Recommendations At least halfway finished, action/adventure.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by A5G_Reaper, Jan 15, 2016.

1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Title is self explanatory. Halfway finished so that I don't have to add another finished-in-five-years into my reading list; faster updates would be great, too.

Preferably chinese novels because update speed.

2. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Sevens the first arc is a bit slow but after a bit it is a very enjoyable read

3. noarmado

noarmado Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stormingtiger101 likes this.
  5. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  6. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    The moment when I realized I've read everything recommended :x

Thanks anyway. Ongoing is fine as long as it's somewhat close to the end, actually. I'm a bit torn between reading Stellar Transformation now, or wait half year until it finished and beeline it then...

7. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... the difficulty is that most of the popular Chinese action-adventure webnovels are less than half-finished. Mostly because the Chinese ones go on for thousands of chapters. Your best bet is to either look for short series that have been fully translated instead. Or many of the Japanese novels have been fully translated or nearly so, but Baka-Tsuki's translation speed is often slow and you'll have to deal with the inevitable harem. In any case, try the following:

- Bu Sha / Kill no More (CN). Best assassin in a martial arts medieval world swears off killing and gets transported to a steampunk world full of magic and mecha. 13 volumes of main story fully translated plus one volume of side stories beginning translation now.

- Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (JP). Upon entering the Magic Academy to train as a mage to defend humanity against demons, Akuto went through the standard "future occupation" prediction in his entrance exam. Future occupation: Demon King. 13 volumes, fully translated.

- Allison (JP), and it's sequel Lillia to Treize. In a world similar to early industrial Western Europe (i.e. World War I), two countries are at war. A couple of orphans cross the border in a stolen airplane to chase after a treasure that may end the war. Allison is 4 volumes long, completely translated. Lillia is Allison's daughter, set a generation later, 6 volumes also fully translated.

There are also a number of series which are ongoing, but have been translated up to the latest volume and which are relatively fast in translation once they have material:
    - HEAVY OBJECT
    - Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
    - Madan no Ou no Vanadis
    - Unlimited Fafnir
    - Tokyo Ravens

Asf likes this.
  8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link