Discussion ATG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by khanz113, Jul 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. khanz113

khanz113 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find atg enjoyable but at the same time super booooring. This is what I don't like in this story.

A harem should consist on maximum four to five girls. But this one has unlimited supply of girls.

I don't like mc's personality at all. He's like a horny dog. And after ascending to uper realm his moral character has degenrated beyond belief. He doesn't care about other people except Jasmin. He left lot of wives behind just only for Jasmin what if he dies for good without any chance to reincarnate. What will happen to others than. Mu xuanyin sacrificed a lot for him but he doesn't take responsibilites for his actions. She Spent whole Buddha Heart Lotus of Nine Resurrections Flower For MC whom she grew with utmost care. Mc took her vital yin yet ran away like a chiken and never ever considered her anything but vicious woman. He should be bold to take responsibility. Even after her warnings he becomes bold in Profound God Convention.
    He sacrifices himself for Jasmin without any care for others. Mc is selfish who doesn't remebers what others did for him. He even heartlessly tried to kill wood spirit child. He let the girl be auctioned off in front of his eyes without trying anything but at the end fought with powerful people just for his own sake. He didn't even bat an eye when the girl was bought by another dude.

I hate the character Jasmin and especially MC(YUN CHE).

I like the characters Mu xuanyin and caizhi only. Except them everyone is trash especially Jasmin.

This story has turned even simplest of the things present in the world into something extremely difficult and twisted it into most evil thing. Author threw away chu yuechan's character just for putting a thrill in it and he also threw xia qingyue.

These stories are fantasy so please keep love, relations and friendship to simple form so that people do not get influenced by your ideologies and destroy their own life.

My conclusion to things is that it is a person himself who makes things tough for himself. If he thinks nothing is solvable then there's nothing which will have a solution.
    What is your opinion? What do you like and hate in atg?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like romance and harem novels in general which is why I got lots of novels (including ATG) that I want to read but I am hesitating because of such tags (romance, harem, polygamy)

khanz113 likes this.
  3. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These days I stay clear of any action novels have romance tags that are not romance novels. Romance novels have well written romance I can get behind, harem novels are just filler romance which devalues the story too much for me.

4. Raphenox

Raphenox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most male harem novels just simply suck in the romance department or female characterization. They focus on the ecchi/sexual interactions between the characters rather than the bonding relationship between partners. Heck, the women involved in these relationships barely have any type of characterization and you could literally copy a female character in one novel and paste it into another with barely any changes. Its the reason why I was never able to get into DxD, complete Campione!, and skipped literally hundreds of chapters on multiple novels like ATG and MGA. Worse yet is the fact that many CN make female members of harem look like disposable toiletry where even some of the better characterized characters are left to pursue a new love interest.

What makes harems so hard to flesh out is that character building takes time. If an MC takes 50-100 chapters to flesh out, now with a harem of 5 girls, you have to add another 250-500 chapters to flesh out their characters. We need to see their thoughts, their values, from their point of view, and see their growth as a character. Maybe we don't have to hit all these mark, but unless we can relate to the characters we are reading about, they are disposable toiletry/copy paste templates.

The only listed harem novels that I have actually enjoyed were the following:
    - Mushoku Tensei (WN)
    - Kono Suba
    - Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro……
    - Sevens (has rushed relationships at the end, but they are mostly political)

Honorable Mentions (either has loose ends or currently ongoing) are:
    - A Will Eternal
    - The Second Coming of Gluttony
    - The Book Eating Magician
    - Tempest of the Stellar War
    - Valhalla Saga

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Burn this novel and leave the rest of us out of it. :blobcat_knife:

You are simply trapped by Nostalgia since it is most likely amongst the first 5 novels that you read.
    Letting go is a part of growing up. So please jebal baituo onegai grow up :blob_thor:

6. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with ATG is that the novel is exceptionally good in many aspects, as environment, organized cultivation system (in special i truly liked mc plot armor of this novel), culture and second characters, but main char, with the pardon of the word, fuck everything so much that event the many little good things in the novel are ofuscated by the lack of quality of MC.

And the main reason MC sucks so much is one word: hypocrisy. Not from MC, i have nothing against evil, hypocrite or asshole npcs, they can make nice stories as the example of warlock of the magus word or reverend insanity, what truly bother’s me is the author’s hypocrisy.

When the guy killed an entire clan for the deed of fews and even still acted as the bastion of good morale and every single person in the story saw that as absolutely normal, fair and deserved, that was when i lose my faith in MC (not even mentioning the “i hape that girl for her own good thing”)

This novel let you with a taste of “if i can endure this crap mc i will read an awesome story, but mc’s crap is too much to endure.

7. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, for a chinese novel (keep that in mind), the harem is actually alright. You have girls with different personnalities (that tend to become 1D when interacting with MC), a fair number of them have their own goal (ruling, self improvement and such) and doesnt throw it all away for MC.
    But well overall, MC ruins it, i agree with the post above, MC is really the problem in this novel. I'm guessing that i was way more mercifull toward this novel, because i read it after martial god asura which is the bottom of cultivation novel.