Discussion Bad experience in restaurant?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Adislt2, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a random thought in midnight ( I'm from Indonesia and it's almost midnight here )
    Do you have bad experience when you eat in a restaurant ?
    I have two
    First when one day i have lunch in a restaurant and when i want to pay they demand me to pay more than usual price and when i ask why i need to pay more, the cashier said because i eat second serving of rice in my meal and when i said i never order that, she said " yeah i know, i was the one that give the second serving "
    The second experience is when my friends and i eat together in a restaurant when we finish i go to restroom and after i back my friend said that they already call the waiter to count the bill as collective bill ( i don't know what is the correct term but basically everything my friends and i consume at that restaurant together counted as one bill ) and when i see the amount i surprised that we must pay 130 thousands rupiahs ( it's around 10 or 12 twelve us dollar in conversion )
    Because four of us choose menu that not really expensive, and the funny thing is when i call the waiter again and make him to count our bill as individual or separate bill we just spend around two dollars each other and in sum we only spend 8 dollar in our meal...
    Btw sorry for my bad English
    Edit:
    I make wrong calculation in conversion we only spend 6 dollar in our meal after we separated our bill as each of us only spend only around twenty thousand rupiahs each other and that is less than two dollar after we convert it to dollars and by dollar i mean U.S dollar

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Lonelycity likes this.
  2. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn 2 dollars for a meal, in my part of canada that only gets you a small cheeseburger.

Ophious and Cutter Masterson like this.
  3. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Ordering a take out, but the waiter gave me the wrong menu, the worst is that i check it hours after that at around 12 am. What's more, the menu i brought is a lot cheaper than the menu i ordered.

4. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know the correct term because in Indonesia we have two version of restaurant
    First is rumah makan or ampera it's a traditional restaurant of Indonesia where you can get very filling meal for 2 dollar or less
    And second is restaurant ( restoran in in indonesian spelling ) where for a cheapest meal cost you five dollars or more

5. Kurotsubaki

Reading List:
    Link
    This is like comparing those billions of African dollars to USA one. Tge living standard is just different

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    For christmas dinner, arriving on time for a 2 hour long meal, waiting 70 minutes for food and then having to rush the food because the next group was waiting at the door. :blob_coughblood:

7. Kurotsubaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Jangan langsung dikurs, bingung nanti pada gara-gara standar harga makanannya beda.

8. Kurotsubaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's super rush hour for ya

9. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah lupa gan, when i write dollar i mean it in U.S Dollar not any other kind of Dollars

10. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember one day i went into a sushi restaurant with my friends for a buffet à volonté but found that this is a limited buffet and not a real one.. the worst is none of my friends noticed it and thought that this is the first time for me.. btw i already went to several sushi restaurants before so i know what is a true buffet à volonté. Orz

11. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really?

That's the worst and you live in Indonesia?
    Try the waiter come to your table with the food with roach coming out of the plate running and him slapping, turning around like nothing happened...

12. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    Trust memyou have no idea how awesome is that you can eat top tier food with less that 5 dollars, soup second plate drink and dessert, the cooks are mostly moms and Latin America Mom's cooking is the best.

otaku31 likes this.
  13. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately i never get that, that will be nightmare

Lonelycity likes this.
  14. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That kind of restaurant will always be the best....no one can beat food from experineced mother

otaku31 likes this.
  15. On-topic

On-topic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you get nothing for 2 dollars in norway. the cheapest food is fast food and even that's expensive as fuck. one plain hamburger at mcdonalds costs 2 dollars.

16. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate it when eating at some of these cheap shop. They don't cover the food properly and the hygiene standard is nonexistent. just this afternoon I found flies swimming happily in the broth. Well... nope.

17. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh when you come to Indonesia and they serve you a bowl of water,

Don't drink, that's for washing your hands. You have no idea how many of my friends almost drink that thing..

ongoingwhy and xluferx like this.
  18. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Never really had any bad experiences. The only times something happened was at pizza places. Once I ordered a meat pizza and they gave me a veg one. I was on night shift so I couldn’t be bothered to change it. The other time wasn’t bad tbf. I ordered a regular pizza and after waiting for ages I was getting a tad annoyed. Then the guy came up to me and gave me my pizza. I thought finally and started to eat it. After a while I stopped in confusion but I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I carried on eating and then it clicked. They gave me a large pizza instead of regular~ \o/

19. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So true.....and some restaurant even use nice bowl and place it in front of you after bring them together with your meal

20. campfire

campfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I ordered shrimp and rice, but only got two shrimps. The rice was tasteless too -- I didn't know about soy sauce at that time tho.