Spoiler Ashen Gray moon and Heartless

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Oct 19, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel was suggested by @lalalyly (give her cookies <3)
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/3214297/

Link: https://ck101.com/thread-3993905-1-1.html

Prequel to Like Love but not

MC is not blood related to his 2 older brothers and they abuse him a lot after his mother dies. One day he meets the most beautiful older boy who also takes a liking to him and gives him 2 peaches. Soon after, his room is set on fire. His 2nd brother loses his sight trying to save him. MC is scarred badly and is ugly now.

MC runs away and uses his ability to raise corpses to protect himself. He gathers corpses to attack his oldest bro because he thinks that he set the fire. He is caught by martial artists and sent to the leader of the martial world ( Xiao Heng). The public want to kill him as they view raising corpses from the dead as demonic but a passing prince ( Wuxing aka Heartless -- he's the current emperor's older brother) steps in and says that Xiao Heng should accept MC as his disciple and show him the righteous path.

ML is the emperor's older brother and is so beautiful he has to wear a mask to keep people from falling from him. MC is scarred but when he covers the scarred side, he's also a very handsome man. MC's low self esteem makes him push ML away and misunderstandings, pain and tragedy happen. There is political intrigue. Betrayal.

Also, good side stories between the leader of the demonic faction and the leader of another group that is powerful but keeps to themselves. Also between the leader of the martial world Xiao Heng and his childhood friend. There are multiple other novels that are related to this one.

pokes

2. lalalyly

lalalyly Digging translating pits and jumping into them.

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    So the this one is a BE?
    And... MC's older brothers abuse him but the 2nd older brother tried save MC from the fire and loses his sight? So what? They (or atleast the 2nd brother) abuse him but actually likes him enough to save him?

readerz likes this.
  4. lalalyly

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is HE. MC's oldest brother abuses him. MC's second brother doesn't abuse him and is kind but ignores him when oldest brother is around. 2nd brother likes him enough to save him (or so it seems). Oldest brother doesn't like MC and leads MC to a huge place full of dead bodies when MC is a child. That is when MC realizes he can control corpses. MC goes there a lot and finds the freshly dead young women and men to pretend they are his parents and love him. He also gets pretend friends from the corpses of other children. It's quite sad.

Misaki Yata, Ease, Kittsune and 6 others like this.
  5. missycin

missycin Pikachu is ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ and BL is (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is just too sad for me. I run away from angsty stories even if they have HE :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:Checking out the sequel though :)

readerz likes this.
  6. MoMoePom

MoMoePom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh man, this sounds so heart-breaking. But I feel like I'm going too enjoy it. (I'm such a weirdo :blobwoah:

readerz likes this.
  7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry: Its only the summary and I'm already sad!!!

Poor_Hero likes this.
  8. Nokiyoh

Nokiyoh {The one with Collarbone fetish}

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate story with a ridiculous amount of misunderstanding ... the story sound frustrating sighh'" ... well how mc/mL fall in love and is there any ridiculous misunderstanding or something in the middle which causes falling out .. I super hate it when happened ... it was like I'm flying inside a love bubble suddenly get poke and bammm falling.... there goes my happiness .... ......

9. lalalyly

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really misunderstanding but rather MC doesn't believe he deserves love. He doesn't rust that ML actually loves him. ML isn't that forthright either and tends to lie or cover up things or make jokes of things.

There's a lot implied. Like MC's second brother is actually the one that set the fire because he likes the ml and can't stand to have ml like anything else. So when ml said he liked MC and thought he was attractive, 2nd bro decided to ruin MC's looks. Like 2nd bro would be willing to blind himself to get sympathy so he can try to win ML's heart. I believe XMX is 2nd bro in later life in like love but not.

Ease, Kittsune, pcheshire and 6 others like this.
  10. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so is Xiao Heng the mc or the ml?? I though that mc was Xiao Heng, but in the summary it says that the sect leader‘s name is Xiao Heng.
    So according to this logic, then the 2nd brother was in love with Xiao Heng?? That kinda doesn‘t make sense since in the Like love but not novel the love rival is in love with Lou Yu Chen... @.@ confused.

