At the coffee house

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    So Ai-chan was a a coffee house just now trying for a change of pace to finish a translation job. Took Ai-chan 4 hours at the coffee house before Ai-chan's work quota (around 5000 words) for the day was finished. It was a translation job for a travel management app. Not sure if it's iOS or android, but they're probably using the same translation for both.

Anyway, 5 cups of iced coffee and one omurice later, Ai-chan wrapped everything up and went to pay. Ai-chan said to the cashier, "5 trains, 1 intercontinental flight and 1 ship."

Unsurprisingly, the cashier made a surprise Pikachu face. Ai-chan didn't even realize there was something wrong until she repeated the items the third time.

Have you went through a similar incident?

Haerether, mir, AliceShiki and 8 others like this.
  2. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry, what???

3. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm very sure the cashier is just blinded on how rich you are to be able to afford those items. :blobokhand::blobpats:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Haerether, AliceShiki, Kirill and 6 others like this.
  4. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    It was supposed to be "5 iced coffee, 1 omurice and 1 mineral water". Ai-chan was too tired from working that the items of the menu that Ai-chan ordered became the words that appeared most commonly in the document.

5. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'm laughing right now :LOL:

6. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although on the serious note.
    Isn't 5 iced coffee a bit too much coffee for just a day :sweating_profusely:
    Can you still sleep peacefully with that much caffeine :blobsweat_2:

Haerether, reagents 11, mir and 3 others like this.
  7. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Never! I never make a mistake when ordering coffee~ :coffee:

You pay when you’re leaving?

Ai chan likes this.
  8. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    How can you mistake iced coffe for a train?
    And who even drinks the abomination called iced coffe?

Ohhh, i think, i just answerd my first question.

9. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Daydreaming moment huh. Its sometimes happen to me. It happen when im too focus or tired.

One time im got scolded because im entering woman toilet (altho no one on toilet at that time so i didnt realize).

One time im mistaken my boss as my friend and said if he want to get a lunch, get me one too. (i was focus reading novel at my phone oof).

Small moment when i mistake my girlfriend name because they using same clothes..

Glad im never working at cafe, since im just poor slave worker. Probably its gonna never happen to me.

kenar and Ai chan like this.
  10. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the cashier thought Ai chan was recounting the long journey (and various means of transportation thereof) she undertook just for the sake of dining at their cafe... and was overwhelmed.

Ai chan likes this.
  11. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Caffeine doesn't affect Ai-chan's sleep. If anything, small amounts of caffeine improves Ai-chan's quality of dreams, allowing Ai-chan to remember more of Ai-chan's dreams than if Ai-chan goes to sleep without caffeine. Plus, sugar cancels out caffeine's sleep depriving qualities as sugar is a suppressant.

Yes, Ai-chan paid as Ai-chan was leaving.

12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm~ are you sure you ain't some spy or secret royalty in disguise?

Ai chan likes this.
  13. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Ice coffee usually is very watered down...
    I think my maximum dose of caffeine in one day was probably 4 espressos plus several cups of black tea. The thing with caffeine though is the more you take, the less effective it becomes. The time you drink it is more likely to affect your sleep than the total amount of it imo.

14. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    hm...not really tho, since mostly, at where i'm at, we pay when we order...so after finishing the meal, we could just go out.
    so mostly my wrong would be saying 'Good Night' while it was Morning
    there's also time where i should give my parking pass but handed grocery bill instead (they are both white paper)

15. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One day I was hanging out at home with my cat. She is very vocal and meows for me alot. So I meow back.
    An equivalent in english would be: cat:"hey mir! Mir! Miiiir!" me:"Yes what?"
    After doing this now and then for a couple hours, one of my parents called my name, and I answered "Yes what?" .... but forgot to switch to english and meowed it instead. I didn't even realize until they said "Excuse me, did you just meow at me?" :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Haerether and Ai chan like this.
  16. wallshade88

wallshade88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My experience was not in a coffee house, but rather in a fast food. I was in a fast food named Jollibee and I thought I was in McDonald's. I told the cashier that I want a Chickern fillet ala king, Shake-Shake fries, and Green Apple Mcfloat. Those items are served in Mcdo. The cashier (and the store manager that accidentally heard that as he was just behind of that cashier that time) was staring at me for almost 15 seconds and I just stared back blankly as I don't have the energy to think anymore (working for almost 16 hours/7x a week on one whole month). I only realized my blunder when I changed my direction of gaze downwards and noticed the logo of Jollibee at their nameplate. I inadvertently blurted out OMFG and facepalmed, and the three of us bursted in laughter after that. The manager laughed to the point she was wheezing and out of breath

Haerether, mir, Ai chan and 1 other person like this.
  17. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    What the heck is a chickern? Shake shake fries? Mcfloat?:eek:

18. wallshade88

wallshade88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chicken is a food that only plebians will eat. As for the Mcfloat, that is the absolute best drink created in the whole multi verse, the key to salvation of us polar bears with regards to climate change. Imagine sprite with green apple flavoring with lots of ice and mixed with vanilla ice cream on top.

userunfriendly likes this.