LCD Arena

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. NewToThis

NewToThis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would suspect that little sister got a boyfriend who happens to be that corrupt chinese.
    And he will not kill him immediately...

2. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Or maybe the ex-girlfriend got Changwee as a boyfriend.
    IIRC she likes strong & mysterious guys.

3. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the exams ending will cut off the two worlds. For one what reason were the people of earth, not the arena, giving these powers for some mysterious objective. I can't help but think earth will be either fused with the arena, or go though some calamity where only these super powered begins will survive. Well, the novel ends at 200 or so, so we probably won't see what happens in detail.

4. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were the MC, I would become a corrupt examinee after finishing around 99 exams. There's no point in finishing all the exams, with the information that we know so far. If someone clears the exams, everyone could lose their powers and the source of Maejeong and items like healing potions. Sure everyone would be guaranteed survival, however, potential examinees wouldn't get a chance at resurrection, hence more people would die as a result of finishing all the exams.

5. NewToThis

Reading List:
    Link
    Orrrr you will become the new god/king of Arena. But yeah, after getting all of that powers it would be extremely hard to go back to a normal life.

Honestly I don´t get why he is so adamant about ending all the exams and looking at the Arena as "bad".
    After all the only reason he and all others there are alive is because of the Arena, since only dead people can go there.

Radon Stone likes this.
  6. OneChompMan

OneChompMan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    earth fusing with the arena would be icing on the cake me thinks. the arena people would be like beta testers and then when the world fuses it would give everyone a chance to be like the challengers

7. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Animal training, is it? Synthesize it with...
    • physical strength buff
    • guider
    • teleportation
    • vision buffer
    And you get an OP human-beast coordination!

8. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is Odin stupid or were his last couple of sentences mistranslated? 'our world is parrallel to the other world, and now that we are slowly learning their technology, so our worlds must be combining' that is the biggest crock of shit i have ever heard.

9. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it makes no sense, just because it is a parallel world doesn't mean that the worlds are merging. The only explanation is that the author appeared in Odin's dream and explained it to him.

10. NewToThis

Reading List:
    Link
    what the fuck does he want with an sportscar on medieval streets?

And wasn´t it util now so that if he said 5k Karma then the Seller brought him exactly 5k? Which then became 2.5k when he exchanged it?
    So, why does he get suddenly 10k?
    Or do I remember wrongly?

11. NewToThis

Reading List:
    Link
    "birds of prey"
    What is this supposed to be?

And why the fuck does he use all ten slots on fucking birds?

12. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-148: he was at the Elf mountain for almost 2 months, but didn't take the opportunity to raise another Tree of Life. Such a waste.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  13. OneChompMan

OneChompMan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'birds of prey' is used to refer to big birds that can hunt larger game e.g falcons, eagles, hawks.
    He means both worlds are slowly turning into each other. our world is turning more and more into a majeong world and the other world is slowly turning into ours in terms of technology and values.
    I agree, the sportscar makes absolutely no sense considering their roads are largely underdeveloped and he didn't even use roads, just normal terrain. also he had previous unspent karma

14. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the MC can store live monsters in his inventory now and monsters have majeong, can't he bring back an assortment of monsters to breed and eventually raise to an industrial scale?

15. NightSpade

NightSpade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    151-152
    BAKA! IDIOT! STUPID!
    “Lets take the zombies while they are still at sea, there we will have the advantage”
    *face palm*
    Its not like its your first time facing zombies, you already know the best way to get rid of them is using fire. Why attack them where fire is at the weakest?!

Head returns to body after beheading.
    ‘Lets decorate the body with bulletholes, see how he survives that’
    Because surviving getting shot is more amazing then surviving beheading?

How is burning him into ash not the first thing that pops into his head?

16. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! My first thought was zombie hoard = fire AOEs, now's the time for Kasa to finally get some screen time. Yet he is wasting time shooting his guns, why?

Shield Loyalist and Arbalest like this.
  17. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also a whole bunch of other things he can do but doesn't due to a lack of creativity. He can buy more than a dozen skills every time he clears a stage, making the number of possible combinations rise exponentially. He can also itemize a ton of objects also for synthesis purposes, such as majeong, potions other than healing potions, a smartphone or a computer, preserved organs (heart, brain, liver, etc.), explosives, money, weapons, armor, other military tools like nightvision goggles, miscellaneous tools like rope and flashlight, a bottle of poison and various chemicals, dictionaries and encyclopediae, etc.

He has boatloads of money to spend on buying various knick-knacks to see what he can itemize cheaply, since the quality of equipment doesn't seem to match how good the skill will be. Same with karma, he misuses it a lot. I'd get it if he spent it on something he really wants for personal reasons, but the author never really makes the MC seem enthusiastic for anything, so he looks like a blind fish swimming with its mouth open, hoping something swims in there. Either that, or the author just writes whatever seems cool to him at the moment without much thought behind it, like he went "Hey, let's have an eagle-riding scene because I liked that scene from Lord of the Rings."

He's also good enough at copying martial arts that he needs to spend three days with a master to surpass him, and he has many weeks between rounds and great personal connections and money, so it's not like he wouldn't have access to anyone good. Same applies to any skill that involves hand-eye coordination and reflexes, really. If he had personality, you could justify his actions with his personal tendencies, but he doesn't.

Arena seems pretty shallow and effort-free these days, and if this goes on for 10 or so more chapters I'm almost definitely going to be dropping it.

18. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    What a surprise that Dana is actually corrupt...NOT.

Heck I'd bet that the two 'new' partymates are moles planted to take the MC down.

19. shirlulu007

shirlulu007 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone still reading this? Is this worth reading??

20. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t know. Dropped a long time ago..but only 18 chapters left. Once it finishes, I might read again...:p

Wujigege likes this.