Recommendations Bakadere stories

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by fightready2, May 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. fightready2

fightready2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently, the Youtube Channel 'Mother's Basement' released a video talking about "Reincarnated as a villainess with nothing but death flags" anime. As one of the many fans of the novel, while it was updating, I agreed that the series was worth the praise. Then came the bomb drop. The host referred to a term used to describe characters similar to the protagonist as a term known as 'bakadere' and these kinds of characters exist on a larger scale than I knew of. If someone knows of a story with a protagonist that fits this term, I wish to hear of it.

2. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if I got only the tip of the iceberg or not...
    But here's just a few with bakadere's

An Otome Game’s Burikko Villainess Turned into a Magic Otaku
    Observation Record of a Self-proclaimed Villainess’ Fiance
    The Villainous Lady Aims to Overthrow the Heroine
    Level 99 Villainous Daughter
    Zokuniiu akuyaku reijō tte, kon’na kanjide yoi nodeshou?
    It’s Because You Said There Would Be Candy!!
    Wishing Happiness unto an Idiot Sister
    Watashi wa Iwayuru Akuyakurashiga, Kichinto Batsu wa Ukeru Node Minogashite Hoshi to Omou
    Albert Ke no Reijou wa Botsuraku wo go Shomou desu
    Heikinten No Reijou
    Zannen Kei na Ojou-sama no Nichijou

Maybe add in
    Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu
    for good measure. Not exactly dere, but definitely a baka.

3. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree with the term, mc is just dense, typical harem mc.
    You can pretty much see this trope on most harem leads, or dense protagonist tag here, but anyway here's my recs non harem.

Villainess with a Cat Changing System
    MC Huo Yu, is the standard villainess who is so competent, she's beautiful and rich, she has best education, she could play the violin and piano, she could paint and do calligraphy, but her personality flawed: she's a bit arrogant and over bearing (TSUNDERE), and she fell in love for the male lead.
    The author knew she's too competent so they always dumb it down, so whenever Huo Yu torture our heroine, she always lets out flaws on purpose, veing forced for plot development, finally the ml and heroine gets happy ending, only she gets miserable ending.
    She was bound to a system that asked her to treat the heroine well, and she unknowingly changed her fate.

Green Tea Villainess [FAIL]
    Our MC Zuo Bian, is the standard transmigrated into Villainess trope.
    There is a problem: she's a sweet cinnamon roll, too pure for this world!
    System gave her Green Tea Manual so she can break up male lead and female lead, and hooking up with female lead. MC has no idea what these green tea stock sentences means, keep using Villainess stock sentences when talking.

She's the Protagonist
    Tang Hanqiu, a standard rich Villainess. Suddenly she realized that she was being controlled, and instead of trying to kill the heroine, she suicide jumped off the building. The heroine, who looked at her death, coldly murmuring "disobedient doll."
    Tang Hanqiu rebirth, and she met the heroine, but... the heroine seeed to be another person? She's staring at horror as the heroine claimed to be her career fan who zealously converts people to be her career fan, working together for the glory of Tang Hanqiu, is she secretly a leader of MLM cult!?
    ... Tang Hanqiu didn't know that the heroine is a different person, she was a soul kidnapped from another world, and that she was forced to blacken Tang Hanqiu, who is classified as BUG! The new heroine refused, and instead working her best for our Villainess!
    Fun novel, there's major mystery, especially who the heroine and what the whole system is. MC is fun and MLM ish personality, also rebellious, the system and host relationship are hostile unlike other stories~

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  4. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
  5. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, as much as I love Bakarina, I could understand why the translator decided to drop it, it's getting stale, the whole MC gets harem troupe is used again and again, and back to back from MC bro arc to MC fiance arc which I didn't care.
    I liked the heroine, I want to see more female leads orz
    Fortunately Yuri hime will have Bakarina anthology, so I will gets my needs of Bakarina and female leads haha