Atg chapter 676 translation mistake?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Exterial, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people in the comments have been complaining a bit, mainly because yun che used the dragon domain to exert pressure however the domain is supossed to show images/your worst nightmares and is so powerfull that when yun che had the strenght of a throne he could scare the living shit out of thrones and now that he has the strenght of a monarch how come it can only exert pressure and why can he hide the images it produces? People are complaining about the author not having explained the effects of the domain correctly. My question to the translator is if he could go and check the raws again, im not a translator myself and im basing everything of machine translation so i wouldnt be surprised if the translator didnt make any mistakes.
    Take a look at this paragraph.
    The heaven-encompassing power that was able to intimidate Sun Moon Divine Hall was naturally from Yun Che’s Dragon Soul. He had used all of his might, doing his utmost to urge forth the Dragon God Soul to release the tremendous power of the Dragon Soul. Although Yun Che’s current power was far from sufficient to bring out all of the Dragon God Soul’s power, in the end, it was still from the Dragon God and was a power on the level of a “god.” Even if it was only a shallow bit of it, it was still enough to cause mighty Monarchs to tremble in fear.
    This paragraph states that yun che did his best to bring out a bit of the power of the dragon soul inside him to exert the pressure and scare the monarchs, makes perfect sense, its not a domain hes just exerting pressure from the soul basically make them feel like they are looking at a god.
    The next paragraph however is what caused the confusion among the comments and what makes people think he used the domain.
    Although the Dragon Soul Domain’s strength could defeat enemies in the blink of an eye, the amount of energy Yun Che expended was exceedingly large. Before using it, he also did not know how long he would be able to keep it up for. Today was a gamble. Luckily… he had succeeded!
    it states how even tho the domain could defeat the enemies in an instant the ammount of energy it takes is exceedingly large so yun che didnt know how long he would be able to keep it up.
    So while the previous paragraph makes sense in that he exerted pressure from the soul this one doesnt make much sense as it states the domain can defeat enemies in an isntant which it can do for sure at his level but thats not what happened here and thats not what he wanted to accomplish so he didnt use it right? But right after that it states that he did use it, but if he did then why didnt he defeat the enemies in an instant? It was just mentioned that thats how powerfull the domain is. Since when can he not only weaken the domain but also hide the images he produces?. not to mention he is facing monarch more powerfull than him. If he released a domain the monarch should be able to feel the particular energies created by domains but they didnt! They even clearly stated they cant feel energy at all and that the pressure they feel clearly originates from this guy without having to use any energy at all, which makes perfect sense if he used the dragon soul itself to exert pressure, the pressure they would feel would naturally originate from him since its coming straight from the soul, no need to use any profound energy.
    Honestly i wouldnt have noticed anything wrong about this chapter if it wasnt for the fact that i read ahead before and mtled this chapter.
    Keep in mind what im about to post is a mtl, because of that who knows how accurate it is. But even tho its an mtl you can still tell the point it was trying to make.
    This pressure strong, although cannot compare to be able by far "Dragon Soul Domain that" the soul of enemy roots instantaneously, but is quite still huge to the consumption of Yun Che mind, he also does not know how long beforehand one can support, today's all, are gambling. Was good wins because of him!
    This makes much more sense than what the translator translated. This basically says that although the pressure of the dragon soul is strong it cant be compared to the dragon soul domain that can instantly root the souls of its enemies, but even still the consumption of energy is huge.
    This makes so much more sense!
    Even tho this is machine translated the difference between what the translator posted and what this says is massive, they're 2 completely different things. 1 is confusing and says yun che used the domain that can instantly defeat enemies even tho the enemies werent instantly defeated.... and the other only compares the power of exerting pressure from the soul to the domain saying how powerfull the domain is but it doesnt say that he did use it which makes perfect sense.
    The translation should be something along the lines of "Although the pressure of the dragon soul is strong it by far can't be compared to the dragon soul domain which can instantly root the souls of its enemies, but even still the amount of energy Yun Che expended was exceedingly large. Before using it, he also did not know how long he would be able to keep it up for. Today was a gamble. Luckily… he had succeeded!"
    That makes so much more sense compared to what the translator wrote. Even tho this is based of a machine translation im 99% sure the translator made a mistake since the translation didnt make much sense and lead people to questioning the author. I hope the translator can go back and look through the raws again and fix this because its quite a big mistake and could lead to more confusion later on when the mc actually uses the domain.
    *mtl taken from lnmtl.com"

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Scrya, Blank9, OverlyFriendly and 5 others like this.
  2. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    He/She* Alychu is a girl

3. tehrealone

tehrealone 『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    Gigantic wall of text, but looks legitish.

Hope you find the answer you seek

4. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    No way to get my point across without making a giant wall of text lol

5. Prime43

Prime43 Member of the Polygamy Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    i think its the 1st time i have seen someone taking ATG so seriously. Your explanation is quite good. Maybe you could contact the translator (or maybe the editor) so the mistake can be cleared

6. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow
    You make a valid point and even though I have dropped ATG I was there for the moment the domain got explained so it is pretty odd it didn't seem to show illusions :/

And next time can you please split the wall of text into paragraphs? >_>
    It was hard to follow on my phone

7. Albedos_Ahoge

Albedos_Ahoge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know what you wrote in that giant wall of text, but I hope the author can release chapters at a faster rate.

8. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    @Casul Reader
    Are their any Editors/Translators we could tag to fast track this back to Alyschu&Co?

9. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    Changed the title of the post so that people understand what its about without having to read my wall of text.

10. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    Cant.
    Wrote this on a phone, even tho i did split it into
    paragraphs on my phone whenever i
    do that it doesnt do anything anyway.

11. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    That sucks
    Welp good job anyway

12. Scrya

Scrya Lurking all day long~

Reading List:
    Link
    Ello, I'm Scrya, one of the (inactive/long-lost/stalker-ish) translators of ATG. First, I like to thank you for pointing this out! (Though, it's a little long *coughs*)

I have cross-referenced the raws to our current translations, and I found out that it's exactly as you say, a misinterpretation of the raws on our part. I would like to apologize at the behalf of my team for the mis-translation here. I have already notified Alys about this through Skype, but the changes will take a few more hours, since she's still currently sleeping.

If such errors are spotted ever again, please feel free to point them out in the same way as you have. (Though, we will try to minimize such errors as much as possible on our side.) But yeah, thank you for the hard work!

Exterial likes this.
  13. Exterial

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont worry about it, everyone makes mistakes ^.^
    And thank you for translating this novel for us :)