11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    So ML is the guy that tell the martial leader to take MC in as apprentice?

12. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow !so many angsty stories now a days.:blobwoah:, i like angsty stories but with bad end where either MC dies or leaves the ML and doesn't forgive him thus giving him a lifetime of suffering.

Moonlightlily13 and Ease like this.
  13. lalalyly

Reading List:
    Link
    Xiao Heng is the MC in the other novel not this one

14. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    So the mc here in this novel is the ML in Like love? Since it‘s a „prequel“ to like love

15. lalalyly

Reading List:
    Link
    MC here is the disciple of the MC in like love. Like love is a tale of Xiao Heng and Lou fan's future lifetime

azure_sea likes this.
  16. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooohhhhh so then does the MC and ML of this (or other characters) show up in the other one?

17. lalalyly

Reading List:
    Link
    I think some of them, like one of the Shen brothers is actually Lu Da Vici... and the other Shen brother who liked Xiao Heng may have been reborn as his older half brother? It's hard because the names are all different but similar except for Xiao Heng's name. Even Luo Fan is Luo XXX instead in Like Love.

alexfilia likes this.
  18. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oo like a play if words?

Saw the spoiler about XH giving his blood to LF over at Like Love but Not thread.
    So sad. So so so sad. XH why you so good to LF you idiot!!!:cry:

Kittsune, azure_sea and clear like this.
  19. azure_sea

Reading List:
    Link
    aaah, okay. so in Ashen moon here the MC is XH's disciple and the ML is Luo Fan, who will become the ML in Like love. and XH will become the MC there.
    kinda sad that the MC here isn't XH also.
    how do the MC here (the disciple) and the ML get together? and does ML ever find out about XH's sacrifice and his love?? also, the ML blames XH for turning into a zombie, but wasn't that actually MC's/disciple's fault?? O.O

20. lalalyly

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why but I sometimes get interested in the side couple's antics more than the main couple in this novel. Mainly because I read "LIke Love But Not" first...

So Chapter 40. LH goes to the MC (Zhao Jing) and asks him where Xiao Heng (XH) is. ZJ asks LH why he's not focusing on his kid's one month celebration instead. My heart hurts for this side couple!

ZJ takes LH to where ZJ had hidden him (in the secret passageway where the volume about being a better corpse-controller was in the Shen family's ruins). He tells LF that XH is dead, but doesn't intend to tell him why XH died.

LF has a mindbreak back to his wedding night when he told XH to jump into a well and XH was saved but icy cold. But ZJ loses his temper and tells him that XH gave up his life for his and that they'll not see each other this life, the next life, nor the life after that.

LF spits out blood and fights ZJ for the body. In the process, the red jade that is preserving XH's body falls, and XH's body turns to dust.

LF tries to commit suicide, but ZJ tells him that he doesn't deserve to die. He wants him to live in misery for the rest of his life in reparation for XH's life. LF still tries, but ZJ threatens him. He says that XH's last wish (which has some weight) is to never see LF again. ZJ says if he dies, he'll throw his body into the sea so that no matter how he searches for 1000 years he'll never find XH again. ZJ tells LF that if he goes and lives his life, ZJ may forgive him enough in 100 years to bury them together so they have a chance to see each other in the next life.

LF doesn't take well to being threatened and looks around crazily. Then, he grabs a fingerbone from XH's remains and kills himself with it. Then he turns that bone into dust inside his body and mixes it with himself so no one can separate him from XH so he can be connected to XH in the next life.

ZJ is mad because LF never cried or bowed his head down but proudly did what he did without regrets. He left behind his wife and kid as well. o.o

ZJ doesn't understand how if LF loved XH, he could be so ruthless towards him. so ruthless towards himself.

He isn't sure if they'll meet again, but he hopes if they do that LF can stop being merciless to himself an XH and that XH isn't as stupidly in love as he was in this life. He hopes that LF can appreciate and love XH.

Misaki Yata, Ease, Kittsune and 4 others like this.