Forgotten Title Assassin to Royal Family

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Azusky, May 25, 2016.

1. Azusky

Azusky Gazing At Moonlight | 50 Shades of Blue

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have much hopes that someone knows this because all i did was read a passage about this a long time ago and i don't even know if it was a real book, a novel or a manga, i only read some lines which were probably from a summary.

The main character was trained by his parents to become a killer, killing people laid in the family. He was supposed to join the royal family when he was ready. There, he would do assassinations, protect the king and his family. The story was about him rising in the royal family, until he was an essential part of it. But the interesting part is that he would maybe rise high into the ranks and become the king himself? Not sure about this, but i get the feeling that it was hinted.

2. Casul Reader

Casul Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds intresting~

3. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    It's to 99% not on Royalroad or NU, it would be really coincidental because at that time i didn't know either of them

4. Casul Reader

Casul Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An original on wordpress?

5. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it's probably a real book. People would know this if it was a novel, at least i have never heard of it again after that time

6. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Somewhat like farseer- he is also an assasin to the royal family but he is a bastard child of the king so there is some difference.

Azusky likes this.
  7. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked the summaries of the trilogy, it seems to be something else but it's interesting i might give it a read thanks!

8. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhhh why am i such an airhead and forget to bookmark or remember, it's already the second looking for title request i did without many knowing of it :confused:

9. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It most likely is one of Robin Hobb's novels. Fitz is a member of the royal family who is trained by the king's brother to serve the royal family as an assassin. Since both of them are bastards, they can't do anything else.

There's about 9 books in the series by now if you count the three sets of trilogies. The second trilogy has Fitz becoming an even more indispensable member of the Royal family once they realize he has quite the talent in magic and his Uncle takes over as king.

I haven't read the last trilogy of Fitz, so I can't comment on how well it is written. It's quite a recent release by Hobb. She also has a few series set in the same world. One of which involves pirates.