Spoiler [BL] After becoming a millionaire, a billionaire proposed to me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ludagad, Oct 25, 2019.

1. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, and while I dislike the consent issues present in main couples (BL or BG) - hence my long list of pending unread novels - I will take some time to consider.

This is also why I appreciate the spoilers section so much.

It was mentioned MC is trying to spoil ML. Do you mind giving some examples of how ML spoils MC back other than what is written in summary? Is there introspection of MC’s choices in life given he had a happy adopted family?

2. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read that far, so I can only speak about the beginning. MC was happy with his family, but he never felt like he deserved anything he got, because he knew he was a substitute. So far, at least I saw his younger brother loving him unconditionally and being extremely reluctant to accept his real brother (MC talks to him a lot about this issue). I don't think MC would regret his decision to give up every material thing he got while in the family, since it let him feel liberated. He's not hiding from his brother and he still helps with issues in the family, so it doesn't seem like he's cutting ties. I'm not sure whether they'll talk it out later. I do know that MC's biological family finds him near the end of the novel - another prominent family, of course, since it's a light-hearted and unrealistic novel. So there should be no reason to get recognized as heir to the adoptive family.

MC is very fond of the ML, but in the typical tsundere way - mostly being cold to him and speaking the opposite of what he thinks/intends to do at times. But usually, it's more of MC teasing ML and ML acting cute/pitiful to MC to get more love. MC thinks of how to let ML become a popular actor, getting him more and better jobs and backing him financially. He also listens to ML's requests, but in his tsundere way again. The only time he isn't tsundere is when he's openly inviting ML into his bed, but that's also done teasingly. So, the doting isn't that obvious, but ML notices it and the readers see it (if they can look beyond the damn tsundere way of speaking/behaving). But that's only the first 20 or so chapters, forgot how many I read. Maybe their dynamic changes later? I wouldn't count on it much, since the whole dynamic is based on their character tropes.

Dragon_Reader and wildthorn like this.