Discussion At what point do you give up on a story -If not why?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Reright, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    the novel where that guy meets the moon god and is sent to a world with a bitchy goddess? but he seemed alright. i only read up until the family was cured of the curse, the two heroes showed up and it was learned how he doubles his power, but was it really bad enough to drop it? did he completely break down? he was brave enough to have faced a dragon and a demon spider so unless you mean that he didnt take any initiative in having relations with them i dont understand why you would drop it, so if you dont mind please explain.

unless that wasnt the one you were talking about?

2. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    In general Chinese mc's are better then Japanese.

3. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When no translator/ publisher decided to publish the novel/story anymore. Or if it only updated every 6 month, and I don't have attachment to any character in the story.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  4. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    he didn't take any initiative at shen and mio. but i don't think he could be classify as wimpy. he's just a bit passive and reserve. the type that thinks too much. though my definition of wimpy-ness could be different. in my book, wimpy is like freezing MC as far as i read and dropped.

5. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    I drop a story when it get too repetirive and just recycle the plot without any meaningful addition.
    Also I really hate Asspull MC that get new power as plot demands without any previous foreshadowing. Or poorly explained Deus ex Machina plot. That means alot of Chinese Xianxia and a lot of Japanese action focused Isekai genre that dont have any meaningful plot or Character Development.

Asf likes this.
  6. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    If it gets boring or if I start to forget the plot, characters then I will either re-read it or drop it

spoks likes this.
  7. phreakinsane

phreakinsane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • When it throws in rape or ntr content- auto drop for me
    • When mc's stupidity or out-of-character choices reach the point I start rooting for their enemies I drop it.
    • When things consistently don't add up or bounce around in a nonsensical manner I drop it.

novaes likes this.
  8. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Why necro a 4 year old thread?

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this

also when mc treats a girl/women who treats him badly/kidnaps him/abuse him but does not kill her jus cus shes a women (unless the mc did something bad to her like womanizing mage where the original body raped the princess - that i can stomach but some novels have the mc become so reluctant to kill the woman for no other reason besides that shes a woman)

cus u know the woman/girl is gonna keep on coming at him again and again and then shes gonna get guys to go after mc over and over again and it's just going to be full of bs where the mc repeatedly beats them up or kills them but does not do anything to the girl

yea. no thx

jus cus im a dude doesnt mean i can get repeatedly abused by a girl/woman

also not to mention that the plot basically stops here and doesnt move at all for hundreds of chapter while the author writes bs and creates villians for the mc for no reason

phreakinsane likes this.
  10. phreakinsane

phreakinsane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I stumbled on it and am new to the site? Gomen. I guess you can call me a necromancer. :p

11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I first look at the novel and see like 20 translated chapters and new ones coming out once a week or a month... maybe even just in parts!

When the translation is just awful.

When I just don’t like the novel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.