Atlantis X When the Seagulls Cry? (Myth of Atlas)

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Lazriser, May 7, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A reminder that this will likely never become a reality, but do respond as if I were to actually write it out.

I shall start with how I'm still stained with the storytelling and supernatural elements of When the Seagulls Cry. Now and then sometimes, I replay the One Winged Bird instrumental version of the anime OP. At worst, I scourge through the soundtrack for some magical experience themes, though it is a horrific experience for me, because I never played the visual novel. Indeed, I have read only the manga adaptation, as I have no plans to play it's source material, albeit some interesting details will have to be left unknown or forgotten to me.

And in my time of leisure filled with addiction to the story and it's characters, I remembered Atlantis. In my boredom with the crickets crying in midnight, I read the basic information and comments in different articles about Atlantis overall. Realizing something that how the real world, the people react to Atlantis is interestingly similar, or parallel to how the masses in-universe Japan reacted to the massacre on the island.

With a slight grin, thinking about some particular myths I was studying about, and the recent word Adam-as, I was thinking about what if. What if... I did something akin to the Endless Witch with her games, and created a story about a philosopher's dream about great militant nation, and the inevitable destruction of the continent where it's foundations lay with science and magic. To this story, it may be only the start and end of another fiction in an alternate fantasy, but to my hidden desires, it can be also be a prequel and sequel to another story idea of mine.

Alas, all I will ever do is dream, but that too, is worthy of my time. An Endless Pastime, indeed. Though if such a low chance of it does happen to exist in the upcoming present, I shall name the story, the Myth of Atlas, a wordplay referencing the Myth of Er. Okay, I'll be honest. I just want to write some insane hyper-dimensional battle between higher-dimensional entities, because why the fuck not?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  2. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    When you say you remembered Atlantis, do you the movie atlantis:the lost empire?

4. Princess Sun

Princess Sun 『New Generation Sun Knight』 『Princess of Light』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh you read the Visual Novel or just the anime? For me i went through the anime first that's how i discovered it then went ahead and downloaded the VN. I'm in ep 4 of that (im a disgrace i had that for so long and still ep 4) yep umineko is crazy asf! If you haven't go read the VN the anime is lacking details honestly i can't remember how the anime goes but i finished it and wasn't satisfied. Btw hahahah they had a new game released Ciconia when they cry I'm not sure how that story will go but they have futuristic guns? Dunno.
    Btw the VN is llooooong ASF! that's why i haven't been able to finish.

[​IMG]

5. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouch! At least you could advise me on why it's 'meh'.
    No, I remembered Atlantis from Plato. Well, a little of Disney Atlantis as well, yes, both cartoon movies.
    I finished reading the entirety of When the Seagulls Cry with the manga adaptation. Except for some minor details which won't affect the overall plot, everything can be easily understood and imaged with the manga, since I've read that the manga was created to answer the mysteries that visual novel did not bluntly show in the game.

When They Cry 5, indeed. I've seen this in Visual Novel Database, the fifth expansion to the series, and it seems to be released this 2019. I wonder who will be this fragment's voyager, or will it be the same twin witches, we so love and hate? We shall know, when they cry again for the fifth time.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  6. Princess Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw have you listened to this? Umineko has an english dub now and the english dub OP by amalee is sooo good! The translation is good!

7. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't say it's bad, but I prefer the original version. I can feel the raw emotion of sin, hatred, and love entangled in a spoiler of gold, magic, and truth. I repeat in red, the anime adaptation's opening song spoils the 'motive' of the whole fiasco. If you finished playing the visual novel, I suggest you read the English TL of the anime OP. You surely will be... I repeat in blue, surprised in the machinations of it all.

If you can't hear to the choir, then you can listen to this off-vocal version. You can clearly hear them.

8. Princess Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I listen to the original. Original is the best after all and I'll go look at the translation it's hard to find a decent one. Btw don't you find it ironic that we are talking about Umineko and my prof pic is Beatrice? (She has been my cover since the day I joined nuf I never changed it :)
    Ps: I even have the album of the song.

Attached Files:

9. PotatoZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I advise you to stop there, do not break the magic, I repeat, do no break the magic

10. PotatoZero

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you even talking about? Stop trying to be overly descriptive when some of your sentences don't make sense,
    What I get is that you want to write a story where it may have multiple sequels, alternative to one another? It's just alternate story..

11. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were reincarnated in the When They Cry universe, I would surely, without fail, desire to impale you with sick anti-conceptual stakes. The only problem is... whether I would be a person from Heaven, or a Witch. Both have their own troubles. Oops, I won't continue, since I'm already approaching spoiler territory.
    No, @Princess Sun must continue on! The magic will never break, as long there is love. Whether that love be fortuitous or disastrous, only @Princess Sun shall know at the 'answering' episodes.
    I understand I was too vague about it all. My bad, but for me to not make sense? Really? How can it be so? This is how I always am, and to my understanding, others seem to make sense of my supposed 'nonsense'.
    No, I want 'me' from another time to write his own verse. So starting from this story, it will have other stories that take place in the same verse, but the timeline is loosely connected to other stories. There are no multiple sequels.

12. Princess Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh... why would you impale me? Is it because of beatrice? Btw i read the wiki hahaha i know that there is a beatrice castiglioni mother of beatrice and a lion ushiromiya hahha spoilers but i will continue i only know the characters and the history of those 2. I want to experience the story and i know it does get crazy fcked up as i further into the story.

13. PotatoZero

Reading List:
    Link
    How about you count how many people are actually discussing about your idea.

Still just alternate stories

14. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw... you read ahead. Oh well~ do enjoy the experience.

As for why impalement? Come on, it's a standard procedure to impale witches.
    To my embarrassment and disappointment, we are the only two discussing about it. Still, I will not stop my procrastination! Watch me grasp the stars! I will make it, the best of nothing! Absolutely nothing.

I'm too bored, and you might be as well, since you're replying to this thread. I thank thee for such timing, though not kind, you are my guest. I, the Pages, will at least know that my actions are deemed uninteresting to the majority. Truly, without you, I cannot accept the revelation of my silent demise! I give you my word, I shall bless you with Silence. With this blessing, you will have peace even when you're burning, freezing, or suffering.

15. Princess Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    Tf why did it evolve into a fight? xD

16. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Same reaction when I first read the manga. A battle wits and logic, but the panel shows otherwise, a fight using conceptual attacks based on arguments whether their valid or not. You'll understand what I mean as you progress further in the episodes.