Spoiler Baby Princess Through the Status Window

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Ladyalexia

Ladyalexia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!

I get it. People are frustrated with how the female lead is treated. I get it. Me too. But saying he's a trash father isn't fair to him. He wasn't the one that MADE her afraid of him and her child. She'll be way more afraid (possibly in danger but he doesn't know that.) if force her to spend with him. She was not to be blamed either because she was alone and isolated. Plus this started when she was a baby, how the hell was anyone suppose to know?

Most of the time, a lot of readers want things clear but it's not. It's muddy and it's complicated.

There are way worse Fanasty Fathers. Like way worse.

2. SheeLey

SheeLey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the emperor uselessness, it's already explained by Leileya

Tarniaesquetta likes this.
  3. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are wrong. The Emperor is behind the MC's problems if you dig deeper. He married the Empress and refused to consummate the marriage with his consort since it was just a "political" match and treated her with indifference. Which meant the Empress had to resort to magic to produce a son that was the Emperor's and heir. Yet, the Emperor brought in a lover as a concubine whom he had sex and made a child. Something he wouldn't do with his own wife. Ofcourse, this would piss off the Empress. It's a shitty thing what the Emperor did and the FL's mother being okay with being a "concubine" of an Emperor that shunned his own wife was also a shitty thing.

I think the MC is a victim to the Empress, but the Empress is stupid because she directs all her bitterness and anger (which is warranted considering what the Emperor has done to her) on someone who is blameless rather than the real culprit.
    I don't like how the novel tries to brush aside what the Emperor did it was shitty. He neglected and humiliated his lawful wife and consort
    with the FL's mother, which meant the MC ended up suffering the brunt of the Empress' "revenge" right under the Emperor's nose.

4. Rin_-_

Rin_-_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I remember, the entire marriage was contractual. Since the emperor’s father and older brother died, he was forced on the throne with no power. But this was a scheme by the Duke family since they believed that the imperial family is why they don’t have magic powers and they desired power themselves. They killed his father. Therefore, they forced the emperor to marry the current empress under the guise that they are helping him. And the empress knew she wouldn’t get his love, but she was afraid with the new loved child (FL), her own son won’t get the thrown since the emperor obviously favored the FL. So she was power hungry, not much because she actually loved him. At least, that’s what I thought happened?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  5. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    The marriage was arranged not a "contract" (for show marriage) agreement. Just because the Emperor didn't love the Empress doesnt change the fact she was his consort and legal wife. Political matches for a ruler is what would have been expected.
    Stop making excuses for the Emperor being a crap husband and father. A contractual arrangement would be agreed by both parties this is clearly not the case here. Since the Empress had to resort to magic in order to conceive the Emperor's son yet the Emperor did the deed with another woman and made a child. And gave his lover the title of concubine and status within the Palace. This clearly made the Empress go batshit.

MisaLissa, luztiq, zozoshawky and 2 others like this.
  6. nxiuboo0

nxiuboo0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm the emperor didn't have sex with the empress but he had sex with FL's mom?
    so this is the reason why the empress didn't love FL? or am I misunderstanding..:blobwoah:

7. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why the Empress is so batshit is because the Emperor was a shitty husband towards her. He agreed to a political match and because he didn't love the Empress he refused to produce an heir with her the natural way but had no qualms taking a lover while married and making babies with his mistress whom he promoted to concubine and lavished affection upon while neglecting and being indifferent towards his wife. This would enrage even a decent person (which the Empress isn't). The origin goes back to the Emperor doing the dirty on his wife and the FL's mother agreeing to be mistress later concubine of the Emperor. Which we can see is something the Empress wasn't okay with. So yes, the MC's father being a cheater is origin to all the MC's problems.

The Empress is an idiot because although her bitterness and spite is justified she directs towards a completely innocent person.
    To the Empress the FL is the embodiment of the Emperor rejecting and humiliating her with another woman.
    when he created a biological child after their marriage with another woman naturally and showered that lover with affection but wouldn't make a baby with him and was his usual monotone indifferent self with her - that stung really stung.
    All these people making excuses for the Emperor cheating on his wife with "it was a contract marriage" don't have a clue what that term means or understand it doesnt apply here. He is legally married to the Empress and was expected to produce an heir with her. Which he refused to do the natural way. But was willing to do so with another woman while married to the Empress. Empreor is trash.
    Empress is a repressed moron with a bruised ego too stupid to realize she should be directed her hate toward the Emperor not the MC.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    MisaLissa, luztiq, zozoshawky and 2 others like this.
  8. nxiuboo0

nxiuboo0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg I feel sorry for the empress when I know story about the emperor and FL's mom but she went the wrong way coz FL didn't do anything wrong ,she didn't know about this... I think the one who the most pity is my poor FL :blobcry:and the last one I would like to say is about the emperor ,he was a good father for his children but he was a bad person for the empress I don't know why the emperor hated the empress so much. But what the emperor did seemed to be cheating and disrespecting his wife.

