LCD Beast Piercing The Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jun 2, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just caught up and have a few questions/comments:

c1: Why did even stop to apologize to his brother? Why wouldn't he have just shouted "Sorry!" and kept running? Apologizing to someone that he will never get along with can't possibly be as important as getting the medicine to his mom. It wouldn't have saved her of course, but he had no way of knowing that and he absolutely knew that apologizing sincerely was, at best, a waste of time.

c2: "sneak attacked with a despicable trick," are they raising pansies here? Sorry, stupid question.

It is nice to see that the whole family isn't 100% against him though. I was totally expecting him and his sister to be tossed out on the street.

c3: Seriously? Was there really a need for him to be a transmigrant? Will this actually add anything to the story or will it be like BTTH where its pretty much forgotten 99.999% of the time?

If his mom transmigrated, he should be hoping that he doesn't accidentally marry her ;)

I love an intelligent MC XD
    Hopefully this doesn't go like ATG with him turning into a moron who fights everything with brute force.

c4: I wonder why his sister doesn't cultivate. Even if she can't become a key descendant, being a cultivator should still make life easier, especially if they get kicked out.

If a specific creature being sculpted onto it is enough for him, then it would be extremely easy to con him...

c7: Even if he's treated as trash within the family, for the sake of the family's reputation, they shouldn't let outsiders treat him like trash too. I'm not saying they should have attacked that guy, but they definitely shouldn't have taken his side.

c8: lol, I think 50% was pretty generous and I totally understand why 80-90% of the book was used to convince people that the method could work ;)

c12: Yeah, this is probably a Quillin. It being something they'd underestimate was about 95% certain. I just hope that he manages to flee with his sister in time.

Astaroth and DorbenRS like this.
  2. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if we are to judge by the title, lots of senseless killing awaits.

3. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    but this is the novel full of logic and reasoning and innovative writing skills how can it be wrong!

4. DarkToastie

DarkToastie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm I like it, and yea he probably needs to run away with his sis alone due to the fact that this one Bastard wants to marry her due to her special physique. That special physique might be one of the reasons she doesn't cultivate?

5. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the time, transmigration have nothing to do with the story. It is merely use as a basis to compare with our world and used term, background, idioms or any other knowledge that came from Earth. For example, when they use the expression "have eyes but didn't see Mt. Tai", what is Mount Tai for them? It just make for easier writing for the author.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'd prefer if they'd just ignore it like a lot of other series and use the idioms anyway, or slightly change them to make sense. Mt Tai doesn't have to be Mt Tai after all. Plus, unless people are actually talking, the author can still use modern knowledge to describe things as long as s/he isn't writing in the first person.

Astaroth likes this.
  7. Sietse Valici

Sietse Valici Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just happy that they aren't underestimating it as a grade 1 piece of crap, but that they think it's an above average summon (even though right now they're only concerned with being butt hurt).

8. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure the author can do that, in fact some does it. But often they get called out by the readers with not so friendly comments. These are fantasy novels, but they still have to be able to fabricate the make belief so it seem as real as possible. "The planet is hundred times bigger than Earth", there's an Earth in this universe (o_0)? If the writing make the readers jump because their sense detect something is wrong, it doesn't make for a smooth read. The easiest solution to this problem is to transmigrate the MC.

Astaroth and Wowafay like this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't please everyone I guess, but to me, this just sounds like authors not being willing to take a few seconds to write things in context. Like I suggested earlier, Mt. Tai doesn't need to be Mt. Tai, the size of the planet can be stated in actual measurements rather than by comparing it to the size of earth or not stated at all, and pretty much any other problem that transmigrating the MC for non-story based reasons solves, can also be solved with better writing.

Ultimately though, its more of a pet peeve than a deal breaker.

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter. Anything below grade 6 might as well be grade 1.

Astaroth likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't help but feel that he's a moron. Yes, having a high grade beast will make him enemies, but those are enemies he already has and having that high ranked beast will also make him allies that he currently doesn't have. Basically, anyone in the clan that doesn't have a large grievance with him would rally around and protect him.

I don't believe that any of the elders are stupid enough to not know that Ye Jian hates the MC after he and his children have put so much effort into demonstrating it. They would definitely insist on protecting him from Ye Jian, though probably without ever stating that it was Ye Jian that they were protecting him from. Serious opposition to this from Ye Jian would undoubtedly lead to him being removed as clan head. As valuable as he is, he's not as valuable as a future immortal.

The only legitimate reason for hiding the truth would be if he planned to leave the clan with his sister. Since he doesn't plan to do that, he's only putting the both of them in extreme danger by maintaining his low status.

I don't know why people keep translating quillin as unicorn. They're not similar at all.

I also don't know if I can keep reading this. Its mostly a very very average series, and the only parts that really stand out to me are the parts I find frustrating.

Astaroth and DorbenRS like this.
  11. DarkToastie

DarkToastie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They ain't translating it a Unicorn, I guess the MC doesn't know what a qilin is since there hasn't been one yet. He probably just made the name up since he doesn't know it's a qilin, I guess.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It clearly was translated as unicorn with the understanding of what a unicorn was. Since a unicorn looks absolutely nothing like a dog, horn or not, and translators frequently do this, it is reasonable to assume that the original text said qilin.

13. Sietse Valici

Sietse Valici Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll ask Claire if the original says Qilin, if it does... byebye Unicorns, hello Qilins ;)

Wowafay and archn3m29 like this.
  14. damancy

damancy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it bad I read the title as breast piercings heaven?

15. SecondRate

SecondRate Editor of The Magus Era

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of breasts did you imagine capable of doing that? Now I am curious :p

strixflash likes this.
  16. damancy

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actualually just thinking about breast piercing as in nipple rings

What type of breadt were you thinking

17. SecondRate

SecondRate Editor of The Magus Era

Reading List:
    Link
    Ow, I was thinking about massive ones, which even those who couldn't see mount Tai would not even be able to miss.....
    But who knew you were decent guy :(

18. damancy

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't mind either :p

SecondRate likes this.
  19. darkofficer

darkofficer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well bye bye little sister. I wonder did he thought his plan through??

20. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one has commented on this thread in months, and after getting close to chapter 150 I can see why. This story is just too dumb, no one should waste their time reading it.