LCD Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shance, May 31, 2016.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    @dhRPGamer , the Nile is actually a river in Africa...:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Wujigege and dhRPGamer like this.
  2. dhRPGamer

dhRPGamer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... (@.@)

..... ( >. > )

.......ah ( -_-)

Bwahahaha~ XD (Really took me a whole minute staring at it until I realized what led to that

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    COFF COFF ! *cough blood* You made me remember it and made me fear the worst for Bookworm.

dhRPGamer and userunfriendly like this.
  4. dhRPGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    Newest trailer~

I must say, I'm really impressed just with the music. If that turn out to be either the OP or ED, I think the coming season is going to be a very enjoyable one.

If that bit is in the trailer, perhaps by the end of this season they would have been done with the Temple arc? (Though in terms of the storyline, that would be the most horrible place to stop...

(EDIT: That and watching it is going to make me wish that there would be a Lutz route again... OTZ

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Wujigege likes this.
  5. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's only one cour, isn't it? No way they get all the way to mid part 2 in only 12 or 13 episodes. Most anime are produced in order, as well, so I doubt they would have footage from the end ready for an early trailer.

More likely they're going to use that as a sort of framing story or something, using it to tell stuff from part 1 as a flashback. This would probably also be a compromise with the Japanese fanbase, because Ferdinand is one of the most popular characters there and would barely even appear in a straight part 1 adaptation. Heck, for all we know they might compress part 1 into a montage over one or two episodes and try to end it at the end of part 2.

Part of the problem with bookworm is that there really, really isn't a good place to stop. Almost every time a story arc gets concluded there's a big cliffhanger.

dhRPGamer likes this.
  6. Nighthawlc

Nighthawlc Nyan nyan nyan nyan

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m going to bet on either:
    (A) it’s 14 episodes and will only adapt Part 1, with both PVs just showing that scene to build up hype with LN readers and it doesn’t actually appear in the anime (your framing idea is also nice but feels really weird to me)
    (B) the anime will be 2 cour and will finish at the midpoint of Part 2 with the first 14 episodes adapting Part 1.

For (B) remember, while everybody is saying it’s 14 episodes the only source for this is the details released about the BDs so they could just release more details later, which isn’t exactly uncommon (in fact it's weird that they announced all the BD information so early and have them coming out so soon after the anime). Nobody has explicitly said “This is only one cour”. The midpoint of Part 2 is a perfectly good point to end the anime; there is no need to rush just so Part 2 fits nicely into one season (on the contrary to some people on other forums that insist it is).

The main reason for saying that the first 14 episodes will only adapt Part 1 is that the BD box set (that contains 14 episodes) says:
    Blu-ray BOX 兵士の娘 新しい生活~決着 12月27日(金)発売
    ・品番:VTXF-107~108
    ・収録内容 第一章~第十四章/映像特典
    ・オーディオコメンタリー(第一章、第五章、第七章、第十一章、第十四章)
    ・三方背BOX/デジパック仕様
    ・解説書付き
    ・28,000円+税(予定)/Blu-ray2枚組
    In particular:
    兵士の娘 = Daughter of a Soldier = Name of Part 1
    新しい生活 = A New Life = Title of first non-prologue chapter of Part 1
    決着 = Settlement = Title of last non-epilogue/non-bonus chapter of Part 1
    And if it takes the first 14 episodes to do Part 1 then continuing at that pace for a (hypothetical) second cour would place us right at the midpoint of Part 2 when it ends.

I’d say (A) is more likely but I hope for (B).

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    dhRPGamer likes this.
  7. bittervalley1

bittervalley1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My bet is on (A) because the cast listing only shows characters from Part 1. If it steps into Part 2, it doesn't make sense that Fran, the major character in Part 2 is not listed there. This is good because I prefer anime to go a little slow so English LN publication can stay ahead of it.

8. X2XO

X2XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, the trailer shows an event that happens near the end of part 2(The high priest wearing that crown thing on his head and trying to read into her head scene). Which is why I'm worried they might butcher the story.

Another note though, is the quality of the animation. While a lot don't like it, it feels like it's what those long old school shows look like. So I'm secretly hoping it's a +30 episodes show. I know it's a high stretch but you never know :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    dhRPGamer likes this.
  9. Tea leaves

Tea leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lutz route is forever never gonna happen cause Myne forgot everything that isn't known by Ferdinand via memory synchronization including her promise with Lutz and her commoner days.

Furthermore why is Ferdinand the only one who Transplanted memory unto Myne?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2019
  10. Gen17

Gen17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooo what?!
    Please use spoiler alerts!!!

Now I need to know what's going on!

11. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope this end at the memory sharing chapter cause the less Ferdinand the better. And the expedition chapter is hella stupid on part of Ferdinand

12. Nighthawlc

Nighthawlc Nyan nyan nyan nyan

Reading List:
    Link
    @X2XO
    Actually that scene is from mid Part 2, not the end of Part 2. It’s from WN131/2 and Part 2 is WN078-172, or equivalently it’s from the end of Part 2 Volume 2 and Part 2 is four volumes total.
    Also, the first episode was released with volume 20 of the LN (without OP and ED) and that scene is actually the very first scene of the anime! After that scene ends it goes and starts normally. If you want an idea of the pacing of the first episode it ends shortly after she has her outburst in the market after seeing the book.

X2XO likes this.
  13. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    Arc I - daughter of a Soldier
    Arc II - Apprentice Sister
    Arc III - Adopted Daughter of the Lord
    Arc IV - Library committee members
    Arc V - Goddess descent (my most hated arc) this is the final arc

14. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please remember that the LCD is for discussion of the latest translated chapters. Do not even mention untranslated content in this thread without a spoiler tag, and preferably not at all. There is a Spoiler subforum for that, and you can even make a Spoiler LCD for the novel if you wish to talk about the raws. Do not do it here.

Repeat offenders will no longer be allowed to post in this thread.

15. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    Name of an arc isn't much for an spoiler is there?

16. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They can be, yes. If they haven't been released as part of the translations already, don't reveal them without spoiler tags.

Personally, I often flip through volume and chapter titles of novels I read precisely to get an idea for how things are going to go.

17. jcochran

jcochran Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the closeups of the various statues which I'm going to assume are from the temple, I think they're likely to end this season at her baptism and perhaps her getting approval for her apprenticeship.

I seriously doubt that they're going to go as far forward in time as to the scene where the priest actually uses that headset to examine her memories since that is at the end of chapter 131 in the web novel and the first three light novels only cover chapters 1 through 77 of the web novel.

Hmm. On second thought, the first 2 episodes of the anime seem to cover chapters 1 through 11 of the web novel. So with that extremely limited amount of data, assume about 5.5 WN chapters per anime episode, then with 24 episodes, that would put the season ending at just about the right point for that particular scene. So we would get to see where Myne is starting to show how much power she has which does include that scene with the priest examining her memories.

18. dhRPGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the way they started the anime was a surprise to me, since if they did it like that, then there's basically no pressure on them to say which chapter they must get up to before episode what what what and so on. Which...

..... I'm extremely happy for it. :D

( Because now they can take however long and go into whatever detail that they need to make a proper job of it! :D

( ( But unfortunately there is still no guarantee that they would... OTZ

( ( ( But hopefully they will! XD

19. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hate that crown and Ferdinand and that is the first thing i see. It made me rage quit. I every time i see that it makes me want to hit something. Because in the original he never seen Mynes' life as a Guards daughter.

20. dhRPGamer

Reading List:
    Link
    Just so that you know, that wasn't exactly what happened. And, it certainly didn't end that way. @@

At least, not in the version of WN that I've read. XD

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019