LCD Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shance, May 31, 2016.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I check the new chapters when I read them, I'm just too lazy to check NU more than once a week, the forum is more practical and more fun.

2. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure about it being practical. But whatever floats your boat.

3. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    came here from reading the manga,im surprised and glad theres a novel
    though it's on tl hiatus?

anyway anyone knows the chapter where our beloved girl starts producing papyrus?
    thank you!

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator seems to be busy with RL, I'm not entirely sure though.

I think the chapter you're looking for is the 27, but I'm not entirely sure.

wtfkjp likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Woohoo, Maine is back! \(^^)/

It's nice to see how she's seeing her family as "family" now, and her home as "home". It's important to have a place you can return to after all.

6. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 53. Yup, Benno is right. Maine deserves a head chop.

[​IMG]

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    It's incredible how bad she is at being a merchant...

It will take a while for her to learn how to do things properly I guess... I'm sure it will come to her sooner or later though! >.<

noisypixy likes this.
  8. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to read how she overcomes her devouring without reading thru google translate but i guess it will take time. Were only at 50-ish and its complete on 600+...

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat pat*

I don't mind taking my time until Blastron can translate it, his quality is pretty high, and I'd rather read through his, than through some bad GT just because of waiting problems...

I mean, I'm still waiting for GoT 6th book and the 3rd from The Wind's Name, surely I can wait for Maine as well! \(^^)/

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Teehee, I wonder how Freida react when she sees Maine looking even more elegant than her on the baptismal ceremony~

I'm looking quite forward to how things will turn out! \(^^)/

11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    How Frieda will react when she sees maine looking more elegant than her on the baptism ceremony: $$$$$

Frieda doesn't seem like the type to care about these things, she just wants to stand out among the current crowd, aka she likes short term attention. But doesn't care about people remembering or not. Kind of "live in the moment person".

Her long term interests are $$$$$

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmmm... While that is a realistic point of view, you have to remember she is still a child at the same time, even if children at this age aren't as childish as current era children, they still can feel jealousy and they still wish to be the one that stands out the most if they have the opportunity to do so...

I think she'll demand an explanation of sorts from Maine... Though she won't be truly angry at the same time.

In the end, as you said, her interest is money, so she'll probably try to find a way to profit from Maine's dress design... She might even try to guilty-trip Maine for not helping her out with a dress as well, even if that was not on the original deal between them...

That's how I feel at least, dunno how close to truth that is.

13. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if Frieda was such a person, she would have told Maine not to make hers fancier or "she won't forgive her", something like that. I am sure Frieda realized long ago that Maine is not revealing everything so its not like she wouldn't expect Maine to one up it next thing.

Of course she might try to guilt trip Maine to get more stuff out of her, that would be like her.

Though I am not saying Frieda will not feel any jealousy, but it would be more like shallow jealousy, not actual jealousy.

Question is, would anyone even recognize Maine. Since she hardly goes outside and first thing they see is that, they might actually think she is some noble. (I think they said nobles participate in same ceremony no? Memory is a bit vague)

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I'm talking about shallow jealousy! >.<

Frieda is a merchant after all, serious jealousy just doesn't go well with her.

They would recognize Maine, she is close to a few people, and the children that go the woods take lumber all know her as "that one slow person" at the very least.

Nobles did go through the ceremony, but theirs was in a different place/time IIRC.

15. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    She could be a dark merchant. Though I wouldn't say serious jealousy doesn't go well with her, it is a matter of what. For example, if Maine had far more money... Frieda would be seriously jealous.

You are only talking about a small group of children, even the neighbors didn't recognize maine when she first came out. They know of her but didn't see her.

Even in the case of the kids, how many of them actually paid any attention to her as an individual? Add in the fact she hasn't went in a long time, they may have even forgotten her.

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod*
    Hmmmm... I think she is pretty remarkable for the children due to her size and slow pace, so they probably remember her.

As for the adults... Well, she started going out more often ever since she reincarnated, so the neighborhood probably knows her already... The people that live a bit far though... Probably not.

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, this was an interesting turn.

I mean, Maine was always aware of how her condition wasn't among the best, but I think this is a first she thought of herself as a burden for Lutz... Specially because Lutz wouldn't even have his current opportunities if not for her.

I think Otto will give her the harsh truth that at her current condition, she'll definitely be a hindrance if she has to keep moving around... So she should aim for something that requires her to move as little as possible instead.

At least it's what I think... So curious!!! >.<

18. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I thought benno would be the one to say that.

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmm... It's possible, but she is going to ask Otto's opinion, and Otto was a trader on the past, so he probably knows the situation well enough.

I think Benno was waiting until she became an apprentice before saying that, but she'll probably discover around now...

20. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    That is true but maine also doesn't have long to teach Lutz as well. She has like a year left?