

1. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am quite certain that at least 99% of nuffians, me included, are living without any relevant objectives in life. And thinking about it I got curious about different opinions and reasonings.

So, how do you feel about living on autopilot?

My thoughts are that I am currently too lazy to care about existential problems yet, so I've been happily living like this.

2. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Why set goals when practically everything gets sabotaged? Either by myself or others. LoL I've given up xD

3. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, I'm at a point in my life where I have to think about my future

Cite and PoopyDoopy like this.
  4. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    i noticed about the autopilot while returning from school while i was about 13-14 years old...since i noticed i arrived at home witout any recollection whatsoever about how i managed to do just that...

after that i tried to test how far i could enable autopilot and what where the triggers...

My founding was that i could enable about 30-40 mins of autopilot and it could work on any travel whatsoever...

even while driving..........wich is scary in his own....

since then i didn't used as often though, but i don't mind the autopilot for the menial work~~~

5. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    When you live on autopilot, it means that your mind ceaselessly wanders between past and future, and then you realize that you don't remember the process of doing some mundane task at all. As if it wasn't you who lived through that time and vacuumed the carpet...

Live in present even if life gets repetituous ;)

6. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im trying to not get into sutopilot..... im currently jobless and still searching.... wish someone with power would remove the corrupt so the country can prosper.

7. Deleted member 79325

Deleted member 79325 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell yes. Until something comes along to interest me and pique my interest. :blobspy:

8. Johgral

Johgral Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not living in autopilot would be to be conscientious of yourself and of this consciousness. Thing that is impossible in long terme.
    as for no goal or objectif well live better, having more (materialy speaking), knowing more, working on myself, doing new things, learning.
    and it's so even if you don't realize this.

PoopyDoopy likes this.
  9. Dragon Devourer

Dragon Devourer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't been able to do that since I was a high-schooler sadly. I enjoyed the sort of zen emptiness of it, I could make the full hour long walk home while nearly asleep. But now something in my brain changed, and I Never. Stop. Thinking. It's all I can do to barely manage to get my thoughts to slow enough to sleep, and sometimes I can't even do that until exhaustion forces me to. So no, some jerk disabled my autopilot. I have goals even though I know I can never reach them, which gives another thing for my rushing river of thoughts to swirl and eddy around like a cacophony of silent inner screams.

10. PoopyDoopy

Reading List:
    Link
    May the Force of NUF be with you

11. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt have an objective until months ago man life sure can change when you set an objective

Deleted member 79325 likes this.
  12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Screw autopilot, I straight up did the opposite on what instructions in life stated to me.

PoopyDoopy likes this.
  13. rwnrmdn

rwnrmdn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    <25 i live my life as i want, when i want...
    >25 it is pretty much auto pilot...but the thing is im content with that...some time i turn off the auto pilot, especially in home when with my family, cant do auto pilot there...it is all by demand...

14. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    While people have time for something like this, i'm currently trying to not get in debt, a drop out college student, unfufilled dreams and panicking to the unending horror for the future.

I wish i had lived like a fat, NEET people like you guys who have time for something like this instead of debtors trying to cut off my organs and throw me into some kind of illegal fight arena to fight for the death...

Well, just ranting how bad my life is but carry on being so passive...

15. PoopyDoopy

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I want to live like that too. Life ain't being easy on anyone, that I ended being used to it doesn't mean I stopped being harased a single moment by this fucking world.

16. PoopyDoopy

Reading List:
    Link
    Overthinking for me is a trait that defines my existence. I wouldn't be me if the voices inside my head were to go off, fortunately I don't have problems with sleeping yet. Pills are a good way to have a week or two of good rest, while those weeks will surely do you wonders I won't recomment relying on them too much. I hope you the best.