Feature Request Baning tag/Genre

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by NoNamejustGhost, Feb 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. NoNamejustGhost

NoNamejustGhost You don't know me

Reading List:
    Link
    The last time I checked (two years ago) there was no feature where we can ban some tags/genre, I(we) need this.
    When we ban the tag (for ourselves) we don't want any novel on our ranking (etc).
    Common tag I would ban.
    R*pe, nationalism.

Why?
    Because I usually don't want to read tags because of the spoiler and when I read the novel(without reading tags) and something like (r*pe *cough* mga.) Appears, It disturbs me.

Genre
    Also some genre I want to ban...
    I am not going to talk about which one because it may not like by everyone.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This has been around since 2016 or so: https://www.novelupdates.com/release-filtering/

3. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    So you want a way of blacklisting tags/genres that will keep them hidden throughout NU?
    So far that's only possible for the Main page's release feed. And kinda for series search, but you need to input it there every time (or save as bookmark?).
    You can exclude genres in Ranking, etc, but that's also something you need to reapply each time (unless there's an userscript that does that for you - or I can tell you how to hide genre results with uBlock Origin).
    Tags, unfortunately, are gonna be harder to get rid off, since that'll require recoding all these subpages to look at tags before giving results...

While I agree it's a good idea, it might be a while before this gets implemented (if it ever does).
    If they really bother you, it might be quicker to make a "ban list" on your reading list where you'd put all the novels with these nasty tags/genres.
    Once you have such a list, it's actually quite easy to hide its contents throughout NU (with a custom uBlock Origin filter).

@AliceShiki I don't think he was talking (just) about release feed. He mentioned novel ranking, which cannot hide tags.

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this. I'd like it a lot if I didn't have to manually enter "no yaoi, no bl, no r-18" and so on in my search every time I try to find a new series. It would be nice to have it save that state. This is a good feature request, so I hope it will be the first feature update to NU since... June of 2019? (Based on NU status bot) Holy moly tony, you're really leaving us here for awhile. I guess we're on the post release cycle of development where only major bug fixes get implemented. :blobsad:

5. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard the recent changes were on the managing side of things, which is why it might seem that way.

6. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like they tell me that every time, but I have no access to those logs so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