Author Tools

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Ai chan, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of you may feel that writing is too troublesome because you have to do so many things instead of just writing. But fear not! Ai-chan has a solution for you! Below are the tools that Ai-chan has used (or made) that will be of use to you!

Programs Ai-chan has made:
    1) Starship Creator (HTML5, which can run on your browser off the box)
    - This is a tool Ai-chan made for one of Ai-chan's sci-fi story, so it may not fit your story to a T. However, it's general enough that you can use it as a reference as you design your own sci-fi ships. If you have any modification request, ask and maybe Ai-chan was bored enough that Ai-chan decides that satisfying your selfish request is more fun than doing nothing.
    - The license is Public Domain, which means you can use it however way you want in whichever capacity without crediting Ai-chan or mentioning the name of the program. Though it would be nice if you thank Ai-chan for it.
    2) Syllable-based Name Generator (HTML5, which can run on your browser off the box)
    - This is a tool Ai-chan made because all the names Ai-chan can think of is getting repetitive. Using this program, you can create any combination of syllables from Japanese hiragana up to 5 syllables. Ai-chan can make it up to 10 if Ai-chan wants to, but who wants to use such a long name? Using this program, Ai-chan has made a protagonist of one of Ai-chan's story named Hefumefu.
    - Please take note that the names created from SNG have absolutely no meaning whatsoever. It's only for you to create a completely random and unique name with the odds of getting the exact same name being 1 in 205,962,976 for 5-syllable names (God is within her, she will not fall). After all, Aira, Anya, Jackson, and Maria are getting old. Future updates may include meaningful Japanese name generator. Experiment with the randomly generated name to see which one sounds good to you. There's a 'back' button in case you're not satisfied with the generated name.
    - The license is Public Domain, which means you can use it however way you want in whichever capacity without crediting Ai-chan or mentioning the name of the program. Though it would be nice if you thank Ai-chan for it.

Free professional programs for you:
    1) WriteWay Pro
    - It's like Scrivener with fewer features and no cloud capability. However, it's close enough to Scrivener that if you've never used Scrivener, you won't lose anything. Plus, the programmer is now retired and has made it free! Cost/performance-wise, WriteWay Pro is better than Scrivener.
    2) Focuswriter
    - Have you ever felt like you missed the sound of a typewriter? This software has it built-in! Focuswriter is a distraction-free word processor, allowing you to write without being disturbed by anything else, such as youtube, the time, trolls on the net, NUF notifications and many more! The hypnotic sound of the typewriter even helps you focus on your work by tuning out everything such as your mom's nagging voice, your wife's orders and your husband's request for hump hump on the bed.
    3) Grammarly
    - This is the stuff that fixes your grammar. Ai-chan is using it even now as Ai-chan writes this post, and it has highlighted 9 errors so far. It's free as a browser extension, so use it as you wish. It won't make you a better author or a grammar master, but it will at least help you avoid the more common grammatical errors.

Cover Maker assistance
    1) Canva
    - It is a free service (with premium features) that allows you to make your book covers easily and quickly. Ai-chan used this to make all the covers of Ai-chan's books in ScribbleHub (click 'series') except for the Age of Gods Online (Ai-chan was lazy). Go have a look at the covers that Ai-chan only spend 5 minutes tops to make. This one was also made using canva, though the shadowy dog effect was made using photoshop:
    The Hounds Of Hell(1).jpg

Did you find this helpful? What other free software have you found so far that help you write? Would you like to share the program that you yourself made?

p/s: For Ai-chan's google drive files, you only need to press download but instead of pressing 'save file', choose 'open with browser' if you don't want to save it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  2. VannVann

VannVann [Drained] 《Worn Out》 GM

Reading List:
    Link
    I only rely on my brain for everything creation related and my phone for all that requires typing.... I can feel myself drowning

3. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Aí chan OP

Ai chan likes this.
  4. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks @Ai chan if i ever want to write i will use them
    and it seems i need to check my eyes, i saw author tools as ai chan is your tools

Ai chan likes this.
  5. Pau

Pau Useless Hamster

Reading List:
    Link
    That's godly, Ai-chan ! I don't know there is software to make up a name. I really suck at this.

Ai chan likes this.
  6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice ai-chan!

Ai chan likes this.
  7. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought one had to pay for Grammarly? Looks like I’ll have to get it then!

Ai chan likes this.
  8. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

The typewriter sound is the best. Although it scares me when I hit enter.

Ai chan likes this.
  9. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, now that the robots are taking over everything. You have programs to write ero too?

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet, but it's not that hard to write an ero-writing program. However, do you have the dosh to pay for it?:blobwink:

0000000 likes this.
  11. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    A bewitching thread by a witch. Thanks.

Ai chan likes this.
  12. TrollingTrolls

TrollingTrolls [Trash Talker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai chan, you are the best ! I was just searching for some programs to help me write my first novel. You helped me a lot, thanks !

Ai chan likes this.
  13. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow aichan....

First time I've seen you so productive when you are bored...

Usually shit posts come around these hours.... And we shit together with you...

Well that came out wrong...

GDLiZy and Ai chan like this.
  14. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as you aren't traps then you wouldn't need to be scared, she wouldn't devour you.:blobwink:

Ai chan likes this.
  15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmm, will consider once I am debt-free... maybe 50 years later lol.
    -_-|||

Ai chan likes this.
  16. designmansion

designmansion New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Choosing a professional logo design service from the multitude of options available can be a daunting task, but with careful consideration, you can find the right fit for your needs.