Discussion Bad experience in restaurant?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Adislt2, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it’s tough for me to try new places. They always seem to let me down. Either the food is not microwave long enough or their are insects everywhere. So it’s tough. I try seek reviews and blogs about a restaurant before going, but sometimes you just find yourself hungry. So you of course find a near by place that look decent. So disappointing.
    The only really bad experience I had off the top of my head was at an IHOP. It was a family last minute get together. It was the first time I walk out of a restaurant. We must have waited a couple of hours with no explanation. Not until the end. But will never go to that IHOP again. It almost seemed that they we’re maybe racist or something.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  2. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    I once went to a restaurant on the last day they were open for the season. They were out of so many ingredients, that they could not make a single item on their menu. It was the only restaurant for many miles in any direction, the only store had closed hours earlier, and we did not have a car. So if we did not eat here, we would not get dinner. I finally had to ask for what items they did have and and they only had four left! I asked them to put the two I liked together in a pan, which they did, but then added zero seasoning (not even salt)....

3. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have similar experience like your ( the last experience you mentioned )
    When i pay my meal with amount that far larger than the price of my meal instead of they give me the changes, they give my money back plus the changes that should be given to me, and i jstj realise it when i re check my wallet after i come home ( the difference of money is really big like i eat 1 US Dollar meal and pay it with ten US Dollar bill )

4. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was a kid my fam would go to restaurants ~60km away to eat goulash. It was really good because the region is quite foresty and they hunt deers, boars, even bears there from which they make delicous goulash, also shrooms. However I didn't realise at the time how insane my parents were to go there and everytime wait 2-3h for the meal. Simply delicous isn't worth.

5. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I went a restaurant for few days. One day after I went to counter to pat the bills I noticed mouse running around in the kitchen from that day I stopped going there.

6. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    36 dollar meal with my roommate. Cashier makes a mistake and charges 360 dollars on my debit card and then charges again with the same card for 36 dollars to refund the previous charge.

Luckily I had plenty of money and it didnt overdraft. I was hella pissed off tho.

7. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least your fam go that far for a good and very filling meal
    One of my friend and his girlfriend often go that far just for a single piece of bread, and it's not because that's brand of bread is their favourite but just because they heard rumor that bread is delicious

8. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Is your country's staple food rice or is it just poor? Anyway life is not fair, sry for your friend but this thread is about restaurants.

9. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why i change my type of restaurant to restaurants that cook their food in the counter and in visible area for customer
    ( And in indonesIn that kind of restaurant are restaurant that serve foods like fried rice, fried noodles and another food that usually not eat in daily meal)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  10. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My staple food is rice , and noni Don't mean my country is poor by my previous statement
    It more like my friend willing go traveling around 60 km or more just to taste or get a piece of branded and expensive bread just because it's rumored good in socmed

11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at your previous comment it still implies your friend/country is poor quite conspicously. Choose wording better next time, anyway different culture indeed to say a brand of bread… Bread is just bread here, there are no labels on it. Most bread however is a made cheaply and proabably a bit unhealthy, good bread you can easily make at home but for some reason bakeries that make it so are incredibly rare.
    This good homemade bread is still not worth going anywhere far for, it's just bread…
    As for branded bread, I guess there is some at stores like rye bread, or toast bread or hot dog/hambuger sweet bread. These are all pretty much crap and super unhealthy(except rye but rye has a strong flavour and is though to chew)

12. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah me too except it's 2€ (3 canadian dollars) for what they call a cheese burger which has no cheese but is more a tiny slice of meat inbetween some bread...
    and if we exclude mcdonalds which is cheaper we can get around the price usually goes from 8€ to 20€ for a meal in a restaurant however i've never had any issues with any restaurant thus far so..

13. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    have you ever tried "la baguette" bro the bread from any french backerie is god tier

14. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a shape of bread here, we call it francuz (literally meaning french "guy" implied meaning is that the bread is french), it still has the same ingredients as normal white bread. People here started believing white bread is unhealthy around 10 years ago so everyone wanted black or half white bread, most of these mixed breads are however said to be just with coloured flour.
    I found that homemade bread lasts longer and is more dense. Bread from a generic bakery will harden the next day and basically be inedible.

15. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehm i see, thanks for the advice
    In my country there's so many expensive version of normal food like celebrity cake or bread ( cake or bread business that founded by celebrity in my country ) that have very expensive price compared to other cake sold in normal cake store

16. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad experince in rastaurant was when i odrer something but the portion was only enough for few bite, when the price was enough for me to eat 2-3 big portion food in another place.
    And that day one restaurant was added to my forbidden place list.

17. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    One time, at a well-known chained cafe, i ordered a slice of cake. When i was about to dig in, i suddenly noticed that there was a lot of dead ants on the cake's glazed surface.

I was beyond horrified and immediately complained (and asked for a new serving). They gave me a new slice, but again, i noticed that there's still a lot of dead ants on it. No kidding, and those things are definitely not some kind of artistic toppings.

Feeling disgusted, i immediately brought the offending serving to the counter. When i observed the cakes that was in the display, i finally noticed that the cake (from where my serving was sliced off from), was surrounded by ants.

The worst part? instead of disposing the said cake, they actually put my ants-infested serving back to the cake display, and i actually see that they sold it to another customer.
    wow.

That cafe immediately lost any shred of trust from me. I never come back.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  18. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God, that's horrible.