Resolved Biasedly Unapproved Reviews?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by znukhsoc, Aug 3, 2022.

1. znukhsoc

znukhsoc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I noticed that out of 86, 15 reviews of mine are unapproved and aren't public. Most of them suspiciously are negative reviews. I checked them and there isn't any offensive stuff in it, I usually just list the stuff that annoys me (sometimes) along with the good sides if I'm giving a novel a bad score.
    I can only guess that the mods that read reviews are biased when approving them. Especially when I check other reviews on this specific novel, there are only 3 or higher reviews are approved. I feel like that shouldn't be allowed.
    -Not sure if I'm writing this to the right place since it's my first time using this forum...-

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/review-guidelines/

You broke some of the terms there, so your review was rejected. That's all there is to it.

Figure out which part of the guidelines you broke and edit it out, your review should be approved then.

And if you find any review that broke the guidelines and that is up, feel free to report it, the mods will look over it again. They might have missed something on the first time they looked over it.

znukhsoc and MangoGuy like this.
  3. znukhsoc

znukhsoc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, thanks a bunch, really like this site a lot so I really hope that my theory is wrong. I'll try changing them. Looked at the last one btw: There was the use of "half assed" so I guess that was accepted as profanity. Strange but acceptable. I'll be checking all the private ones and reporting myself :3

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reviews aren't even really read, to be honest. They're skimmed for basic compliance with review guidelines and rejected when they violate them. The one approving them has basically no opinions to share and is, if anything, biased towards simply approving everything that looks decent so he can move on with his day, I'd imagine. Feel free to negatively review every novel on the site with the harshest criticism you can come up with; it honestly makes no difference, so long as you follow those guidelines.

If you believe a review was mistakenly rejected and honestly can't find anything wrong with it, just report it.

AliceShiki, Blitz and znukhsoc like this.