Discussion Azure Phoenix Rising: just some questions to cater for people's wants

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NirvanaFlame, May 6, 2017.

?

Would you read my series?

1. Yay

12.2%
  2. Nay

26.8%
  3. Interested but will abandon if I don't like the plot

41.5%
  4. Maybe

9.8%
  5. Show me a finished book

9.8%
  1. NirvanaFlame

NirvanaFlame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dual Sci Fi + Fantasy novel series:
    Arc1/Book1 will be litRPG style based on a awakening process that I have already planned out
    Arc2/Book2 will be either a continuation of LitRPG or the finished awakening process in which the reclaiming of earth begins.
    Arc3/Book3 will be continuation of the war for earth
    Arc4/Book4 will be the end of the war and the end of the series

I am planning to have humanity to escaped to either the sky or underground to escape the evolved monsters.
    Q1 Please give me either Sky Cities or Underground Cities.
    Q2 Power Style(the power build up) e.g 1st Realm, Phase 1 Warrior, Rank 1 Knight
    Q3 Contract Beast, Yay or Nay
    Q4 Heroic MC, Yay or Nay
    Q5 Energy base for Powers( xianxia's/xianhuan) or Powers by themselves (e.g Hero Academia Manga/Anime)
    Q6 How important should the romance be. (No Harem cuz I hate them and think they are poor excuse as story progression)
    Q7 Limit series to Earth or Expand to Space rather than end it at Book 4
    Q8 How close do you want it to Modern Age e.g 2040, 2094, 2113. Note further away it is the more non-existing science theory's/technology will be implemented.
    Q9 How long do you want the litRPG/ Virtual Reality go on for? 1 book(100 levels), 2 books(200-250 levels)
    Q10 Blacksmith MC? Yay or Nay

Thanks if you have taken the time to answer my question's, I already have a solid idea of how i want it to go and I am sorry for those of you wanting to have a unique weapon but no I am making it a sword

Raiseshu likes this.
  2. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm caught up with the story being one of my 'Read for the break'.

3. NirvanaFlame

Reading List:
    Link
    How I haven't even written the complete story yet ...

Theo Thanasia likes this.
  4. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I accidentally pressed Post Reply before I finished~

Ignus and NirvanaFlame like this.
  5. Eve

Eve Title under construction

Reading List:
    Link
    Make a oneshot 1st! :D

6. NirvanaFlame

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, I just realised that there is already a novel called Phoenix rising
    Alright I' m taking novel names as well.
    Well MC's ability will be Phoenix with azure blue flames( related to how flames turn blue when hot enough)
    So I am leaning towards Azure Phoenix Annihilating The Heavens
    And just making this clear to everyone: no it isn't a full on cultivation novel going towards becoming a god or immortal but rather following a character who actually sticks to his main goal of protecting humanity and the people he cares about and the price he is willing to pay to do it.

7. NirvanaFlame

Reading List:
    Link
    oneshot 1st? What do you mean by that?

8. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A 1 chapter story, with or without an ending (usually no ending). I assume he or she wants to get a feel of how your story writing skills are.

9. Eve

Eve Title under construction

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, a short story of your future novel.
    like the chapter 00's of some mangas. Can be a summarized version (could involve time skips ) or background version (could involve foundation of places, powers, ranks, etc or pasts of the character/s)

10. NirvanaFlame

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah fair enough, but can anyone actually answer my questions because they make up the basis of my chap 1 cuz I am going to introduce location and a little bit of the back story, some of the others are just related to story progression e.g I would like to incorporate Q1 and Q8 into my first few chapters to lay out my foundation world building

11. NirvanaFlame

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't made one of those but I can try and put one together now. Most of what I have planned out is the main character names, all my major turning points, and my power ranks are something I'm trying to figure out hence one of my questions above.

12. TheUnbreakablePlotArmor

TheUnbreakablePlotArmor Mt.Tai cannot see me, as you cannot see Mt.tai

Reading List:
    Link
    q1: maybe underground cities, i feel like if earth was endangered by evolved monsters, cities in the sky wouldn't be practical and it would be questionable if there exist mutated creatures that have the ability of flight
    q2: you could try to come up with different rankings for different kinds of powers based in categories
    q3: contracted beasts would be cool, but wouldn't that kind of get rid of the point of the mc having a phoenix flame like ability? maybe give him a companion when young
    q4: this is kind of hard to decide on. what do you think would be best in a kind of post-apocalyptic theme do you think would work best? maybe the hero because he is trying to reclaim earth, but i feel like a super kind mc would be cliched.
    q5: xianxia/xuanhuan would be pretty good, just try not to tip power scales and make new rankings wherever he goes.
    q6: i would consider developing romance wayyyyy later on. you should focus on the main plot which is to reclaim the earth
    q7:limit it to earth if you only want 4 vols
    q8:unsure
    q9:i'm not sure what you mean by virtual reality, but if you want a game system you could do basic game stats but make the mc's situations/powerups not forced, this is a main problem in stories.
    q10: i think a lot of people actually prefer mc's with a kind of sub profession. ex. alchemist/blacksmith/artifact forger, etc. think about if you want your mc to be doing other things but try to not make the actions span wayyy too long. and example would be spending months forging an object.

zeus and NirvanaFlame like this.
  13. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't this novel a thing already? I mean the phoenix azure or whatnot.

14. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    there was a story Blue Phoenix right? oh well. . .
    haaaa why not a Dove, an eagle, a Roc, uhhhhh Sea Gull? jokes aside. . .
    well~if your going to make an MC who is a blacksmith. . . .the game Summon Night from GBA will be a good reference that i can refer. . .
    oh and the MC of that game also has a pet or companion of some kind. . . annnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd~
    make it a clone! so the pet can die and in the future can be revived! (darn i just spoiled the story. . . )
    AAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no freaking xianxia type enemies. . .
    if it is a VR story. . . include the type of players you can usually find in a MMORPG like PK's, scammer, hackers, PvM's, grinding, dying, AFK moments, upgrade failures. . . well how about Ragnarok Online as a reference for that, , ,that game is old but well it has diverse economy. . .

xalienxgamerx, Bean and NirvanaFlame like this.
  15. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Sky city, maybe change place periodically.
    2. I like the power is measured by rank A to E (like in onepunch man). Yes, it's not accurate, but I think it makes leapfrog(?) challenge more believable
    3.Um, no. Aren't they... enemies?
    4. ?
    5. Power by themselves
    6. If it makes MC stupid, just a little please
    7. Since i suggested sky city, use space as much as you want
    8. Evolved monsters need time right? I think, at least a century from now.
    9.?
    10. Technologically advanced... I'm leaning towards no

NirvanaFlame likes this.
  16. TheUnbreakablePlotArmor

Reading List:
    Link
    if you're doing a post apocalyptic kind of thing, make the level ups reasonable. but heres the thing, if the mc walks into a place far exceeding his power currently, don't make him don the thickest plot armour, make him do something sensible.

17. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    a1 - sky city would sound better, since it got sci-fi genre.
    a2 - realm+rank (fantasy+sci-fi)
    a3 - nay
    a4 - nay
    a5 - xianxia
    a6 - normal, not to the point of taking clothes off
    a7 - expand to space
    a8 - 2500 (should be further into future, can't see the reality world changing that much within 100 years)
    a9 - up to you ...
    a10 - doesn't matters (taking 3rd option), if blacksmith it can be as op as MC from the new gate.

NirvanaFlame likes this.
  18. Cruxia

Cruxia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So just to be clear it seems that you want to start the character off in a VRMMO-type environment that is used by the current world to awaken individuals to a hidden power?
    Sky cities if the people left earth to avoid being killed by monsters (i.e. why wouldn't the monsters just go underground), but underground if they left due to some other cause, ex. nuclear apocalypse, that just destroyed the surface and then the monsters took over
    Honestly not much opinion, would prefer 'knight' if awakened are organized into a strict hierarchy or order, but 'warrior' if people are predominately freelancing with their abilities
    Nay, unless you think it can really add to the story, and you could write it well. Yay, if you actually want to add in a psychological dilemma about killing mass numbers of (possibly sentient) monsters.
    Sounds pretty heroic if you plan on having him save the world... ?
    Powers by themselves might play into the awakening process better, and could also appeal to a more general audience
    Do you think you can write a compelling and interactive romance?? If so by all means, but no romance >> bad romance
    Let's finish Book 1 first. (Note that i do have a series story-boarded to 9 volumes with 1 actual chapter written)
    I'd personally tie it into the Q1, sky cities are obviously a later timeline than underground
    Personally, just keeping the LitRPG as the awakening process, i.e. book 1, might be the best if my original assumption on the story progression was correct.
    Nay, unless it: makes sense for the story, adds to character development, and is essential to the MC achieving their end goal. So probably Nay
    Use what ever weapon you want and think fits the character and take all my comments only as suggestions, as you should really write the story as it seems best to you.

Personally, though I would suggest that you first write down and determine the backstory for your world: what happened, how did the people of the time try to resolve it, what led to the current situation that the world is in. Doing this will help jump start your own ideas as well as creating a coherent background that you can reference throughout the story.

NirvanaFlame likes this.
  19. NirvanaFlame

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz I just really like phoenix's and the novel Blue Phoenix is the soul of a blue Phoenix fusing with MC's soul but isn't truly his power whereas mine will not be following that type of plot or setting at all. Cheers for reference and as for companion while it is maybe going against the whole idea of evolved monsters taking control of earth, I am thinking along the lines of the companion beast is maybe an outcast from the rest of the evolved creatures.
    It isn't a xianxia's focus story however the monsters would have been mutated in specific ways that I will reference back to Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection and tie the cause of mass mutation to radiation change accumulation over time and possible be a result of WW3 with nukes spreading radiation everywhere.
    The VR is more of a kinda of link to the original world not in the Shura's Wrath or Dragon Against Heaven kind of way but rather a method in which was revolutionised to train military and doctors and linking back to the awaking of powers within humanity with how on the brink of death some people gained abilities and hence using the VR as a way to trigger the awakening of abilities within young people. So PK would be encouraged and failures are bound to happen, I will not be making an infallible MC but I will make him get lucky in some cases but not to extremes.

I'm not planning on doing that, I will be trying to limit immense plot armour mind destroying chapters, the MC is going to be fairly smart.

20. TheUnbreakablePlotArmor

Reading List:
    Link
    good :D. btw for the levelling, i think levelling should be toned down. 100/vol sounds good but of course since he's the mc maybe make some lucky counters.