Badass leader like World of cultivation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by superzeno, Sep 22, 2016.

1. superzeno

superzeno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've recently been reading World of Cultivation and it has blown my mind a way especially how the mc builds an elite force that are solely dedicated to him. Can anyone recommend me a novel,manga, or fanfiction with an mc building an elite team that are loyal to him? Bonus brownie points if the side characters have personality.First one gets a chinese moon cake

ElTorroLoco and AkeShiro like this.
  2. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    My father In Law Is Lubu

3. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    .... Water Mage Warrior?Urgh forgot the name

They betray him.

TianKrea likes this.
  4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    Ge is unique.
    Not quite the same but Rakuin no Monshou (i've been recommending it a lot lately) , the mc had a badass army of ex sword slaves (gladiators) , tho he doesn't have one now , i'm pretty sure he will have one even better.But it's a story without cultivation or game elements , tho there's magic.
    Trascending the nine heavens

6. mariachi7

mariachi7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Mr.Bush

Mr.Bush 《First President》《Time traveller》《Hidden Pervert 》

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you tacking about Close Combat Mage

8. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been dancing around what series to read next and this one has been on my list for a while. This one's it!

9. Yukino

Yukino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Goblin Kingdom has the whole build an army thing going for it. He trains his subordinates, builds and army and goes off to conquer. It doesn't have the same charm as WoC but it's got the army building you're looking for.

Hail the King follows the same vein of army/kingdom building. It's got the added bonus of taking place in the Diablo 2 universe, so if you ever played that game this'll give you a good dose of nostalgia.

Heavenly Jewel Change: It hasn't happened yet but I feel like the MC is slowly gathering followers and eventually he will amass a force to bring back and help out his kingdom. It's been a slow build but I feel like the story is going to head in this direction. That said it's a good read regardless and the MC's got great personality, similar to Ge.

I am the Monarch: Another "MC is transported back into his past self, and uses his knowledge to change the future" novel. Works his way up quickly through the army and starts gathering experts using his knowledge of the future. Not many chapters translated so far but it's got promise. It's got a great medieval vibe to it where the troops are mainly spearmen coupled with cavalry. There's a bit of magic involved but it's got a nice low fantasy vibe to it.

Release that Witch doesn't have the same feel as WoC but it's a great kingdom building novel. Modern day mechanical engineer is transported into a Game of Thrones-esque world where he's been pitched into a battle with his siblings for the throne. Using his knowledge of modern technology he attempts to gain a leg up. He recruits a lot of people towards his cause, and the novel's only got 70 or so chapters translated so far but it's looking good at this point. It's an almost pure technologically based kingdom builder so far, but I'm enjoying it.

Sovereign of the Three Realms has a little bit of the recruitment aspect to it, as the MC becomes the head of a Dukedom and ends up bringing his entourage/followers along with him as he heads off on his journey towards the peak of cultivation. He's a reincarnated Heavenly Prince so using his knowledge from his previous life he manages to gain an advantage whenever there's one to be gained. A good story.

----

If you're looking for a novel that's "the most similar" to World of Cultivation I would probably recommend I Shall Seal the Heavens. There's probably a good chance you've already read it, and it doesn't have the pure army building aspect of WoC, but the MCs and the entire feel of the story is very similar. A good amount of humor mixed with sheer badassery that makes for a very satisfying read. There are points where Meng Hao is the leader of some crack troops, but it never becomes a main point like with WoC. That said, if you're looking for the same comedic level and a similar writing style, Er Gen's works are definitely the way to go.

Similarly, Undefeated God of War (by the same author as WoC) has got that same flavor that the author brought to WoC. It's a good read and it's not quite as far as WoC yet, but the MC has begun to amass some followers and it's quite possible the in the future he'll start to get an army of sorts going. It's a fun read and has even more ridiculous humor than WoC. Highly recommended.

11. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    awakening! definition of a badass mc, perhaps a racist later on but thats whats expected in WN :p

12. Megajoke

Megajoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Close Combat Mage

Elion likes this.
  13. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Jhin

Jhin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is ge?

15. Rarylith

Rarylith Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it can be translated by "i" or "me" or another type of personal pronoun of the sort.

16. Slikrapids

Slikrapids Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are you talking about Close Combat Mage

Elion likes this.
  17. ElTorroLoco

ElTorroLoco [Christmas spiritbun][Left Hand of Sordahon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cosmetic Care mage

18. Vyren

Vyren Version 3.33

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ge" is brother or big bro. When you're referring to yourself like that, it makes it so the surrounding people treat him like a big brother. Basically, he places himself high.

19. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    superzeno likes this.
  20. Hien

Hien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ge is like
    " this bro... "
    Well something like that