LCD Arena

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. falcon92

falcon92 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I stopped reading this when he got a girlfriend
    And I was OK with it, and was actually more interested and hopeful for the future chapters
    - for one, it is better than the unrealistic single MC that is in every damn novels!!!!
    - if I remember correctly, he mention that it wasn't about love and anything (since he is literally in a life and death game)

BUT!!!!
    WHY DO I GOT THE FEELING THAT SHE IS A GOLD DIGGER?!?!?!?
    Or is it just me imagining things??? (Because it was just too sudden!!! + his sister keeps saying that bitch even though the girlfriend is her friend)

2. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though i have to ask,,, does it matter?
    It's the same with old men that get with 20 somethings...yeah she's a gold digger. So what? He's going to die soon maybe, so he wants to have some fun. It's not wrong to want some comfort when he might not wakeup tomorrow yanno? That's why i love this series, it feels a lot more realistic xD.

That said, she came off better these last few chapters to me,,, maybe it's because I've not read them all together?

3. falcon92

falcon92 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh
    I just came to realised that I am still under the impression that since HE IS THE MC, he will survive until the end:sick:
    That is why I didn't like the gold digger girl as the main heroine

But yeah,
    He could die any second, so may as well enjoy the life

But just wondering about the last chapters now
    Do they actually became real couples? (Not sure how to explain it. more like comfort the other, share their difficulty or help them)
    Or just fooling around?

Magicwafflez likes this.
  4. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i think there is a shift in how she thinks of him a bit. Like she really was a sleeze ball that was sticking to him before... and she has the decency to at least try to refuse excessive gifts he showers on her.

On his side, it's his first relationship ever. So athough he hooked up when he was feeling weak after the 3rd exam (despite all his sister's warnings), I don't think he knows how to not be serious... again it feels really realistic~~~ i love it~

falcon92 likes this.
  5. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter~~~!
    I bet that the tree of life has a curse on it, and if he didn't upgrade his flame to intermediate, he would never have got out...

6. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What if he decides to use only one flame a day? Instead of feeding it two and ending it quickly, he could make the maximum use of his time and work on progressing his skills.

7. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the mothers will suggest that, even if he doesn't want to.
    If i remember correctly, they were going to try saving the tree of life for 1 month (the duration of the last test) and decide if they'll try nurturing a new tree instead.
    Now that there are 2 flames, he can both save the current one and help a second one grow.

Outside of his spirit summons though, can he level his skills? Since his physical abilities were leveled artificially, i dont think he would know where to start in getting them leveled naturally

8. IcedBaby

IcedBaby The Baby that wanted ETERNITY

Reading List:
    Link
    Ppl have any spoilers

9. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, nice. 10 years. Good job. Hope he says at least 5 years. We need a time skip.

10. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    If he does stay though, wont they need to send him to a deserted place to not affect odin's test?

11. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see 2 possibilities for the relationship after this mission.

1: He does not pick up an Elf side chick and after X number years it takes him to revive the tree he goes back to the lady like a soldier and spends a couple days overloaded with lust. This can either tip off the girl that there's a problem, or make her cautious about how attached he is to her.

2: He picks up an Elf side chick (or multiple, because if you go 1 then why not more) because real girl will never know. Then when he goes back to her and either reveal that he has much more experience in sex than he did yesterday, or has a problem hiding his guilt and tries to overly make it up to her.

Basically, there's probably going to be some drama shitstorm after this.

Is there information on Odin's test? I don't think it has anything to do with the Elves. As long as they don't interfere with the Elves then they probably won't even know he's there, the only reason he's in the area was to help MC with his mission by interfering with the werewolves.
    I don't think it'll be an issue sticking with Elves since they have naturally long lifespans, unless it takes 20+ years they may find it weird that a human isn't visibly aging beyond at 50.

12. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats true, so long as odin doesn't meddle in that area it should be fine,,, that would be good, then he won't have to live in a deserted area~

As for him getting an elf GF,,,
    it's already been stated in the story that elves feel very different than humans, so while they look beautiful, he wouldn't feel lust towards them.
    So scenario one seems to be the only one...

13. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    starting from 5 quest the quest reward going to be 5k + maybe or 10k

14. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    yooohooo new chapter

15. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeay!!
    So it looks like the comment people were right him training this turn~
    I wonder how far he'll go... or how he'll get away from the elves next turn...

Though he's getting a little stronger, the elves are getting ridiculously strong now... if the silver clan comes at them they're in for a world of hurt.

16. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really liked this tag episode. Had a smile on my face. Didn't even think of the scenario before it occurred and it was fun.

17. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a feeling the girl scared of humans due to the kidnapping would be the one to enter MCs emotional barrier first. Terrified of humans but then this one shows up drastically different than the ones she had an impression of, sparks a certain form of curiosity and yadda yadda eventually she'll either get emotionally attached to him and become little sister, or a growth spurt in these years it takes to revive the tree and lewdness intensifies.

I don't believe the author would give a kid that much backstory and development just to brush her off. All the other kids are just part of a crowd and her older sister is already in a relation of getting taken in the woods under the guise of "patrolling" by that captain, so the older sister showing interest in a human that can break into her younger sisters barrier seems unlikely.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  18. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because he gets attached to a little girl elf doesn't mean he's going to screw her...
    He can have female party members that have platonic relationships with him. Especially if they're a different species...

19. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, girls in a party with MC aren't obligated to have sex. I've become too skeptical about them though with all the harem stories around. He also doesn't have to get with the loli, the kid will grow up eventually and it's not like he can take her out of the Arena.

In the event of her growing up and joining his party, there's a huge problem I don't think has been mentioned in the story. How does time flow within the Arena when the humans taking tests aren't there? We know that time passes differently depending on the length of the mission on Earth when in the Arena, but what about the Arena inhabitants when Earthlings aren't there? Does time pass for them as normal so the Humans just disappear for months at a time?

Also if the arena is triggered at 12:00 AM exactly on Korea then does it account for time zone difference and trigger at 4:00 PM in Europe or 12:00 AM?

20. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    From this last chapter, it seemed like he "woke up late" the next day, so it's likely that they return the next day, at the same time he wakes up on earth, yeah?