Recommendations Beautiful Anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by MrNebulist, Feb 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. lkaze

lkaze [NTR Sect Follower][@Get Tony To Tease Parth Fund]

Reading List:
    Link
    Makoto Shinkai work, loving his beautiful anime since his 2nd work (hoshi no koe)

2. tornberry

tornberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tegamibachi

3. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    try 'made in abyss'
    It is an adventure anime with a great art style.

4. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your lie in April
    P.S. Like how people put the anime names in Japanese, I mean there is English names that are easier to remember and easier to type into the search box

5. pirateking36

pirateking36 [[-Worst King-]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Emma was good yeah
    I would dantalian no shoka
    Or maybe gosick?

6. jihadjoe

jihadjoe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosick anime was beautifully illustrated.

7. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he wants visually beautiful shows Fullmetal lacks that. And while Brotherhood is great the first one falls a bit flat. But well that’s just my opinion.

8. ChickenBakuba

ChickenBakuba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hath thou summoned me, veteran of anime and weeaboos?

I'm just gonna whip out my personal anime list, so some stuff may be mentioned twice. And my tastes may be questionable.

Asterisked are the ones I really like, and the bolded are the ones I really really recommend.

Animes:
    • Angel Beats!
    • Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
    • Assassination Classroom* (Second to none in its genres, something on par with Koe no Katachi. Unique plotlines and brilliant characters)
    • Clannad: After Story (Strictly the second season, first one gave me cancer but the second one was chemotherapy. And the series isn't good overall imo)
    • Just Because!* (Debatable on whether it's beautiful. A highschool setting in tokyo)
    • Kimi no Na Wa* (Debatable on whether its beautiful though. Mostly adding for the sake of it. Many plotholes and stuff)
    • Mahoutsukai no Yome
    • Koe no Katachi* ('nuff said, just go watch it. Something I would recommend out of everything here. Touches on a subject rarely mentioned off in the anime industry, and did a bloody good job at it too.)
    • Little Busters!: Refrain* (Improved Clannad, and strictly second season. I wish you luck in passing the first season)
    • Plastic Memories (Personally disliked it, but well to each his own)
    • ReLIFE (Anime was meh, but manga was pretty good. Ending soon)
    • Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Idk if this is defined as beautiful but to me, some parts were really touching. You probably saw this a few hundred times elsewhere but give it a try. Starts off slow, gets really good later on)
    • Shelter* (Not even an anime, just a music video. Beautiful art though)
    • Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso* (Every musician worships it. Pretty much mandatory. Idk why I didn't see it here)
    • Spirited Away* (This was my childhood ok. You only understand it if you watched it before and rewatch it again)
    • Toradora! (Highest rated romcom, but I personally really really dislike it)
    • Oregairu series* (My personal best romance series)
    • Spice and Wolf* (Somewhat complicated but undeniably one of the best romances)
    • 3-gatsu no Lion* (Dropped it halfway through the series because it was monotone and boring. But apparently it hit top 20 rankings of MAL for second season, so I'll leave that up to you)
    • Ao Haru Ride (Never watched this)
    • Bakemono no Ko (Somewhat familiar with this, but you probably won't like it)
    • Fate series (Beautiful in a unique fate way)
    • Garden of Words (Heard it sucks but the art is still really good although it has finally been surpassed)
    • Mushishi* (Don't ask me what this is about. It held top 10 eras ago though before the gintama nation attacked)
    • Natsume series* (Heard it gets repetitive though. But yeah, it once held top 10 rankings like Mushishi)
    • Violet Evergarden* (Something I recommend the second most out of everything here)
    • Howl's moving castle (A classic)
    Honourable mentions:
    -Naruto? (Idk about you but some parts are really 'beautiful')
    -Gosick (Ending scene was beautiful, definitely. Entire anime gives a dark sherlock holmes vibe though. And I rank it quite high in the mystery genre)
    -Made in Abyss (This shouldn't be here, some of the scenes are super fucking dark and painful which made viewers flinch or cover their eyes. The polar opposite of 'beautiful'. But I admit it's one of the best fantasy anime I've watched)

Manga:
    • Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan* (Who would've thought 8 chapters could have such a lasting impact on anyone?)
    • Diamond Dust* (Super underrated Manhwa which I personally enjoyed as a musician myself. Brutally realistic)
    • Nano List* (A webtoon that can be found on a webtoon site, and its one of the leading hotcakes in the sci-fi genre. The best webtoon I've seen so far.
    • I love yoo* (Wouldn't catalog it as beautiful, but it's a nice romance read. Can be found on webtoon site)
    • Hooky* (A webtoon that is drawn like a comic. A really good fantasy read, 'innocent' and 'light-hearted' and also quite 'beautiful' if I say so. Can be found on same webtoon site.)
    • Kind of Confidential* (A Webtoon. A real pity it's only around 40? chapters and is nowhere near completed. One of the best superhero romances or whatever the hell those wattpad novels talk about)
    Honourable mentions:
    -Cheese in the trap (Webtoon on webtoons.com)
    -Bloom into You

Also, if you see anything like 'SAO' or something like boku no pico which has a shit ton of critics in general, do your eyes a favour and don't watch it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    gggo likes this.
  9. chloroform

chloroform Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Whisper fo the heart
    [​IMG]
    Porco rosso
    [​IMG]
    Howl's moving castle

10. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Land of Lustrous - 3D CG aesthetics
    Girls's Last Tour - post modern apocalyptic world aesthetics
    if you want more anime I'll suggest the studios that are consistent to their artwork
    Shaft - most of their anime has visually stunning characters with great camera angle and beautiful background (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, 3-gatsu no Lion, Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)

Kyoto Animation - the famous artistic studio, most of their modern anime are well animated whether the plot is good or not, (Koe no Katachi, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Kyoukai no Kanata) currently airing Violet Evergarden

Production I.G and it's partner studio Wit Studio - these two studio are the best for me, they have the greatest works when it comes to adaptation, they've made the most realistic medieval fighting which aren't present in majority of live movies, they've inspired the Sci-fi elements in this world(they are the ones who made Ghost in the Shell), they only adapt the exceptional ones like the currently airing Mahoutsukai no Yome, probably the strongest studio in Japan along with Bones, and they are partnered with Netflix, they are also the most generous studio out there, they've collaborated with a lot of anime studio (Noblesse: Awakening, Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199, FLCL)

11. Kenja

Kenja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys you are missing the point, i think he is interested in colorful, bright and well drawn animations... Not in our favorite animes or studios xD

12. roriconknight

roriconknight Exiled Member of The Lolicon Society

Reading List:
    Link
    SukaSuka (Shuumatsu nani Shitematsuka...) is a great anime.
    The visuals are unique and the accompanying songs are simply great.

Ddraig likes this.
  13. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind Victorian style Europe, then I'll recommend Emma

14. Kanishka Kushram

Kanishka Kushram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Akagami no shirayukihime

15. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime films that set the bar high. (Btw, not my video)

16. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga has a better/clearer ending but it's on fan translated so you'll have to buy it.
    Well, better than Byousoku 5 centimeters.