9. Isajin

Isajin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But if i's legal to bring concubines, then what's the problem? Since I didn't see any statements against Sirvian as 'illegitimate', than she is a legitimate child, then, in theory, the Emperor could bring other 10 concubines and conceive heirs, so what? No one can call it an affair or something like that, right?
    As mentioned above, the Empress just seems greedy for power, because 'you never know will her son sit on the throne or not'. Through the chapters she never mentoined that she is jealous because she loves the Emperor, she only hates that the Emperor loves FL's mother (because thier child might be in a way for her son to the throne). Maybe I forgot or missed something, and in the novel realy was fact about it, idk. But now that's what I think.
    And yeah, the greatest magician who didn't notice such terrible things... the past-timeline Emperor sucks. And the rest of the 'best magicians' apparently didn't want to mess and look deeper about Siervian, sooooo...:hmm:
    Honestly, I would even like to see what would happen if all the truth was revealed after Siervian's death in the 1st timeline :blob_teary:

Animelover3 and nicomcla1995 like this.
  10. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the Emperor knows her family is responsible for killing his family,then I think is justified that he doesn't want anything to do with her.
    He doesn't mistreat her,be in private or public,which already is a bug advantage from even some male leads we see in other novels.

11. nxiuboo0

nxiuboo0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think The Empress resembles FL from other manhwas/novels. According to the emperor married the empress and he didn't love or care about the empress, but he suddenly took his concubine into the palace He loved his concubine very much. One day the concubine gave birth to a child. Does it look like FL from other manhwas you've read? If the empress is the FL then what do you think? But there is one thing that the Empress doesn't look like them(other FL from other novels) and this was the empress' fault. that is they don't want to kill anyone who hasn't done anything wrong.umm I think the empress is greedly too. Sometimes I hate her when when she hurts FL, but I feel sorry for her about her past.

12. Isajin

Isajin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it really sounds like other novels.
    Lets suppose the Empress dies, then she returns in time (or her soul is replaced by another girl from Korea who read the novel), realizes that she was bi**h, decides to become a good mother and help Siervy and Alderuan/Damian to became closer and then just grab her things and run away from everyone in order to live happily.
    And suddenly everyone becomes attached to her kind self and they become a real big family.

WE HELLA NEED SUCH A SECOND SEASON REALLY :blobpopcorn_cool:

MisaLissa, luztiq and zozoshawky like this.
  13. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that the Empress was clearly not okay with this and the Emperor did not respect his spouse to care.
    What the novel tries to brush aside because we are so focused on how nasty the Empress is to the MC is the fact the Empress and Emperor ARE married.
    It's not about "love" but respect. He had non for his wife and it just caused her to descend into being a vengeful two-faced batshit b^tch. Where unfortunately, the MC was the one who felt brunt of the Empress' wrath.
    It's one thing to bring a concubine. It's another to neglect and ignore your legal wife to the point you won't have sex with them to make a baby but are willing to do so with your concubine whom you give more attention to than your own wife - and consort. The Empress had to use magic to produce her son with the Emperor because he wouldn't sleep with her. Do you not see how that is a problem?
    The Emperor is oblivious and indifferent to the Empress he doesn't even notice or realize how much she hates his daughter. This is why it was so easy for the Empress to abuse, manipulate and frame the MC in the 1st timeline. Her stupid father didn't care enough about his wife to keep her in check.

How ironic. It's okay for the Emperor to mistreat but we are supposed to be shocked the Empress is bitter and hateful about MC because she is the product of the Emperor and the concubine whom he favored instead of her? Both behaviour hate based on guilt by association.
    He still agreed to marry her. Thats on him and saying he was "forced" is just a cop-out. If the Empress was not a villainess but a heroine and MC people would be trashing the Emperor under the same circumstances (minus the child abuse).

MisaLissa, Desperate, luztiq and 2 others like this.
  14. nxiuboo0

nxiuboo0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds good, Now the new novel has begun:blobrofl:

15. Isajin

Isajin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

There is nothing good to say about the Emperor as a father and husband in the first Siervian's life. As an Emperor for the people, he may be good, but I don't dispute that he wasn't good to the Empress as a wife. But nevertheless, he didn't limit her in her duties (she was responsible for the princess palace and everything related to the caring the imperial child, and I think this can be said with other Palaces), he didn't interfere with her political influence nor really harassing her or something like this (like we saw in other novels with neglected or REALLY humiliated FL's). He was just more indifferent to her, yeah sorry they didn't f*ck.
    As a husband he wasn't good, but I can't say he was realy bad. Who he was the worst with - is Siervian.
    But I wouldn't throw all this mess with her anger at an innocent child only at the Emperor, like ah it's all because of him, cuz it's nonesense.
    She's just a bi*ch (since she and her family had a goal only with the succession to the throne, and she had a legitimate first-born boy Crown Prince from the Emperor)
    And the Emperor just made it worse.
    But I don't see her in the same way as other pitiful FL's, only if she herself at some point understands it / reborn / returns in time and realizes it all.

