Forgotten Title Asian or not, i don't know

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Diukes, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, there was a novel, i don't remember if it was asian one or european. It was about people in futre (i think it was sci-fi) about people that were cured of cancer, i mean there was invented cure for that. And the side effect of it was immortality. MC was normal, non-immortal girl if im not wrong. Thanks for help, dunno if anyone here know anything like this

2. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard about that. *thinks* can't remember. All i remember was thinking how it wasn't my story.

3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Cure cancer and get immortality as a side effect?:hmm::blobneutral::blobwoah:

4. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I somewhat remember seeing a manga with that premise.

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet it's Japanese. A neo noir anime film or something

6. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since cancer is cells growing contrary to the blueprint(dna). DNA degrade overtime which could be observe in aging. This like photocopying a photocopy of another photocopy of another and so on. Sooner or later a mistake would occur thus cancer.

Researcher have found that the more the cells divide the higher chance cancer develop which explain why some cancer is more common than the others.
    Stop that degradation and would prevent DNA typos/error as every cell division doesn't degrade and you would get an immortal although the eternal youth kind(can still be killed by some disease, accidents and violence). Eternal youth because aging is cause by dna degrading. If they managed to improve the DNA where cells do what is instructed then cancer is cured.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sc...ck-not-genes-or-lifestyle-say-scientists.html

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  7. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget that telomeres will limit the number of mitosis...

So this cure simultaneously enforce a CRC sort of check, (cyclic redundancy check) and correct the DNA errors (which is the definition of cancer) as well as "strengthening" the telomeres to permit unlimited cellular mitosis?

Problem is brain cells, memory and so forth is defined as aging. Sooner or later they die...but if the brain cells reproduce, you're eventually going to lose your entire memory...

Unless memory is holographic...

Head hurts, time to play video games!:p:p