AST Worth Reading??

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by evilbaam, Dec 18, 2016.

1. evilbaam

evilbaam Fat Sweaty Book Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    This was a novel that i had kept putting off due to various reasons (was bored of xianxia, now kinda in to korean novels, etc), but finally decided to give it a go. Read first 15 chapters, and i have to say i am disappointed. I had read the reviews and knew what to expect. But no one ( atleast in the ones i read) mentioned discrepancies in the story.
    For example. He says that he must hide his powers because he shouldnt reveal all his cards, but then in next chapter he shows off his full power. Another one - He basically says that he senses arent strong enough to accurately locate a being which is hiding, and in next para he finds out using his senses that a beast is hiding at an angle of 30 degrees to his six, behind a specific large tree. There are lot more similar to these in the first 15 chapters itself. These kinds of mistakes, really put me off a novel.
    I would like to know if the novel gets better later on or not. It has 300+ chapters translated currently, its a shame to give up on it after first 15 chapters. What do you guys think?

mrttao likes this.
  2. Makuba

Makuba Wyrd bið ful aræd

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like a huge (mostly) one-dimensional harem and a dumb MC who spends more time describing what flowers grow in his garden than he does training.

CaptainToast, Ai chan, Vorpal and 2 others like this.
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to write something but just thinking about it made my energy evaporate and fatigue sink in. So my simple answer is: Nope. It's not worth the read.

mrttao, CaptainToast and Ai chan like this.
  4. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    na, just another harem trash, idiot antagonist show up just so that mc can gain the girl, mc view of female as toys, aim for new one as soon as he able to get the one that he aimed for

mrttao and Astaroth like this.
  5. sideofbread

sideofbread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope

ihave3legs likes this.
  6. CapaxInfiniti

CapaxInfiniti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it actually stays fairly similar to that all the way until 342(where i currently am) for the most part. give or take a few issues.
    i could maaaaybe deal with that if that really was the case. but he is like that despite his character being a damn hypocrite. what i mean by that is. he does that. despite saying he doesn't want to pull that shit haha.....all while being all....woe is me.....whine whine whine about having to deal with what he's doing.....so irritating.

mrttao and Astaroth like this.
  7. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not worth it.

mrttao likes this.
  8. Mister Div

Mister Div ? ¿ Founder of The Anti loli Alliance!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    stay away from it

mrttao likes this.
  9. evilbaam

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly feel the same. Had prepared my self for a harem hack and slash. But the hypocracy really kills it

Astaroth likes this.
  10. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not like other xianxia where its always about strength. This series is more slice of life with a little action but this series could've been awesome if it wasn't for the fact that he made a connection between that world and a game he used to play. Really ruins the mood of the story. Don't expect revenge trails. The good thing about this story are the love intreast varying stages of being conquered instead of saving the damsel and living happily ever after. Another bad aspect is that he doesn't know how strong He is and fights go oh at max 5 chapters

Astaroth likes this.
  11. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep thats the part that kill most of the chinese novel, just pathetic, mc talk sht about what others do, and then he do exactly same sht

12. CapaxInfiniti

Reading List:
    Link
    yep. i can handle someone being true to themselves even if they are a monster. what i can't handle is exactly that hypocrisy. coulda been fun. but each chapter i read i'm almost exactly at 50/50 of amused and very irritated. and i've only been sticking to it due to some....weird hope that it makes a turn for the better.

Astaroth likes this.
  13. Podofex

Podofex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel does AST stand for?

14. CapaxInfiniti

Reading List:
    Link
    Podofex likes this.
  15. oronwe

oronwe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dropped it at chapter 250ish, and i totally not regret it. xianxia story are bound to be cliched and you can't really expect deep and well developed characters, but this one tend to be slighty ridiculous

16. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it and have kept up-to-date with it. It isn't for everyone though.

17. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mc see a pitiful girl, want to help, no strenght so power up and when he got enough power, you may think he will help the girl?
    nope he is flirting with another then FUC*ing repeat my first sentence

Astaroth likes this.
  18. Mazino

Mazino The final chapter.

Reading List:
    Link
    just dont, fuckin dont. i read all 360 chapters or so and it was hard to continue when i caught up with the translations i looked back and discovered a potato in a basket near my bed. This potato could have been a better mc than f*ckin qing shui. the flaws on that potato account for more character development and uniqueness that qing shui. that potato could have gotten the harem as easily as qing shui and wouldn't have been as much of a hypocritical bastard, with a beta sense of confidence about himself cause he was "inferior in a past life." moral of the story, dont read this story unless you want an mc who doesnt know who he is or what he wants to do other than bang milfs and feel sorry for himself afterwards. and the heroines might as well be sex dolls cause they have absolutely no other defining qualities than mc dick worship. sigh rant done apologies but this story is trash plain and simple.

19. CapaxInfiniti

Reading List:
    Link
  20. evilbaam

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow intense haha.
    Oh well if it's gonna be like this for 300 odd chapters I am pretty sure this novel is not for me. I do read some slice of life , but having it with cultivation is a no no for me.