darii24 likes this.
  16. darii24

darii24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, the thing is, the emperor was basically threatened to marry the empress, as in, he won't have any political support when he ascends because all the political support was under the empress's family. They both knew it was a deal, they both knew that their child will not be created under normal circumstances. As for him with the concubine, who's to say that they weren't together first? But due to politicking he had to marry the empress. In the first TL, he has no political power because the empress family held it hostage. Per their laws, he had to leave Chervi with the Empress and he could not interfere. He did care, but since he was manipulated by Chervi's head maid, he was under the assumption that Chervi didn't like him (remember the CP was not conceived normally, so we can't assume he developed like normal babies, he could have just appeared as a 5 year old for all we know). Yes, he should have done better but he knew that he messed up her life which was why he had Carmen basically transport her to another TL where she hopefully gets the love and happiness she deserves, even if it's not from him or with him. In the side stories where they basically "executed" her, you really see his thoughts and feelings and how he knew he was a terrible dad and didn't protect her because he just couldn't.
    The Duke (empress's brother) was obsessed with trying to have someone in the family with magical powers and to basically seize the throne and basically half brainwashed the Empress to think the same. So yeah, if she did the whole it was a deal at first and then fell in love? That's on her when she clearly knew he had no feelings. I don't think of her as the typical pitiful FL because she laid her own bed. It's not like she dies in the end people, she just gets her titles and authority stripped and banished to the countryside. She does not regret hurting MC and her family, even if it hurts her own son.

Thanks for listening to my TEDxtalk

17. Isajin

Isajin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omfg so that how it was :sweating_profusely:
    Okay, okay, I'm already looking forward to read it all, wow thanks

18. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    How ironic. It's okay for the Emperor to mistreat but we are supposed to be shocked the Empress is bitter and hateful about MC because she is the product of the Emperor and the concubine whom he favored instead of her? Both behaviour hate based on guilt by association.
    He still agreed to marry her. Thats on him and saying he was "forced" is just a cop-out.
    The married Emperor her for political reasons which surprise surprise would have been the basis of most matches of a royal/imperial ruler.
    She only had that son because of Magic the Emperor wouldn't sleep with her. Yet, he sleeps with his concubine and makes a baby.
    Again, this would sting even a decent person. Again, if the Empress was an MC of a the story (minus bullying the FL) people would be shitting on the Emperor for neglecting, cheating, and humiliating his wife. I feel the author added the Empress being evil to justify the Emperor having a concubine and emphasise that the Emperor only loved the MC's mother, so they do their best to dehumanize the Empress as the ultimate villain to justify Emperor cheating on their spouse with this abuse subplot of the MC. Which only shows how inept the Emperor to not notice the resentment the Empress feels let alone not realise based on his actions his child would not be safe around or under the care of the Empress.

MisaLissa and luztiq like this.
  19. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the Emperor actually know empress family is the one that kill the previous emperor?

Anyway, I just can't think empress as FL of another story because usually FL of another story treated badly by their spouse while this empress get everything except his love.

got some spoiler from novel reader at batoto, apparently, MC's mother is actually the emperor's fiancee (or something like that?) They are supposed to get married, but the the former emperor and other dukes are suspiciously dead (because of empress family) so MC's father need to make the power balanced again. The duke family can't marry the royal family, but when MC's father ask the empress' brother to support him, he ask emperor to marry his sister and make her the empress. So yeah, MC's mother is a concubine not because she's the third person in the relationship, but because her standing is not as high as the current empress

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  20. Priyyaa

Priyyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright. I don't get why everyone is blaming the emperor when he did nothing wrong. She was the one who forcefully married him and not him. He didn't divorce her when she used magic to conceive the boy. It's laughable tbh that no one is noticing that MC is younger than that brother. What? She was scared that the throne will belong to MC? Don't make me laugh. She wasn't even born in the first place. The only reason she married him was to get hold of the throne along with her brother. Both of them wanted a child with magic power so she absolutely doesn't love her son as well. Everyone is blaming the emperor when he didn't abandon her when she used magic to conceive and loved that child and MC equally. He didnt even teach MC like a heir to the throne in First TL bcz he respected his wife and son. He changed bcz he caught her poisoning MC to stop her mana and started to teach her like heir to throne. And just bcz u marry someone doesn't mean u need to sleep with them. If u don't want to sleep with your husband and he forces u to sleep with him so what would u do. ... don't they call it rape even though they are married.?? Emperor on the other hand was rather a gentleman. He could have just assassinated her and then everything would be fine and he could bring MC 's mom as a legal wife and not as a mistress uknow. Him not doing something like this is already the best respect he could provide his wife. Yeah he maybe felt guilty that even though he can respect her and give her a luxurious life, he can't give her love and maybe that's why he never objected her sons birth or maybe both of them did it together to conceive the boy with magic and he gave the throne rights to her child so that he could lift his guilt a little bit. Someone going to this extent just so he could respect his wife is already too much. The woman he loved couldn't even get the title of his legal wife u know. How could someone blame him for this? He loved her but couldn't give her anything that she deserved (someone said that she was his fiancee originally.) He didn't even give his daughter that was born out of love the right to throne just to respect his wife. Others might pity the empress but I can't. MC didn't do anything to her yet she tormented her and killed her just for power and throne.