Discussion Best VRMMORPG novels you read

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by krish1148, Jun 5, 2020.

1. krish1148

krish1148 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i can say that LMS and OverGeard are best vr novels i read in all times.OverGeard is so good on character development.LMS is for adventure.Especially till master quests the adventure was epic.till now i haven't read novel with good wars as wars in LMS.which do guys think ,this is best VR novel or epic war as LMS.

animefan217 likes this.
  2. mcmunhuu

mcmunhuu [Got rejected by LaDyViL] [T_T] [No Game No Life]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ark or legendary moonlight sculptor i

3. krish1148

Reading List:
    Link
    which novel do you think has good war scene as in lms

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    There is none, they all suck and are poorly done. You can clearly see that 99% of them have never actually played an MMO in their life and just stuck it in their cause they know MMOs are popular. (Yes, LMS and Overgeared suck too, it is clear the authors haven't played an MMO outside of maybe being casuals)

The stuck in the game vrmmos are generally done better mostly because they don't need to deal with ridiculousness of IRL and don't suffer the poor balance issues since well there is no option not to play. There is also more suspense due to actual consiquences.

5. krish1148

Reading List:
    Link
    i am not saying they have good mechanics or system in vr.my topic is good vr novels and best war scene.if you want mechanics on any mmo novel then you will be disappointment.

6. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The World Online. Mostly because it's not really a mmo meant to be played as a game and balanced as one. It's a simulation that gradually gets more realistic with every year meant to train humanity as it migrates to another planet since earth is doomed. The planet they are going to is very hostile, so as this is the future, the world's main AI is used to scan all of human knowledge even the martial arts one. Thus it manages to discover cultivation, and the game is meant to train people in it to prepare humanity.
    This is not a spoiler by the way. All this is revealed in the first few chapters. the first 2/3 of the story are glorious. And the rest is still pretty good.

And also, Peerless White Emperor. Mostly because it caters to my sophomoric sense of humor and cracks me up to no end.

Meloman and Nikster like this.
  7. krish1148

Reading List:
    Link
    Peerless White Emperor is good but it does not have good consistency on power levels.it randomly changes.it gets repetitive near later chapters.

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The war scenes aren't that great either, because many of the top guilds feel like pugs or low end guilds run by a person with an inferiority complex.

This is why it is so important for an author to actually experience top end gaming to write a proper vrmmo novel. Because if all their experience is playing with pugs or low end guilds, that is what you get.

9. Vermouth

Vermouth Older but none the wiser.

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of the ones I read, Legendary Moonlight Sculptor and Log Horizon are probably my top two.

For Log Horizon, I love the cast of characters. Each are unique but they're all really likable. MC doesn't hog the spotlight with his OPness while side characters pale in comparison. You truly see the characters working together and playing to each others' strengths. That sort of quality really reminds me of guilds in MMORPGs.

Also, the vast scope of the world and the politics between different factions is top notch.

10. mastemind05

mastemind05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure... couple i have read.

chinese
    This MC is Kickass
    Peerless White emperor
    Zhan Long
    Half Prince
    a slight smile is charming

Korean
    LMS
    Ark (20-25ch only)

Japanese
    Log Horizon
    Only Sense Online
    OVRMMO

havent read but watch anime
    The King Avatar
    Sword Art Online (not fan really, only watch s1)
    .hack
    ark the legend

11. Brutalix

Brutalix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go read The Second Coming of Gultonny
    You wont regret it! Their War scenes and fights were so vividly described and well written, you could feel urself in there

12. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    For good mechanics, The King's Avatar and VRMMO no Shien Shokunin are excellent examples that mechanics can be good without getting in the way of a good story. If an author doesn't want to write good video game mechanics into the story, he shouldn't set it in a video game.

For general purposes, LMS is the peak of VRMMO novels. None of the Korean novels are as good because they're all just copies of LMS but Weed has a different class and usually doesn't do half as much. None of the Chinese novels are as good because they keep inflating the word count with explanations of how equipping one item is equal to gaining three levels and it takes weeks for normal players to get to level 10 and everything worth doing can only be achieved by one player. Japanese novels only really suffer from having Japanese protagonists and being slice of life.

The only exception is if you like slice of life, in which case I'd say a number of Japanese novels do it extremely well - Free Life Fantasy Online is my favorite of those (the manga is not even close to being as good as the webnovel).

13. Deetist

Deetist New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're all shit. What's the point in reading about a dude play a game when it doesn't affect the real world? Now, there are certain ones like Murim Login where the MC gets transported into a game world, but he can also take the stuff he learns in there and use it in the real world. (Stats and skills and shit all transfer over).

14. toleroid

toleroid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1/2 Prince

15. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LMS, 1/2 Prince and Vaudevillain, because they do feel like games
    The MCs are relatively special, but still rely on other people to increase their impact on the setting, and their adventures make sense as quests, and thereis cool and fun stuff for the players todo, plus the irl shenanigans that treat the game as a game
    I havent ever consumed a good trapped in VR novel, because the game design is always atrocious and so overly biased towards the MC, a that point just make it an isekai and be done with it

toleroid likes this.