Awesome Games Done Quick (2019) is Live!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by NGCleric, Jan 7, 2019.

1. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://gamesdonequick.com/
    For those that don't know, this is a week long event of people speed running games for charity. It's fun to watch, even if you can't afford to donate anything. Their is commentary about the speed running tech, so even if you don't speed run, you can understand what is going on (theoretically). If you miss a run you wanted to see, the videos will be on Twitch.tv and eventually uploaded to Youtube. Always fun to go back and watch some of the older runs as well. Enjoy.

2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only watch highlights and never from their official sites. Something about AGDQ is just... off.

Atleast highlights doesn't get into that and only focuses on what it's about.

Speedruns.

3. Hotboy15

Hotboy15 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What have I missed?

4. tef0

tef0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GDQ is all about the money.

There can’t be any wrong-think or runners get banned.

5. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    i've always been torn on speedruns. some are great to watch, but most rely too much on skips and are really more of a novelty, imo. sure, it's still technically beating the game, but there's just something lacking when the whole thing hinges on who's lucky enough to get through the same glitches and exploits the fastest, rather than actually playing the game the best. i admit there's still skill involved, and a great deal of it to pull off some of those moves, but it just loses its novelty after watching so many "near perfect" glitch/exploit infested runs that're almost identical and skip 9/10s or more of a game.

all in all, even for "charity", it's not really something i can work up the interest to watch.

6. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll just wait for the meme