Recommendations Back to past but as a whole...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Nyamsus, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    I asking for a story where MC attempt to go back to past, succeed yet failed at the same time.

He manage to go back but not as his past self but retain as future self. Basically there are two person (the present and the future)

Source of inspiration of this question
    https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2021955

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mmm The King of the Battlefield have a bit of that. He doesn't attempt. He died but find himself at the same time. Old him and new him.

Nyamsus likes this.
  4. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try 'The Second Coming of Avarice', MC tries to get a God of send him back to the past...god says no. MC says, only the emotion then, only the emotions I feel now, send it back. And so past MC lives with future emotions and sometimes gets kickass future killer instinct mode turned on.

5. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly instead of emotions, for me he is replaying his past life in his dream, that’s not what i expected when i read « sending back his emotions » :/

6. Goki-chan

Goki-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reincarnated-as-my-little-sister/

It’s exactly as the title says. Just a cute slice of life with some tearful moments. MC has an evil younger sister. Reincarnated as her and decides he’ll be the bes sister he never had for his past self.

Little different from what you’re asking but at least got the MC existing 2x although kind of different.

7. Goki-chan

Goki-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems pretty cool!
    First review you’ll see when checking the NU page.
    “upon reading this until my latest chapter (c52) I forgot everything and enjoyed reading about the history of gaming (or at least the concept of how the gaming industry came to be).”

Not sure how well that fulfills your request but I’m definitely reading it.

8. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning - technically what you're looking for but explaining it will be spoilers. Basically mc gets stuck in a timeloop after getting his soul combined temporarily with Zach the time looper.

Anon2.0 likes this.
  9. Nyamsus

Reading List:
    Link
    @canaria23 @juniorjawz
    thanks and noted!

no! what i want MC and his past self as separate entity, from your description it look like another back to the past and assimilate with own past self

10. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine's basically the same, fyi.

11. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're basically asking for a combination of "Back to the Future" + "Sliders"? Where Marty McFly/Doc Brown/Quinn Mallory met themselves (co-exist at the same time) in different timelines + dimensions?
    That's oddly specific. You might have more luck looking on Chinese webnovel sites (Qidian.com, uukanshu.com) rather than an English-translated novel.

It's almost always either
    (1) MC time travels and replaces himself (only 1 copy of himself exists)
    (2) MC dimension travels (i.e. isekai) to similar Earth world (only 1 copy of himself exists)

Haven't heard of a combination of that being done in an asian novel. Would be really difficult to write without visual indicators (unlike a manga/anime/movie/tv). Literally. How would you differentiate characters?
    Even the "Rick & Morty" TV Series had to resort to calling each other Rick C-137, Farmer Rick, Cool Rick, Cop Rick, Evil Morty .... and they all had different character designs.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  12. Nyamsus

Reading List:
    Link
    who knows! might as well refer himself as another name, in narration the story refer as his real name but in dialogue between character is his another name (like in Great Demon King) while it always narrate him as HanShuo, a lot of character call him byran

as for his young/present self, he can grouped with different circle of character to make it easy to recognize him and rarely appear(in some SS for future scene), might as well refer him with title in dialogue such as baron, count or young master

kkgoh likes this.
  13. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try this and filter down the list. It's preset for time travel. Maybe you might find something.
    http://www.jjwxc.net/bookbase.php?s...ew=0&sd=0&lx=0&fg=0&bq=60&submit=%B2%E9%D1%AF

14. Emilyl

Emilyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a comic called Jerk Transformation Plan where this happens, but I don't know if she meets herself or not.

15. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Volcanic Age, sadly he come back as a child