Question ATG after chapter 190

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by AnarchyOtaku, Jun 22, 2017.

1. AnarchyOtaku

AnarchyOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I haven't read ATG since chapter 190 I believe, the last thing I can remember is
    It was near the end with the big sword sect gathering with I believe a sealing sword
    . My question is, should I pick it up again, or is it just a rinse and repeat of the same tropes. How does he handle his female relations, do his hoes *cough* *cough* "lovers" ever meet each other or even know about each other yet?

EDIT; Grammar.

2. Hate

Hate born

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah you should definitely start reading it again
    after those events yun che went to an tornament and then got sent to the demon realm
    also he came back from the demon realm after marrying a wife
    *i havent read after that since im still waiting for it to cross 1000 mark to restart the series again*

Wowafay likes this.
  3. AnarchyOtaku

AnarchyOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing that "Smooth-Che" does that gets me is it never says in the book whether he tells his other girls that they aren't the first, not the last, and not alone. If I remember correctly, not telling your harem members they are in a harem is just plain cheating.

matt_esa and Nyarlathotep like this.
  4. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    Its enjoyable. But dont misundrstand. Its not good. Just something you read when youre bored

5. Nbhan101

Nbhan101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, you should start reading it. It is freaking awesome although I myself haven't read since 705 due to exams.But the females are juicy and f****ng awesome.MC DOES DO WHAT YOU ARE asking for ...

BlackKnightGodzilla likes this.
  6. Xonarag

Xonarag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow now that you say it like that it really doesn't seem like much plot for 600 chapters I totally didn't notice. :D

7. Xonarag

Xonarag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a nice read for it's powerups and fights but it's also kind of brainless and the harem might as well not exist most of the time. I would still say you should read it as it is a novel that's way better when you have a lot of chapters stacked up so the fillers won't hurt as much.

8. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    skim through it till you find a part that you enjoy
    as this novel isn´t really high quality and (as in many other brainless asian novels with generic plots (wuxia and ...-xia in general)) the author often repeats the important things more than thrice, you sgouldn´t have any problems with this

9. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    The longer ATG goes on the more ass it gets

10. MataMelirik

MataMelirik *wink*wink*

Reading List:
    Link
    you can read the latest chapter and you still get the whole story since its just rinse and repeat

11. Ogami-kun

Ogami-kun 『Blue Shadow ensnaring demons』『FA sect disciple』

Reading List:
    Link
    No

12. Hokoga

Hokoga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His harem know about each other and Yun Che never really tried to hide the fact that he has other women.

13. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    His harem are all aware of each other during this time that he's gone. He finally learns things beside fire profound arts. He is going to immediately go to the dragon god to get the rest of the inheritance. You should give it a try since the next arc is a favorite

14. elairz

elairz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont you know? ATG just ended. Yun Che died.

15. Ophis

Ophis 『God Slayer』 『Dragon God』 『Harem Seeker』

Reading List:
    Link
    All of his wives/lovers know about each other.

As for whether you should pick it up again. I personally like this story, so, yes you should.

16. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    HUH?

• Xia Qingyue knows of him marrying Cang Yue and his 'adventure+loot' with Chu Yuechan as well as his fiance Su Ling’er(even though considering it as a dream -me thinks) - MIA before Huan Caiyi;
    • Chu Yuechan knows of him being married to Xia Qingyue - MIA before his 2nd marriage;
    • Cang Yue knows that she is second 'official' wife and that he has a kid with Chu Yuechan - and knows of 3rd wife, as well as arranging his 4th herself;
    • Huan Caiyi knows of his other wives and kid;
    • Feng Xue’er is up to date as well;
    • Su Ling’er (black horse for the other wives/ladies beside Xia Qingyue) only knows about Xia Qingyue (others didn't 'matter' before her story arc);
    and the other potential ladies ... are informed as well ...

17. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His harem is ridiculously huge at this point, he keeps dying, his power level makes no sense, the villians are so very cliche, it's horribly repetitive, and he's kind of an ass. You have over 400 chapters of this stuff to look forward to so if you think you can handle all of that then go for it. Personally, I'm just reading it for Jasmine and the sword loli.

18. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude that was the prologue not the end ^^

19. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as cliched xanxias go, ATG is above average. It has the harem of beautiful women who never make a meaningful appearance other than to require the MC to be their white knight. It has fights and face slapping. It has fortuitous encounters. It's unimaginative and repetitive. What sets it apart is that the author is more competent than most of his peers (Note: that doesn't mean he's good).

I've read up to what's been translated on WW, and it's nothing special, but it's a cut above most of the similar xanxia novels out there. My biggest gripe is that the author handed the MC far too many fortuitous encounters instead of ratcheting up the MC's cultivation level. The result is that he kept finding stuff to increase his power (bloodlines, sword loli, etc), and the author had to increase the cultivation level of his foes to add impact to the fact that he powered up from an external source. It's reached the point that the cultivation levels in the novel are no longer relevant. The MC is currently fighting 2 major levels above his weight-class. The only way we know that he's outclassed by an enemy is if the author tells us that's the case. Now, because of his poor planning, the author's painted himself into a corner. If he increases the MC's cultivation level by much, he'll be the most powerful person on the continent. Over the last 100 or so chapters, I've had trouble maintaining excitement or interest in it since there's no way to compare the MC to his foes. I figure the author will do a power reset for when he ascends to the next realm or plane or whatever. I'm considering putting it down to wait until that happens.

Depending on your reading speed and if you even care about cultivation level discrepancies, it might be worth waiting to catch up until he ascends.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    DiabolicGod likes this.
  20. john2417

john2417 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    imo i would only recommend for you to read it if you're bored or you want to just enjoy a novel without thinking too much other than that i find it just an average or slightly above average novel.