Spoiler (BL) After Being Approached by His Son’s Dad

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kirameki, Feb 6, 2020.

1. kirameki

kirameki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: After Being Approached by His Son’s Dad
    Raw Link: https://www.danmei.la/book/13/13657/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/after-being-approached-by-his-sons-dad/
    Description:
    Five years ago, Gu Jiaming, who climbed out of the mountain nest, entered the entertainment circle in order to cultivate, and in order to overcome the shortcomings of emotional gaps, he used an excellent acting skill to hook up a Chinese “little nobleman” abroad. After a month of falling in love and feeling love, he ran away with guilty conscience after the other party proposed marriage.

Five years later, Gu Jiaming had become popular all over the country, but he had a four-year-old son beside him.

One day, the little handsome guy pointed at the man who took up the entire page in the financial newspaper and said, “Dad, this man looks like me!” Gu Jiaming glanced at the calm, handsome man in a suit and shoes in the newspaper, and asked with a guilty conscience, “He has an onion head, and his body is black and black like the top post. Are you sure you look like him?” That night, “Top Door Post” came to the door … Gu Jiaming, “My son, hide your tail!”

-----------------------------
    Looking for any spoilers like plot spoilers, when the baby is born, when does ML meet his son, or interactions between MC and ML.

2. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like a lot of this author's other works, the story starts with the scene set in the summary. In other words, the story starts with MC being confronted with his baby-daddy come a'knocking at the door, and has to frantically tell his five year old son to hide his half-fox-spirit characteristics.

ML already knows about the kid who looks so much like him as a child that it's obvious that's his son, since he investigated MC before coming to confront him. The first half of the story is mainly dealing with the ML trying to figure out what is the big secret that MC and son are keeping from him (they're not human), why MC had previously run away from him (MC romanced him out of pure instinct, had no idea what he was doing, and panicked), and why his lost his memories of MC for the last few years (MC had incompetently sealed his memories when he ran away).

The second half of the story is mostly slice of life, ML getting MC to finally commit, interspersed with getting more into the hidden supernatural community of the world.

3. kirameki

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. And thanks for the spoiler. I'm curious on how ML handles MC when he confronts him about their son. Does he move in with them or tries to get them to move in with him? What's the child like? And does the child treat or think of ML?

4. charysa

Reading List:
    Link
    When ML shows up, he's already bought up the media company that owns MC's actor contract, so he's like MC's boss's boss now. Plus MC knows that he owes ML karma for the whole run from proposal and then have a kid in secret thing, so he accepts ML's request to temporarily house him "...until you can get your own place" (ML: which will be never).

The kid takes after ML in looks and is a lot like MC in personality. Which is to say, it feels like they have a pit in their head, but it's just because they lack some common sense/reference points, and have a different point of view on a lot of things, because they're not human. Like, at first, both MC and the kid are worried that ML going to forcefully take custody of the son, and they're constantly paranoid about a human finding out about their inhumanity. The kid probably also watched too much soap operas, and has this big active imagination about how his dad will take him away and then a stepmother will torture him and so forth. Of course, being a kid, it's also easier for ML to eventually bribe, cajole, and white lie his way into his graces, and start to figure out their weirdness.

ML is the patient type, who came into the picture with the primary intention of investigating what the hell happened. He was a believer in science, which sucks for him, since he has to really reach for straws to explain the presence of a son between two men, when technology at the time wasn't supposed to be advanced enough to create him, unless there's some secret cutting edge DNA science lab involved... ML's ultimate goal is to get the happy family all together, which runs up against MC's paranoia about human-spirit relationship never ending well, and just general commitment-phobia.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  5. kirameki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the spoilers. You're a real big help. :cookie: If there's any more spoilers you might have, they're very much appreciated.

6. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang
    @Zennie_613 @zarya
    @324722 @2Bon2B

pcheshire, Selax, mereumsama and 4 others like this.
  7. Hikari111

Hikari111 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoilers, please... :X3:

8. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea so many of the stories, movies, and dramas of human and spirit love [example: madame white snake] always ends painfully...so maybe MC is influenced by those types of stories.

mereumsama likes this.
  9. charysa

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is a tsundere with a capital T. His "excuse" for keeping ML at arms length, aside from cross species marriage is not meant to be, is also that his goal is to cultivate until he can ascended. He went into acting purely to get the worship of fans, which helps him cultivate. And having more mortal ties, including owing ML karmically, would prevent him ascending in the future. Of course, his son is still his #1 priority even above ascending. ML on the other hand...

MC also has a straightforward personality and never thinks of the consequences of what comes out of his mouth. To be fair, he has somewhat good luck, and (super)natural allure, which is probably what's letting him still do well in the acting business. Although he has rivals in the business, they're more on the level of petty snubbing than the cliche "I want to ruin your life" type; also, this isn't a entertainment circle focused story.

I think the author also went a little overboard with his naivety/gullibility. Like, ML moves in with the claim that he just spent all his money investing in business (his main company is overseas and just moving into the chinese market) and thus can't afford to get his own pace, and MC actually buys that. Then later he finds out that ML just invested in the new movie he's making, and asks ML if he has the money to invest in a movie, why doesn't he buy a house. ML claims he invested all the money he recently made into the movie because it helps his business, and thus doesn't have any left to buy a house... and the MC once again believes him. :facepalm:

Sometimes MC is like a giant child himself and you almost have to wonder how he even survived living in the real world for 5+ years. (He probably used magic to cheat.) Maybe it's just me, but this kind of character is funny to read about at first, but as the story goes on I found it less funny and more annoying, but that's just me.

ML is not the typical yandere overbearing CEO, thank goodness. He's more of the black-belly type. He typically quietly plots in the background, secretly cutting off all other options for his target except for the path he wants, before presenting the fait accompli.

Like, MC tells his son's preschool teacher that the adult who looks like the kid is not allowed to pick him up from school. Meanwhile, ML is schmoozing the principal, donating money/construction/equipment to the school. When the principal and the teacher compare notes, they come up with the "explanation" that this couple is just having a marital spat. So the teacher just nod and smiles when MC is insisting that ML can't pick up the son, without putting too much stock in it.

The son is quite smart, and inherited ML's sense for numbers and business. But due to being inhuman and going to preschool for youkai, he has some big holes in his common knowledge. He's also a bit of a narcissist, except he's sad he doesn't look more like his prettier dad (MC).

Son: *preening in front of the mirror for the nth time while they're gonna be late to school* Do I look ok?
    ML: You look great.
    Son: *frowns* I think my left shoelace is longer than my right shoelace.
    ML: ...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Peachiii, Ease, alexfilia and 8 others like this.
  10. YeYueLiang

YeYueLiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Silently click watch thread * :sushi_hide:

Creolenerd likes this.
  11. LavenderBlizzard

LavenderBlizzard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading it. I love the interaction between MC, ML, and their children.

12. YeYueLiang

YeYueLiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Adding to my list to read :whistle:

13. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished MTL-ing:blobparty::blobparty:... so sweet:blob_pompom::blobicecreamlove: but the ending could have been better explored and not rushed like timeline fuck up... how could a person live till 330 with media eyes... and who ended up with who ... where is the process...:blob_coffee: But really loved ML, MC, and their first kid interactions:blobcatblush:

14. HIMETAN

HIMETAN My English Sucks • I want good luck

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler please
    Mtl easy to read or not?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020