Discussion Baiting with "villain" tags

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tachi Works, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am getting a little annoyed to see all those villain and fodder tags only to find a very typical story.

One of these "i transmigrated into a cannon fodder" stories didn't even make sense because at the very beginning it's already explained that the "fodder" is some kind hard working woman with a baby with the ML and is the original daughter of a rich family and that the "Female Lead" is horrible??

Like.. why transmigrate at all, her setting is already ideal and a female lead not a cannon-fodder, and the supposed "female lead" is a straight up villainness just name-swapped.

imK and otaku31 like this.
  2. AlieAHey

AlieAHey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean that because the so called ‘Villainess’ has a good background and the ‘Female Lead’ has a bad background that the whole ‘I transmigrated into the Villainess who is actually rich and has a good family’ doesn’t make sense to you?

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, they should go ahead and make the villain protag actually evil and/or give her a tragic ending for once... :blobhero:

tho I wouldn't read it! :notlikeblob:

P.S. It's basically about trying to show the underdog overcoming hardships and winning (tho it isn't really). :blobdizzy:

imK likes this.
  4. AlieAHey

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the reason the typical female leads have a bad and poor background is to gather sympathy from the readers. Like, ‘Oh, this girl comes from such a bad family and yet she still can make it to the top!?’

While the villainesses always have good backgrounds is used as an excuse for their bad attitudes. Like, ‘She grew up in a rich and noble family, spoilt rotten and thinks of herself as higher than high when she can’t actually do anything!’

imK likes this.
  5. AlieAHey

Reading List:
    Link
    And cannon fodder characters aren’t always evil. They might just be a misunderstanding and are just usually going on with their lives while the protagonists one-sidedly thinks that they are in a rivalry. Like, ‘The ML has been paying attention to this barista at the coffee shop and now I’m so jelly than I’m going to completely obliterate the barista’s réputation and career just so I can keep the ML all to myself!!!’

imK likes this.
  6. AlieAHey

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I do admit that some types of novels twist the usual MC to make them seem more evil, but maybe the whole story is just written in a different perspective.:confused:

7. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s about MC stolen Scum and arrogant douchebag MP from FP. Author whitewashing scum MP and make him ML and She write FP as bad with jealousy character and make her antagonist.

8. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    tag means to refer to something, so however things that it come out of it, it's another matters. it's nonetheless not conclusion

imK likes this.
  9. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    No but cannon fodder is usually someone seeking death or inadvertently dies/gets ruined, but often the "villain/fodder" characters are super white-washed and were never actually villains.

It seems like a wrong label to me.

imK likes this.
  10. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    In a lot of the Bl novels i've read
    the original protagonist usually just ends up falling in love with the villain/cannon fodder mc and then ends up either never meeting the female lead or hate her indiscriminately because they get jealous and think that the mc likes the original fl over him when usually the mc just wants to push the original protagonist and fl together lol, most times an og fl is mentioned, it's just as a way to improve the og protag and MCs' relationship.

So usually the female leads actual character is never actually discussed lol

imK likes this.
  11. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been a bit disappointed with the villain/villainess stories so far. They're usually bad guy with a heart of gold/misunderstood girl types. Just once I'd like to see them actually be evil and succeed in their goals.

Tachi Works likes this.