Discussion Are you territorial?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, May 16, 2021.

?

Are your utensils from the same set?

1. Yup, so satisfying when setting the table

31.8%
  2. Nope, can't even find a proper pair

45.5%
  3. Yet again another chopstick discrimination...

22.7%
  4. others (I don't even know why you could comment but hit me with your best shot)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say I'm not aggressive to people invading my space but I do feel hella uncomfortable seeing said people move things away from where I "designated" them in my mind. Place is clean too and if there is a messy area, I still have an idea which stuff are in that messy area yet if other people clean up that mess I feel at lost, wondering where all the stuff went. :blobsob:

*is still looking for the general use scissor, definitely reluctant to use my own scissors*
    dios mio, scissor, where did they put you :blobupset:

oh and even after posting this, I'm still constantly rearranging everything to how they were used to be before the kids came to visit and stay. Now, that they're gone, my heart feel at peace that I could finally get things back to their designated area... even though it's already night... and it's time to sleep in a little while... save me...

God slayer, Havisu, Ahodesuga and 9 others like this.
  2. Aki Aki

Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki ⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I am territorial too but I keep my things neater so there's usually no excuse to move things around. But if my things aren't in the place where I left them I definitely don't like it.

3. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Territorial but only when I'm in my depressive episodes and/or in a bad mood. Most of the time it's fine as I am kinda accustomed to have someone clean up my room for me.

4. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm territorial about the whole house... unless it's others' rooms. And when the kids visit the house, they have their maid with them and thus house chores are taken over by them... I feel weird actually because I want to help them with the house chores(my ulterior motive: so that I could arrange things as I want) but they kept saying no and it's also weird like I'm not letting them do their job. In the end, I just wait for them to return to their home before I get the house back to how I want it...

5. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to say no, but then I realize I have a favorite sofa seat and if any guest comes and sits on my seat I internally get angry.

Also about the poll, my answer is both a yes and a no. I don't have everything from one set, but a mix of stuff from different sets that are the perfect size and weight and shape for me and I can't eat without those particular ones. It's like a custom set really.

6. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I have a favorite sofa seat as well haha. But I'm fine with lending it to other people since they don't stay for too long. I'm more frustrated lending a bed (even if it was a big bed) or a room. I'm not really used to people(even if family) sleeping beside me, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and sleep on the sofa instead.

7. Manic Josei

Manic Josei 《Josei in a Shoujo's Clothing》

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm territorial with my own things. I would gladly lend people my things if they ask permission, and I would get angry if they took it without asking permission. o_O

8. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Im territorial when it comes to my hardcover books and clothes. It’s comforting to see my book series on my bookshelf and I hate it when people take stuff without asking. As to my clothes. I know it’s unhygienic, but I have level of dirtiest. I mean I don’t like wearing clothes. With that being said I have a tank top and shorts by my front entrance. Just in case there’s a delivery and I need to wear something quick. But I take it off right after and place them right back. I mean I wore them, but their not in my definition dirty. But than again... I’ve use them several times and I will wash them at some point, but for now their there. I mentioned my clothes because I hate it when family comes over and someone moves my stuff. It’s irritating. So I feel your pain

9. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Territorial all the time, but it's only limited to my room~ So I just lock the door and keep people out, problem solved! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

10. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    YES
    VERY

:blobpeek::blobpeek::blobspearpeek:

God slayer likes this.
  11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this cat is barbarian invader who plunder, ravage, rack up the whole continent spreading fear across the land~
    territory? just invade!

nah nothing~

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. bvngtn

bvngtn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but only with one thing and it's... a bit weird. I'm very territorial with my pillow :notlikeblob::notlikeblob: for some reason the idea of anyone else using the pillow I sleep on is something I reject very much. If you gave me a truckload of pillows, I'd pick out just one pillow for me to sleep on and then never let anyone else touch it - you could do whatever you wanted with all the other pillows. I only care about the pillow that I put my head on to sleep. Ever since I was nine I haven't let anyone lie on the same pillow I sleep on. I don't even like it when someone touches it. And whenever we temporarily go to other places, like my grandma's house or something, I always have to find that one pillow that's mine and mine alone for that duration of time. I even do it during one day stays at hotels...:blobflag:

AliceShiki and Bad Storm like this.
  13. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to be, I think? I've been learning to be less sentimental over the years. Maybe I have some utensils and stuff I'm partial with. I'll just feel a little twitch when someone else use them but not too bad.
    My mother does with her kitchen though, and when she gets upset I'll feel it as well. It's things like which cups and plates go where and which pan to use when making certain things. And she almost could always find various faults with the wares that other people wash, so she asks me to always be in charge of washing or redoes it herself after the guests are gone
    But this is definitely it, I've been sleeping on the sofa these few days and let them take over my bed than sleep with them.
    When they come over it's the crowd that I don't like. It's so stuffy, I need go to a secluded corner from time to time

Bad Storm likes this.
  14. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I am kinda territorial. I don’t mind if people touch my things if they ask permission before touching . I don’t like it when people touch my things without permission. I dislike people coming over since they usually touch things without permission then put it somewhere else .

15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate when people steal my seat at the dinner table.

... Aside from that, I don't care much I guess?

Oh, and I hate when people desorganize my books. I don't mind them picking them up or whatever, but put it back in the right bookshelf... And put it in order for heaven's sake, if there are 10 volumes for a given series, they must be put back in order... And you absolutely are not allowed to put another book in-between two books of the same series.

Like, geez, just keep my books in order and in the appropriate bookshelf, please. I don't want Crime and Punishment in my LN bookshelf... >.>

16. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    How is one pillow enough? :blobfrowning:
    I sleep with a mountain of pillows haha
    My little niecea bit is like that. She cries when her older brother sits anywhere else other than on her right side. The catch is my nephew likes to sit with me and my brother (we usually sit on the opposite side of the table). The usual ending would be my niece would cry and my nephew will move back to his chair(with silent tears in his eyes). Aiyaa, it's hard to be the older sibling.

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaaaawn, she is so attached... That's pretty cute~

I never cried over that though, I just get annoyed at seat thieves... >.>

Bad Storm likes this.
  18. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    She really is attached. I remember when she first stayed in our house, she couldn't sleep without her babysitter next to her. She also would cry if she wakes up and there's no one beside her.

I get annoyed with seat thieves too, but since my seat is somewhere a little remote, I don't encounter that problem much :blobhero:

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really care about keeping sets together or finding stuff in other places than where I put them. My grief is something else entirely - hygiene. People not washing the stuff they used or just half-assing it and claiming they've done the dishes. Like, no, now I have to wash them again because I can see the grime and fingerprints on there and it pisses me off. Don't get me started on men who piss standing up and never clean after themselves. Those are some of the reasons I intend to live alone and never marry.

20. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I am normally territorial, i never leave my room without locking it, i even lock my room when i'm inside it. i look it even when i went to toilet, or went downstairs to eat, or went anywhere. Its a habit now.

Reason?

Because i just so hate it when people take my things without my permission, and that's because most of time when they took it without permission, they just don't really care about those things they took.

It's a common sense, IF YOU "BORROW" SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE, TAKE A GOOD CARE OF IT..!

The only reason why I don't own a car even though I am capable to own one or two, is because of this. I don't want anyone, especially my siblings to use it because they just don't know how to take care other people's belonging.

When i got married and own a house later on, if my little sister came to my house, I will make a strict rule of forbidding her from entering kitchen because she don't have any brain to clean up any mess she makes whenever she cooks or make drinks. Hell she doesn't even have a common sense of closing the sugar jar, and she's already 20...

People, please... If you borrow something, take good care of it, and return it the way it was when you borrowed.

Also, clean up the mess you did in the kitchen, don't postpone it because that way you'll never clean it for eternity.