Discussion Awaiting Nintendo NX and Zelda BotW

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Loni4ever, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't big at all. However, the game had nothing to tell you where to go, it literally just gave you a sword and said, "Congratulations, now get out of my cave!" And then you're out to save somehow save Hyrule with a wooden sword and no directions.

Loni4ever likes this.
  2. qzty

qzty From normal-fag to F5-er Jack of Spades

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just praying they make a new virtual console section for all their old console(Wiiu might not happen), I know they can do it in a Tegra X1. Also release it in my country, I never had the money for those costly imports T_T

3. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    "congratulations, now gtfo" xD lol what a coincidence .. or not o_O

Fossil likes this.
  4. bowiestache

bowiestache Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I will ever get over the 3D/2DS shop not selling Gameboy Advance games. I wouldn't get your hopes too high for them to be emulating anything too recent on their new console if history repeats itself.

5. qzty

qzty From normal-fag to F5-er Jack of Spades

Reading List:
    Link
    But this time there will be no backwards compatibility, if they do that

6. StaticHD

StaticHD Supreme Novel Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Nintendo biggest money maker is Pokemon. And whatever new console or hamdheld hybrid they make will be catered to how to play Pokemon for a richer experience.

Zelda isn't even as money making as the Mario franchise. So stop getting excited for some 3rd class game that should have available for Xbox, PC & PlayStation

7. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    oh what to do, i quite like getting exited about it xD
    well it's certainly not my place to say that Nintendo or its games are objectively better than other companies and their games, i just love Nintendo and its games ... deeply. Especially Zelda and Pokemon :3

LordCorwin likes this.
  8. bowiestache

bowiestache Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, Nintendo hasn't released a great Pokemon Game for a main console (non handheld) since the 64 with Pokemon Snap and Stadium. Pokemon Coliseum was kind of tedious, Pokemon Rumble was alright, and Poke Park was... not my niche. Say what you want about Nintendo Franchise games, but at least 99.9 percent of the time they are at least made well and aren't glitchy pieces of crap with unreasonable loading times. There is no reason for Nintendo to make its Zelda franchise available for other systems because it is a guaranteed console seller within its own fan-base. That doesn't make business sense.

9. StaticHD

StaticHD Supreme Novel Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems you have severely left out the impressive success of "Pokemon Go" for its breathtaking revenue of income that it gave both Nintendo, Google, and other 3rd parties. Plus, there was a boom in sells regarding the old Pokemon games that released nearly 10~15 years ago. This "Pokemon Go" phenomenon enhanced the 'word of mouth' of Pokemon - through (both negative & positive) media reports.

From your most recent post, you don't sound like the ignorant type. Which means you deliberately thought you can play dumb and make it seem as if the quality of a great console game makes it less superior than Zelda. Regardless of your 'greatness' claims, most of the console games are replayable and they still made huge sales, despite the fact that freely accessible PC emulators for most Nintendo consoles, are 99% reasonable for the sales not to have risen.

Tell me, can the Zelda franchise match that kind of greatness anytime of the week? It lacks a sense of true npc immersion which is why fantasy games on Xbox, PC, PlayStation, phone app games, etc. ~ do just as well as the Zelda franchise. Despite Zelda existing way beforehand.

If Nintendo isn't the first to come out to surprise the world and produce a virtual reality concept to at least over 50% perfection, then the Zelda franchise will soon die.

Pokemon has reached the "world loved" level when it comes to the gaming history around the world. No matter what mistakes Nintendo does, it will never die.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  10. bowiestache

bowiestache Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, while the mobile market is extremely profitable, it is also crap as entertainment value and we both know it. Secondly, it is inappropriate to judge the value of a game by it sales alone. Zelda isn't CoD, Dark Souls, or Elder Scrolls and this is in fact a good thing. Different strokes for different folks. Just because you can't get immersed in a Zelda game does not mean the rest of us fans can't. Third, if you are like Sega, Ubisoft, and Warner Brothers and are deliberately willing to release games in a state where it was apparent it wasn't play tested and polished, it is hard for me to accept what they do as great. As a consumer, you should demand your games have polished quality with your wallet.