LCD Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shance, May 31, 2016.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she is 6, so... About one year left... I think it's enough though, Lutz is quite diligent after all! \(^^)/

I wonder if she'll teach him to just make math on paper or if she'll try learning how to do multiplication on the calculator to teach Lutz about it.

2. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    As diligent as Lutz is, she got way too much stuff to teach him, it's not like Lutz can develop new products by himself if maine gets married away for magic tools or leave him alone to fend for himself in the merchant world. The only reason he's able to stick by benno is because of maine. He was allowed to go through because he helps her. As much as he says he'll stick with being a merchant, merchant apprenticeships are also connection based. So if he loses maine. He loses his connection to benno.

Kinda freaking out for Lutz atm.

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmmmmm... I think that might not be so?

I mean, he needs to get the basic knowledge down before the apprenticeship starts... After that, he'll probably keep on working with Maine for as much as possible (well, I kinda ship them two, so maybe forever), but in any case, he'll probably make connections during the apprenticeship, so he'll probably be able to handle himself.

I think the biggest barrier was the entrance, and he already got that one.

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what will her family's reaction be... I think her father will freak out, while the mother will try to keep things working somehow.

Still... Maine's prospects seem quite complicated, even if she doesn't work at the shop and go independent by working with Lutz, she'll still need the apprenticeship to get the license to work properly... Seems hard! >.<

5. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally in an Isekai, the protagonist would figure out how to harness and use that mana instead of letting it run wild in their body, slowly killing them. Heck, "body strengthening" would be the most basic thing ever to do, just channeling the mana throughout the body+limbs. Eh, whatever.

PSA: If you get reincarnated, learn 2 mana.

6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on how the magic system in this world works. For example, in some magic systems, you need a medium like a wand to release the mana. The device could be something similar to a wand but without actual application (aka mana is wasted on a pointless task).

7. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Problem is the concept of magic in that world is only attainable by nobles or royalty. Only a few handful of commoners know what magic is and what mana is.
    The only concept of magic we have read so far is by using magic tools and theres not much of magic in that also.
    Think of it as Harry Potter. Only wizards know of magic and normal persons dont even know magic exist in the same world.

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    As the others said, it seems Mana needs a proper device to expell it.

I think Maine will learn how to use her Mana to plant trombone (was that the name of the plant? I forgot), since it seemed to grow on Mana... It would be a good way of letting it out, and also getting materials for making paper.

... It's what I think at least... Well, right now, unless she finds a way to let the Mana out, her fate is kinda sealed.

Waaazzap and Poor_Hero like this.
  9. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    QAQ voiceless wailing? I kinda want to cry too, poor child, either become nobleman's pet or dying as your family takes care of you QAQ she's already dead from unlucky event and now this happened...

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs Maine's dad*

It's really unfair for them to have to deal with all that... Ganbatte Maine! You have one year to learn magic! Fighto!!!!!

Poor_Hero likes this.
  11. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And to think they don't even know the real Maine has already died...

diamonds and Poor_Hero like this.
  12. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    so true, their real daughter is already gone and this fake one is going to follow her fate QAQ

13. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure her family already knows something up with her. Maine real personality took a 180 turn.

AliceShiki and Poor_Hero like this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Maine mentioned a few chapters back that she thinks Tuuli and her mother already suspect something happened to her?

Not sure, my memory is a bit fuzzy on it, but I think she said that.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  15. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    What is there not to expect? Even Lutz, not a member of her family found her out pretty quick. Do u know her sister and mom don't know how much maine changed? She went from bed ridden to full on scholar over a few weeks. Let's be real, her family knows, she extremely different but their hiding in the back of their minds like with her sickness.

The only reason I can see them accepting her more, is that bed ridden maine has barely any personality and spent the majority of her time bed ridden.

Poor_Hero and AliceShiki like this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, she has quite a big amount of contact with Lutz anyway, so I guess it was easier for him to notice.

But yeah, bedridden Maine was basically... Bedridden. She didn't have much personality from what we could see from her interactions with Lutz.

At the same time, the new Maine is still well... Maine, and she does seem to care for them, so I guess they can just accept her even if she seems like a different person altogether.

moto and Poor_Hero like this.
  17. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel~?
    I dropped it because the main character acted like such a spoiled modern teen.
    I'm not saying that she should be perfect, But plot armor stopped her from getting her head cut off for being crazy.

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... Really? She doesn't seem very spoiled to me... Rather, she is doing a lot of crazy things, but she is actually earning money with it.

Dunno, I don't think she would have her head cut off because she is a bit of a weird kid... It's not like she is exuding weirdness after all, most people only see a frail weak girl. The only ones that see her as weird are the people close to her.

leegood likes this.
  19. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand where the spoiled child is coming from but please do remember she is a very very and i mean very fragile tiny girl. And theres a good reason for it.

Dude would you ask a sickly 5year old to go to the forest to gather wood or just get a drum full of water?
    We know shes too frail and sickly so shes asking someone aka Lutz or Tuuri to do things for her.
    Even just going to the gates makes her fever to go up on the early chapters.
    Not to mention she takes atleast 5 trips of going up and down 5 flights of stairs to just get a full bucket of water.
    Imagine going up and down stairs with atleast 10steps, 50steps going down and doing up another 50 then a few meters from the entrance to the well and viceversa then doing it 4times more.

chopin124 and leegood like this.
  20. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess when I read it, the way she did things rubbed me the wrong way, like her slobbering over the first book she saw. Thanks for your reply though, I might pick it back up in the future.